Daily House Price Indices: Construction, Modeling, and Longer-Run Predictions
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Tim Bollerslev & Andrew J. Patton & Wenjing Wang, 2016. "Daily House Price Indices: Construction, Modeling, and Longer‐run Predictions," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 31(6), pages 1005-1025, September.
- Tim Bollerslev & Andrew J. Patton & Wang Wenjing, 2013. "Daily House Price Indexes: Construction, Modeling, and Longer-Run Predictions," Working Papers 13-29, Duke University, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Holly, Sean & Pesaran, M. Hashem & Yamagata, Takashi, 2010.
"A spatio-temporal model of house prices in the USA,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 158(1), pages 160-173, September.
- Sean Holly & M. Hashem Pesaran & Takashi Yamagata, 2006. "A Spatio-Temporal Model of House Prices in the US," CESifo Working Paper Series 1826, CESifo Group Munich.
- Holly, Sean & Pesaran, M. Hashem & Yamagata, Takashi, 2006. "A Spatio-Temporal Model of House Prices in the US," IZA Discussion Papers 2338, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Holly, S. & Pesaran, M.H. & Yamagata. T., 2006. "A Spatio-Temporal Model of House Prices in the US," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0654, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Robert J. Shiller, 1991. "Arithmetic Repeat Sales Price Estimators," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 971, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Clapp, John M & Giaccotto, Carmelo, 1992. "Estimating Price Trends for Residential Property: A Comparison of Repeat Sales and Assessed Value Methods," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 5(4), pages 357-374, December.
- Fulvio Corsi, 2009. "A Simple Approximate Long-Memory Model of Realized Volatility," Journal of Financial Econometrics, Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 7(2), pages 174-196, Spring.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1990. "Modelling the Coherence in Short-run Nominal Exchange Rates: A Multivariate Generalized ARCH Model," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(3), pages 498-505, August.
- Pesaran, M. Hashem & Timmermann, Allan, 2007. "Selection of estimation window in the presence of breaks," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 137(1), pages 134-161, March.
- Owens, John & Steigerwald, Douglas G, 2009. "Noise Reduced Realized Volatility: A Kalman Filter Approach," University of California at Santa Barbara, Economics Working Paper Series qt4n80536m, Department of Economics, UC Santa Barbara.
- Tian, Jing & Anderson, Heather M., 2014. "Forecast combinations under structural break uncertainty," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 161-175.
- Engle, Robert, 2002. "Dynamic Conditional Correlation: A Simple Class of Multivariate Generalized Autoregressive Conditional Heteroskedasticity Models," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 20(3), pages 339-350, July.
- Meese, Richard A & Wallace, Nancy E, 1997. "The Construction of Residential Housing Price Indices: A Comparison of Repeat-Sales, Hedonic-Regression and Hybrid Approaches," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 14(1-2), pages 51-73, Jan.-Marc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wendy Nyakabawo & Rangan Gupta & Hardik A. Marfatia, 2018. "High-Frequency Impact of Monetary Policy and Macroeconomic Surprises on US MSAs and Aggregate US Housing Returns and Volatility: A GJR-GARCH Approach," Working Papers 201817, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Bremus, Franziska & Krause, Thomas & Noth, Felix, 2017.
"Bank-specific shocks and house price growth in the U.S,"
IWH Discussion Papers
3/2017, Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH).
- Franziska Bremus & Thomas Krause & Felix Noth, 2017. "Bank-Specific Shocks and House Price Growth in the U.S," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1636, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Robert J. Hill & Alicia N. Rambaldi & Michael Scholz, 2018. "Higher Frequency Hedonic Property Price Indices: A State Space Approach," Graz Economics Papers 2018-04, University of Graz, Department of Economics.
- Badarinza, Cristian & Ramadorai, Tarun, 2013. "Home Away From Home? Safe Haven Effects and London House Prices," CEPR Discussion Papers 9786, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Mehmet Balcilar & Elie Bouri & Rangan Gupta & Mark E. Wohar, 2018. "Mortgage Default Risks and High-Frequency Predictability of the US Housing Market: A Reconsideration," Working Papers 201875, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Yongheng Deng & Eric Girardin & Roselyne Joyeux, 2015. "Fundamentals and the Volatility of Real Estate Prices in China: A Sequential Modelling Strategy," Working Papers 222015, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- repec:eee:chieco:v:48:y:2018:i:c:p:205-222 is not listed on IDEAS
- Anenberg, Elliot & Laufer, Steven, 2014. "Using Data on Seller Behavior to Forecast Short-run House Price Changes," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2014-16, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US).
More about this item
KeywordsData aggregation; Real estate prices; Forecasting; Time-varying volatility;
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes; State Space Models
- C53 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Forecasting and Prediction Models; Simulation Methods
- G17 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Financial Forecasting and Simulation
- R21 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Housing Demand
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aah:create:2015-02. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://www.econ.au.dk/afn/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.