Hedonic Imputation And The Price Index Problem: An Application To Housing
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Dubin, Robin A, 1988. "Estimation of Regression Coefficients in the Presence of Spatially Autocorrelated Error Terms," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 70(3), pages 466-474, August.
- Feenstra, Robert C, 1994. "New Product Varieties and the Measurement of International Prices," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(1), pages 157-177, March.
- Kees Jan Van Garderen & Chandra Shah, 2002. "Exact interpretation of dummy variables in semilogarithmic equations," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 5(1), pages 149-159, June.
- Hausman, Jerry, 1999. "Cellular Telephone, New Products, and the CPI," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 17(2), pages 188-194, April.
- Ariel Pakes, 2003.
"A Reconsideration of Hedonic Price Indexes with an Application to PC's,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(5), pages 1578-1596, December.
- Ariel Pakes, 2002. "A Reconsideration of Hedonic Price Indices with an Application to PC's," NBER Working Papers 8715, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Basu, Sabyasachi & Thibodeau, Thomas G, 1998. "Analysis of Spatial Autocorrelation in House Prices," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 17(1), pages 61-85, July.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-838, May.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
- Kelvin J. Lancaster, 1966. "A New Approach to Consumer Theory," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74, pages 132-132.
- Diewert, W. E., 1976. "Exact and superlative index numbers," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 115-145, May.
- Jack Triplett, 2004. "Handbook on Hedonic Indexes and Quality Adjustments in Price Indexes: Special Application to Information Technology Products," OECD Science, Technology and Industry Working Papers 2004/9, OECD Publishing.
- Frederick V. Waugh, 1928. "Quality Factors Influencing Vegetable Prices," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 10(2), pages 185-196.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- José A. Montenegro & José L. Torres, 2016. "Consumer preferences and implicit prices of smartphone characteristics," Working Papers 2016-04, Universidad de Málaga, Department of Economic Theory, Málaga Economic Theory Research Center.
- Adam Gorajek, 2018. "Econometric Perspectives on Economic Measurement," RBA Research Discussion Papers rdp2018-08, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Hill, Robert J. & Melser, Daniel & Syed, Iqbal, 2009.
"Measuring a boom and bust: The Sydney housing market 2001-2006,"
Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 193-205, September.
- Robert J. Hill & Daniel Melser & Iqbal Syed, 2009. "Measuring a Boom and Bust: The Sydney Housing Market 2001-2006," Discussion Papers 2009-08, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
- Lars Nesheim, 2006. "Hedonic price functions," CeMMAP working papers CWP18/06, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Ahmad, Waseem & Ahmed, Tanvir & Ahmad, Bashir, 2019. "Pricing of mobile phone attributes at the retail level in a developing country: Hedonic analysis," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(4), pages 299-309.
- Reis, Hugo J. & Santos Silva, J.M.C., 2006.
"Hedonic prices indexes for new passenger cars in Portugal (1997-2001),"
Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 890-908, December.
- Hugo Reis & J.M.C.Santos Silva, 2002. "Hedonic Price Indexes for New Passenger Cars in Portugal (1997-2001)," Economic Bulletin and Financial Stability Report Articles and Banco de Portugal Economic Studies, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Hugo Reis & J.M.C.Santos Silva, 2002. "Hedonic Prices Indexes for New Passenger Cars in Portugal (1997-2001)," Working Papers w200210, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Hugo J. Reis & J.M.C. Santos Silva, 2003. "Hedonic Prices Indexes for New Passenger Cars in Portugal (1997- 2001)," Econometrics 0303003, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Eilers, Lea, 2016. "Spatial Dependence in Apartment Offering Prices in Hamburg," VfS Annual Conference 2016 (Augsburg): Demographic Change 145639, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Diewert, Erwin, 2019. "Quality Adjustment and Hedonics: A Unified Approach," Microeconomics.ca working papers erwin_diewert-2019-2, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 14 Mar 2019.
