Determinants of Comparative Advantage in the International Trade of Services: An Empirical Study of the Hecksher-Ohlin Approach
This study demonstrates that the HO model proves useful for assessing the competitive factors in the delivery of services. However, further analysis that draws on the modeling framework of microeconomics and industrial organization is required.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 10 (2010)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://www.degruyter.com|
|Order Information:||Web: https://www.degruyter.com/view/j/gej|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Harkness, Jon & Kyle, John F., 1975. "Factors influencing United States comparative advantage," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 153-165, May.
- Peter B. Kenen, 1965. "Nature, Capital, and Trade," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 73, pages 437-437.
- Clark Don P. & Sawyer W. Charles & Sprinkle Richard L, 2005. "Revealed Comparative Advantage Indexes for Regions of the United States," Global Economy Journal, De Gruyter, vol. 5(1), pages 1-26, March.
- Peter B. Kenen, 1965. "Errors in "Nature, Capital, and Trade"," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 73, pages 658-658.
- Karmakar Suparna, 2007. "Services Trade Liberalisation and Domestic Regulations: The Developing Country Conundrum," Global Economy Journal, De Gruyter, vol. 7(1), pages 1-47, February.
- Markusen, James R., 1984. "Multinationals, multi-plant economies, and the gains from trade," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(3-4), pages 205-226, May.
- Helpman, Elhanan, 1984.
"A Simple Theory of International Trade with Multinational Corporations,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 92(3), pages 451-471, June.
- Helpman, Elhanan, 1984. "A Simple Theory of International Trade with Multinational Corporations," Scholarly Articles 3445092, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- George J. Benston & Gerald A. Hanweck & David B. Humphrey, 1981.
"Scale economies in banking: a restructuring and reassessment,"
Research Papers in Banking and Financial Economics
53, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Benston, George J & Hanweck, Gerald A & Humphrey, David B, 1982. "Scale Economies in Banking: A Restructuring and Reassessment," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 14(4), pages 435-456, November.
- Rashmi Banga, 2005. "Trade and foreign direct investment in services: A review," Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations, New Delhi Working Papers 154, Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations, New Delhi, India.
- Moshirian, Fariborz & Li, Donghui & Sim, Ah-Boon, 2005. "Intra-industry trade in financial services," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(7), pages 1090-1107, November.
- Wyn Morgan & Nicholas Snowden, 2007. "Comparative Advantage and the Gains from Financial Trade: A Reappraisal," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(2), pages 342-362, 02.
- Banga Rashmi, 2005. "Trade in Services: A Review," Global Economy Journal, De Gruyter, vol. 5(2), pages 1-24, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bpj:glecon:v:10:y:2010:i:1:n:3. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Golla)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.