Which Government Interventions Are Good in Alleviating Credit Market Failures?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bester, Helmut, 1994.
"The Role of Collateral in a Model of Debt Renegotiation,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 26(1), pages 72-86, February.
- Bester, H., 1990. "The Role Of Collateral In A Model Of Debt Renegotiation," Papers 9060, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- Bester, H., 1990. "The Role of Collateral in a Model of Debt Renegotiation," Discussion Paper 1990-60, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Helmut Bester, 1990. "The Role of Collateral in a Model of Debt Renegotiation," CEPR Financial Markets Paper 0001, European Science Foundation Network in Financial Markets, c/o C.E.P.R, 77 Bastwick Street, London EC1V 3PZ..
- de Meza, David & Webb, David, 1999. "Wealth, Enterprise and Credit Policy," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 109(455), pages 153-163, April.
- Crane, Keith & Kohler, Daniel F., 1985. "Removing export-credit subsidies to the Soviet bloc: Who gets hurt and by how much," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 371-390, December.
- Allen N. Berger & Gregory F. Udell, 2002.
"Small Business Credit Availability and Relationship Lending: The Importance of Bank Organisational Structure,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(477), pages 32-53, February.
- Allen N. Berger & Gregory F. Udell, 2001. "Small business credit availability and relationship lending: the importance of bank organizational structure," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2001-36, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Besanko, David & Thakor, Anjan V, 1987. "Collateral and Rationing: Sorting Equilibria in Monopolistic and Competitive Credit Markets," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 28(3), pages 671-689, October.
- Bester, Helmut, 1987. "The role of collateral in credit markets with imperfect information," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 887-899, June.
- Anca Pruteanu-Podpiera & Franziska Schobert & Laurent Weill, 2008. "Banking competition and cost efficiency: a micro-data analysis on the Czech banking industry," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/14307, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Claire Lelarge & David Sraer & David Thesmar, 2010. "Entrepreneurship and Credit Constraints: Evidence from a French Loan Guarantee Program," NBER Chapters,in: International Differences in Entrepreneurship, pages 243-273 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David de Meza & David C. Webb, 1987. "Too Much Investment: A Problem of Asymmetric Information," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 102(2), pages 281-292.
- Karel Janda, 2000. "Monopolistic credit market in the conditions of imperfect information," Prague Economic Papers, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2000(3).
- Petr JAKUBÍK, 2007. "Macroeconomic Environment and Credit Risk (in English)," Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 57(1-2), pages 60-78, March.
- S. Illeris & G. Akehurst, 2002. "Introduction," The Service Industries Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(1), pages 1-3, January.
- Bester, Helmut, 1985. "Screening vs. Rationing in Credit Markets with Imperfect Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(4), pages 850-855, September.
- Robert Cressy & Otto Toivanen, 2001. "Is there adverse selection in the credit market?," Venture Capital, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(3), pages 215-238, July.
- Robert Cressy, 2002. "Introduction: Funding Gaps," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(477), pages 1-16, February.
- de Meza, David & Webb, David, 2000. "Does credit rationing imply insufficient lending?," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 78(3), pages 215-234, November.
- Hellmann, Thomas & Stiglitz, Joseph, 2000. "Credit and equity rationing in markets with adverse selection," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 281-304, February.
- Wang, Cheng & Williamson, Steve, 1998. "Debt Contracts and Financial Intermediation with Costly Screening," Staff General Research Papers Archive 5086, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Pablo Astorga Junquera, 2017. "Real Wages and Skill Premiums during Economic Development in Latin America," Economics Series Working Papers 153, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Arping, Stefan & Lóránth, Gyöngyi & Morrison, Alan D., 2010.
"Public initiatives to support entrepreneurs: Credit guarantees versus co-funding,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 26-35, April.
- Stefan Arping & Gyöngyi Lóránth & Alan Morrison, 2009. "Public Initiatives to Support Entrepreneurs: Credit Guarantees versus Co-Funding," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 09-019/2, Tinbergen Institute.
- Li, Wenli, 2002. "Entrepreneurship and government subsidies: A general equilibrium analysis," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 26(11), pages 1815-1844, September.
- Chan, Yuk-Shee & Kanatas, George, 1985. "Asymmetric Valuations and the Role of Collateral in Loan Agreements," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 17(1), pages 84-95, February.
- Adam GERŠL & Michal HLAVACEK, 2007. "Foreign Direct Investment, Corporate Finance, and the Life Cycle of Investment," Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 57(9-10), pages 448-464, October.
- Innes, Robert, 1991. "Investment and government intervention in credit markets when there is asymmetric information," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 347-381, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- A. Fedele & A. Mantovani & F. Liucci, 2010.
"Credit availability in the crisis: which role for the European Investment Bank Group?,"
699, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Alessandro Fedele & Andrea Mantovani & Francesco Liucci, 2010. "Credit Availability in the crisis: which role for the European Investment Bank Group?," Working Papers 1005, University of Brescia, Department of Economics.
More about this item
Keywordsinformation asymmetry; credit; guarantees; subsidies;
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- G18 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- H25 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Business Taxes and Subsidies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-07-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-CTA-2008-07-14 (Contract Theory & Applications)
- NEP-PPM-2008-07-14 (Project, Program & Portfolio Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fau:wpaper:wp2008_12. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lenka Herrmannova). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/icunicz.html .