Mothers and Daughters: Heterogeneity of German Direct Investments in the Czech Republic
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Daniel Munich & Martin Srholec & Michael Moritz & Johannes Schaffler, 2012. "Mothers and Daughters: Heterogeneity of German Direct Investments in the Czech Republic," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp467, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
References listed on IDEAS
- Holger Görg & Henning Mühlen & Peter Nunnenkamp, 2010.
"Firm Heterogeneity, Industry Characteristics and Types of FDI: The Case of German FDI in the Czech Republic,"
University of St. Gallen, School of Economics and Political Science, Swiss Institute for International Economics and Applied Economics Research, vol. 65(3), pages 273-295, September.
- Görg, Holger & Mühlen, Henning & Nunnenkamp, Peter, 2009. "Firm heterogeneity, industry characteristics and types of FDI: the case of German FDI in the Czech Republic," Kiel Working Papers 1544, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Mühlen, Henning & Görg, Holger & Nunnenkamp, Peter, 2010. "Firm Heterogeneity, Industry Characteristics and Types of FDI: The Case of German FDI in the Czech Republic," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 37268, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Isabel Faeth, 2009. "Determinants Of Foreign Direct Investment - A Tale Of Nine Theoretical Models," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(1), pages 165-196, February.
- Blomstrom, Magnus & Kokko, Ari, 1998.
" Multinational Corporations and Spillovers,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(3), pages 247-277, July.
- Blomström, Magnus & Kokko, Ari, 1996. "Multinational Corporations and Spillovers," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 99, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Blomström, Magnus & Kokko, Ari, 1996. "Multinational Corporations and Spillovers," CEPR Discussion Papers 1365, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Markusen, James R., 1984. "Multinationals, multi-plant economies, and the gains from trade," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(3-4), pages 205-226, May.
- Claudia M. Buch & Jörn Kleinert & Alexander Lipponer & Farid Toubal, 2005.
"Determinants and effects of foreign direct investment: evidence from German firm-level data,"
CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 20(41), pages 52-110, January.
- Claudia Buch & Jörn Kleinert & Alexander Lipponer & Farid Toubal, 2005. "Determinants and Effects of Foreign Direct Investment: Evidence from German Firm-Level Data," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00311578, HAL.
- Dalia Marin, 2006.
"A New International Division of Labor in Europe: Outsourcing and Offshoring to Eastern Europe,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, vol. 4(2-3), pages 612-622, 04-05.
- Marin, Dalia, 2005. "A New International Division of Labor in Europe: Outsourcing and Offshoring to Eastern Europe," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 80, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Marin, Dalia, 2006. "A New International Division of Labour in Europe: Outsourcing and Offshoring to Eastern Europe," CEPR Discussion Papers 5447, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Marin, Dalia, 2006. "A new international division of labor in Europe: Outsourcing and offshoring to Eastern Europe," Munich Reprints in Economics 19229, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Caves, Richard E, 1971. "International Corporations: The Industrial Economics of Foreign Investment," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 38(149), pages 1-27, February.
- Markusen, James R. & Venables, Anthony J., 1998. "Multinational firms and the new trade theory," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 183-203, December.
- Robert C. Feenstra, 1998.
"Integration of Trade and Disintegration of Production in the Global Economy,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 12(4), pages 31-50, Fall.
- Robert C. Feenstra, "undated". "Integration Of Trade And Disintegration Of Production In The Global Economy," Department of Economics 98-06, California Davis - Department of Economics.
- Robert Feenstra, 2003. "Integration Of Trade And Disintegration Of Production In The Global Economy," Working Papers 986, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- Bruce Kogut & Udo Zander, 1993. "Knowledge of the Firm and the Evolutionary Theory of the Multinational Corporation," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 24(4), pages 625-645, December.
- Paul Krugman, 1995. "Growing World Trade: Causes and Consequences," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 26(1, 25th A), pages 327-377.
- Havranek, Tomas & Irsova, Zuzana, 2011. "Estimating vertical spillovers from FDI: Why results vary and what the true effect is," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 85(2), pages 234-244.
- John Dunning, 1981. "Explaining the international direct investment position of countries: Towards a dynamic or developmental approach," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 117(1), pages 30-64, March.
- A. Gauselmann & M. Knell & J. Stephan, 2011. "What drives FDI in Central-Eastern Europe? Evidence from the IWH-FDI-Micro database," Post-Communist Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(3), pages 343-357.
- John Cantwell & Simona Iammarino, 1998. "MNCs, Technological Innovation and Regional Systems in the EU: Some Evidence in the Italian Case," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(3), pages 383-408.
- N. Lesca, 2011. "Introduction," Post-Print halshs-00640604, HAL.
- Helpman, Elhanan, 1984.
"A Simple Theory of International Trade with Multinational Corporations,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 92(3), pages 451-471, June.
- Helpman, Elhanan, 1984. "A Simple Theory of International Trade with Multinational Corporations," Scholarly Articles 3445092, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Jutta Günther & Andrea Gauselmann & Philipp Marek & Johannes Stephan & Björn Jindra, 2011. "An Introduction to the IWH FDI Micro Database," Schmollers Jahrbuch : Journal of Applied Social Science Studies / Zeitschrift für Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissenschaften, Duncker & Humblot, Berlin, vol. 131(3), pages 529-546.
- Cantwell, John, 1995. "The Globalisation of Technology: What Remains of the Product Cycle Model?," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(1), pages 155-174, February.
- S. Lael Brainard, 1993. "An Empirical Assessment of the Factor Proportions Explanation of Multi-National Sales," NBER Working Papers 4583, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ernst, Dieter & Kim, Linsu, 2002. "Global production networks, knowledge diffusion, and local capability formation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(8-9), pages 1417-1429, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:iab:iabdpa:201806 is not listed on IDEAS
- Falilou Fall & Christine Lewis, 2017. "Fostering Productivity for Income Convergence in the Czech Republic," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 1362, OECD Publishing.
- Schäffler, Johannes & Hecht, Veronika & Moritz, Michael, 2014.
"Regional determinants of German FDI in the Czech Republic : evidence from a gravity model approach,"
IAB Discussion Paper
201403, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany].
- Schäffler, Johannes & Hecht, Veronika & Moritz, Michael, 2015. "Regional Determinants of German FDI in the Czech Republic - Evidence from a gravity model approach," Annual Conference 2015 (Muenster): Economic Development - Theory and Policy 112891, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Schäffler, Johannes, 2016. "German Direct Investments in the Czech Republic – Employment Effects on German Multinational Enterprises," Annual Conference 2016 (Augsburg): Demographic Change 145526, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Hecht, Veronika & Moritz, Michael & Noska, Patricia & Schäffler, Johannes, 2016. "Types of FDI and determinants of affiliate size: the classification makes the difference," IAB Discussion Paper 201625, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany].
More about this item
KeywordsCzech Republic; Germany; multinational enterprise; cluster analysis; foreign affiliate; vertical investment;
- D21 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Theory
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- L16 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Industrial Organization and Macroeconomics; Macroeconomic Industrial Structure
- O23 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Fiscal and Monetary Policy in Development
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:prg:jnlpep:v:2014:y:2014:i:1:id:472:p:42-62. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Frantisek Sokolovsky) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/uevsecz.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.