Uncovering Developing Countries’ Performance in Trade in Services
Services play a broad and strategic role in the economy. Trade in services has been expanding rapidly because technological improvements have reduced the cost of cross-border exchange from infinity to virtually zero, thereby allowing for new export activities. Trade in services, particularly business services, has become an element of export diversification for many developing countries. Besides traditional activities such as tourism, activities such as health and information and communication services are among the most successful services exports. This note focuses on the determinants of trade in services for developing countries.
Volume (Year): (2010)
Issue (Month): 39 (November)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 1818 H Street, N.W., Washington, DC 20433|
Phone: (202) 477-1234
Web page: http://www.worldbank.org/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Andrew K. Rose, 2000. "One money, one market: the effect of common currencies on trade," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 15(30), pages 7-46, 04.
- Joseph F. Francois & Bernard Hoekman, 2009.
"Services Trade and Policy,"
Economics working papers
2009-03, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Hoekman, Bernard & Mattoo, Aaditya, 2008. "Services trade and growth," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4461, The World Bank.
- Robert J. Barro & Jong-Wha Lee, 2010.
"A New Data Set of Educational Attainment in the World, 1950-2010,"
NBER Working Papers
15902, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barro, Robert J. & Lee, Jong Wha, 2013. "A new data set of educational attainment in the world, 1950–2010," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 184-198.
- Olivier Cattaneo & Michael Engman & Sebastián Sáez & Robert M. Stern, 2010. "International Trade in Services : New Trends and Opportunities for Developing Countries," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2476.
- Ejaz Ghani & Homi Kharas, 2010.
"The Service Revolution,"
World Bank Other Operational Studies
10187, The World Bank.
- Nyahoho Emmanuel, 2010. "Determinants of Comparative Advantage in the International Trade of Services: An Empirical Study of the Hecksher-Ohlin Approach," Global Economy Journal, De Gruyter, vol. 10(1), pages 1-24, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:prmecp:ep39. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael Jelenic)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.