- Mick Silver, 2016. "How to Better Measure Hedonic Residential Property Price Indexes," IMF Working Papers 2016/213, International Monetary Fund.
- Ida Ferrara & Stephen McComb & Paul Missios, 2007.
"Local Willingness-to-Pay Estimates for the Remediation of the Sydney Tar Ponds in Nova Scotia,"
Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 33(4), pages 441-458, December.
- Paul Missios & Ida Ferrara & Stephen McComb, 2009. "Local Willingness-to-Pay Estimates for the Remediation of the Sydney Tar Ponds in Nova Scotia," Working Papers 009, Ryerson University, Department of Economics.
- Empen, J., 2012. "Preissetzung auf dem deutschen Joghurtmarkt: eine hedonische Analyse," Proceedings “Schriften der Gesellschaft für Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissenschaften des Landbaues e.V.”, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA), vol. 47, March.
- Stefania Tonin & Margherita Turvani, 2011. "Environmental contamination and industrial real estate market: an application of hedonic price method in Italy," ERSA conference papers ersa10p511, European Regional Science Association.
- Claire Borsenberger & Sébastien Bréville & Aurélie Dehais, 2013. "Price comparisons in the parcel industry: a new approach based on the hedonic price theory," Chapters, in: Michael A. Crew & Paul R. Kleindorfer (ed.), Reforming the Postal Sector in the Face of Electronic Competition, chapter 4, pages 48-62, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Steven S. Vickner, 2017. "Friend or PHO? On the Marginal Valuation of Reducing the Content of Trans Fat in Processed Foods," Advances in Management and Applied Economics, SCIENPRESS Ltd, vol. 7(2), pages 1-2.
- Steven S. Vickner, 2015. "Estimating the Implicit Price of Convenience: A Hedonic Analysis of the US Breakfast Sausage Market," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 31(2), pages 281-292, April.
- W. Erwin Diewert & Robert C. Feenstra, 2021.
"Estimating the Benefits of New Products,"
NBER Chapters, in: Big Data for Twenty-First Century Economic Statistics,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Diewert, Erwin & Feenstra, Robert, 2018. "Estimating the Benefits of New Products," Microeconomics.ca working papers erwin_diewert-2018-7, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 06 Sep 2018.
- W. Erwin Diewert & Robert C. Feenstra, 2019. "Estimating the Benefits of New Products," NBER Working Papers 25991, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Diewert, W, Erwin & Feenstra, Robert, 2017.
"Estimating the Benefits and Costs of New and Disappearing Products,"
Microeconomics.ca working papers
tina_marandola-2017-12, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 19 Dec 2017.
- Diewert, Erwin & FEENSTRA, Robert, 2018. "Estimating the Benefits and Costs of New and Disappearing Products," Microeconomics.ca working papers erwin_diewert-2018-3, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 23 Apr 2018.
- Erica L. Groshen & Brian C. Moyer & Ana M. Aizcorbe & Ralph Bradley & David M. Friedman, 2017. "How Government Statistics Adjust for Potential Biases from Quality Change and New Goods in an Age of Digital Technologies: A View from the Trenches," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 31(2), pages 187-210, Spring.
- Kalaitzandonakes, Nicholas & Lusk, Jayson & Magnier, Alexandre, 2018. "The price of non-genetically modified (non-GM) food," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 38-50.
- Fluvià, Modest & Rigall-I-Torrent, Ricard & Espinet, Josep Maria & Garriga, Anna & Saló, Albert, 2011. "Precios implícitos de los atributos de los productos turísticos: ¿Qué esconde el efecto de la localización?/Implicit Prices of the Attributes of Tourism Products: What is Hidden Behind Location?," Estudios de Economia Aplicada, Estudios de Economia Aplicada, vol. 29, pages 781-802, Diciembre.
More about this item
- C43 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Index Numbers and Aggregation
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
- O47 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Empirical Studies of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
- R31 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - Housing Supply and Markets
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:ecinqu:v:46:y:2008:i:4:p:593-609. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/weaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Wiley Content Delivery (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/weaaaea.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.