A Simple Theory of International Trade with Multinational Corporations
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Helpman, Elhanan, 1984. "A Simple Theory of International Trade with Multinational Corporations," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 92(3), pages 451-471, June.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hirsch, Seev, 1976. "An International Trade and Investment Theory of the Firm," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 28(2), pages 258-270, July.
- Dixit, Avinash K & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1977.
"Monopolistic Competition and Optimum Product Diversity,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(3), pages 297-308, June.
- Dixit, Avinash K. & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 1975. "Monopolistic Competition And Optimum Product Diversity," Economic Research Papers 268957, University of Warwick - Department of Economics.
- Dixit, Avinash K & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1975. "Monopolistic Competition and Optimum Product Diversity," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 64, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Williamson, Oliver E, 1981. "The Modern Corporation: Origins, Evolution, Attributes," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 19(4), pages 1537-1568, December.
- Caves, Richard E, 1971. "International Corporations: The Industrial Economics of Foreign Investment," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 38(149), pages 1-27, February.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Edward John Ray, 1991. "Foreign Takeovers And New Investments In The United States," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 9(2), pages 59-71, April.
- Edward John Ray, 1991. "Foreign Takeovers And New Investments In The United States," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 9(1), pages 59-71, January.
- Gilroy, Bernard Michael, 1987. "The role of intra-firm trade," MPRA Paper 18039, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Joseph Francois & Douglas R. Nelson, 2000.
"Victims of Progress: Economic Integration, Specialization, and Wages for Unskilled Labor,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
00-065/2, Tinbergen Institute.
- Francois, Joseph & Nelson, Doug R, 2000. "Victims of Progress: Economic Integration, Specialization and Wages for Unskilled Labour," CEPR Discussion Papers 2527, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hashai, Niron & Almor, Tamar, 2004. "Gradually internationalizing 'born global' firms: an oxymoron?," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 465-483, August.
- Harpreet Dusanjh & A.S. Sidhu, 2009. "Multi-spillover Effects of Multinational Corporations on Host Countries," Global Business Review, International Management Institute, vol. 10(2), pages 243-260, July.
- Jérôme Henry, 1989. "L'investissement direct des Etats-Unis dans les pays occidentaux depuis 1980 : une évaluation économétrique," Revue de l'OFCE, Programme National Persée, vol. 26(1), pages 165-188.
- Bitzenis, Aristidis & Tsitouras, Antonis & Vlachos, Vasileios A., 2009. "Decisive FDI obstacles as an explanatory reason for limited FDI inflows in an EMU member state: The case of Greece," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 691-704, August.
- Russell Smyth & Dic Lo, 2000. "Theories of the Firm and the Relationship between Different Perspectives on the Division of Labour," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(3), pages 333-349.
- J. Peter Neary, 2000. "Monopolistic competition and international trade theory," Working Papers 200025, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- AntrÃ s, Pol & Yeaple, Stephen R., 2014.
"Multinational Firms and the Structure of International Trade,"
Handbook of International Economics, in: Gopinath, G. & Helpman, . & Rogoff, K. (ed.), Handbook of International Economics, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 0, pages 55-130,
- Pol Antràs & Stephen R.Yeaple, 2013. "Multinational Firms and the Structure of International Trade," NBER Working Papers 18775, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Borsos-Torstila, Julianna, . "The Determinants of Foreign Direct Investment Operations of Finnish MNCs in Transition Economies 1990-1995," ETLA A, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy, number 28.
- Oscar Bajo Rubio, 1998. "An Industry Analysis of Foreign Direct Investment in Spanish Manufacturing, 1986-1992," Documentos de Trabajo - Lan Gaiak Departamento de Economía - Universidad Pública de Navarra 9804, Departamento de Economía - Universidad Pública de Navarra.
- Bridgewater, Susan, 1999. "Networks and internationalisation: the case of multinational corporations entering Ukraine," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 99-118, January.
- Sakakibara, Mariko & Serwin, Kenneth, 2000. "U.S. Distribution Entry Strategy of Japanese Manufacturing Firms: The Role of Keiretsu," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 43-72, March.
- Alan Rugman, 1980. "Internalization as a general theory of foreign direct investment: A re-appraisal of the literature," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 116(2), pages 365-379, June.
- Stehn, Jürgen, 1990. "Determinanten internationaler Direktinvestitionen: eine kritische Analyse traditioneller Theorieansätze," Kiel Working Papers 412, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW Kiel).
- Claver-Cortés, Enrique & Marco-Lajara, Bartolome & Manresa-Marhuenda, Encarnación & García-Lillo, F. & Seva-Larrosa, Pedro, 2017. "Location Decisions and Agglomeration Economies: Domestic and Foreign Companies," INVESTIGACIONES REGIONALES - Journal of REGIONAL RESEARCH, Asociación Española de Ciencia Regional, issue 39, pages 99-135.
- Dinkar Nayak & Rahul N. Choudhury, 2014. "A selective review of foreign direct investment theories," ARTNeT Working Papers 143, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP).
- Andrzej Cieślik, 2013. "Horizontally-integrated MNE and plant heterogeneity," Bank i Kredyt, Narodowy Bank Polski, vol. 44(6), pages 605-622.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hrv:faseco:3445092. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/deharus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Office for Scholarly Communication (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/deharus.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.