Transactions: A New Look at Services Sector Foreign Direct Investment in Asia
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Kirkegaard, Jacob Funk, 2012. "Transactions: A New Look at Service Sector Foreign Direct Investment in Asia," ADB Economics Working Paper Series 318, Asian Development Bank.
References listed on IDEAS
- Philippa Dee, 2007.
"East Asian Economic Integration and its Impact on Future Growth,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(3), pages 405-423, March.
- Philippa Dee, 2005. "East Asian Economic Integration and its Impact on Future Growth," Asia Pacific Economic Papers 350, Australia-Japan Research Centre, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Philippa Dee, 2005. "East Asian Economic Integration and its Impact on Future Growth," Development Economics Working Papers 21988, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Volker Nocke & Stephen Yeaple, 2008.
"An Assignment Theory of Foreign Direct Investment,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 75(2), pages 529-557.
- Volker Nocke & Stephen Yeaple, 2004. "An Assignment Theory of Foreign Direct Investment," PIER Working Paper Archive 05-003, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania.
- Stephen Yeaple & Volker Nocke, 2005. "An Assignment Theory of Foreign Direct Investment," 2005 Meeting Papers 146, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Volker Nocke & Stephen Yeaple, 2004. "An Assignment Theory of Foreign Direct Investment," NBER Working Papers 11003, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ryo Ochiai & Philippa Dee & Christopher Findlay, 2009. "Services In Free Trade Agreements," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Free Trade Agreements In The Asia Pacific, chapter 2, pages 29-80 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Desai, Mihir A. & Foley, C. Fritz & Hines, James Jr., 2004.
"Foreign direct investment in a world of multiple taxes,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 88(12), pages 2727-2744, December.
- Mihir A. Desai & James R. Hines Jr., 2001. "Foreign Direct Investment in a World of Multiple Taxes," NBER Working Papers 8440, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Theodore H. Moran, 2011. "Foreign Direct Investment and Development: Launching a Second Generation of Policy Research: Avoiding the Mistakes of the First, Reevaluating Policies for Developed and Developing Countries," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 6000.
- Robert C. Feenstra & Robert E. Lipsey & Lee G. Branstetter & C. Fritz Foley & James Harrigan & J. Bradford Jensen & Lori Kletzer & Catherine Mann & Peter K. Schott & Greg C. Wright, 2010. "Report on the State of Available Data for the Study of International Trade and Foreign Direct Investment," NBER Working Papers 16254, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Norbäck, Pehr-Johan & Persson, Lars, 2002. "Cross-Border Acquisitions and Greenfield Entry," Working Paper Series 570, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Peter Daniels & Pengfei Ni, 2014. "Urbanisation and changes in the sectoral structure of economic development: the scale of the manufacturing sector in Chinese cities and the shift towards service industry," Working Papers hal-00943972, HAL.
- Sarah Bauerle Danzman, 2016. "Contracting with Whom? The Differential Effects of Investment Treaties on FDI," International Interactions, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(3), pages 452-478, May.
More about this item
KeywordsServices sector FDI; East Asia; greenfield; M&A; upward-flowing FDI;
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- L8 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services
- N75 - Economic History - - Economic History: Transport, International and Domestic Trade, Energy, and Other Services - - - Asia including Middle East
- O14 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Industrialization; Manufacturing and Service Industries; Choice of Technology
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iie:wpaper:wp12-16. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peterson Institute webmaster). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iieeeus.html .