Macroeconomic Environment and Credit Risk (in English)
The importance of credit-risk models has increased with the introduction of the New Basel Capital Accord (Basel II). This paper follows Merton´s approach to structural analysis, toward default-rate modeling. A latent-factor model is introduced within this framework. Estimation of this model can help further our understanding of the relationship between credit risk and macroeconomic indicators. The results have been used for stress testing the Czech banking sector.
Volume (Year): 57 (2007)
Issue (Month): 1-2 (March)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Opletalova 26, CZ-110 00 Prague|
Phone: +420 2 222112330
Fax: +420 2 22112304
Web page: http://ies.fsv.cuni.cz/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Eva Catarineu-Rabell & Patricia Jackson & Dimitrios P.Tsomocos, 2003.
"Procyclicality and the new Basel Accord - Banks' choice of loan rating system,"
OFRC Working Papers Series
2003fe06, Oxford Financial Research Centre.
- Eva Catarineu-Rabell & Patricia Jackson & Dimitrios Tsomocos, 2005. "Procyclicality and the new Basel Accord - banks’ choice of loan rating system," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 26(3), pages 537-557, October.
- Eva Catarineu-Rabell & Patricia Jackson & Dimitrios P. Tsomocos, 2002. "Procyclicality and the New Basel Accord: banks' choice of loan rating system," Conference Series ; [Proceedings], Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Eva Catarineu-Rabell & Patricia Jackson & Dimitrios P Tsomocos, 2003. "Procyclicality and the new Basel Accord - banks' choice of loan rating system," Bank of England working papers 181, Bank of England.
- Dimitrios Tsomocos & Eva Catarineu-Rabell & Patricia Jackson, 2003. "Procyclicality and the new Basel Accord–banks’ choice of loan rating system," FMG Discussion Papers dp464, Financial Markets Group.
- Dimitrios P Tsomocos & Eva Catarineu-Rabell, 2003. "Procyclicality and the new Basel Accord - Banks` choice of loan rating system," Economics Series Working Papers 2003-FE-06, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Eva Catarineu-Rabell & Patricia Jackson & Dimitrios P. Tsomocos, 2003. "Procyclicality and the new Basel Accord–banks’ choice of loan rating system," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24863, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- M. Tudela & G. Young, 2005.
"A Merton-Model Approach To Assessing The Default Risk Of Uk Public Companies,"
International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF),
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 8(06), pages 737-761.
- Tudela, Merxe & Garry Young, 2003. "A Merton Model Approach to Assessing the Default Risk of UK Public Companies," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2003 207, Royal Economic Society.
- Merxe Tudela & Garry Young, 2003. "A Merton-model approach to assessing the default risk of UK public companies," Bank of England working papers 194, Bank of England.
- André Lucas & Siem Jan Koopman, 2005.
"Business and default cycles for credit risk,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(2), pages 311-323.
- Edward I. Altman & Brooks Brady & Andrea Resti & Andrea Sironi, 2005. "The Link between Default and Recovery Rates: Theory, Empirical Evidence, and Implications," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(6), pages 2203-2228, November.
- Linda Allen & Anthony Saunders, 2003. "A survey of cyclical effects in credit risk measurement model," BIS Working Papers 126, Bank for International Settlements.
- Michael B. Gordy, 2002.
"A risk-factor model foundation for ratings-based bank capital rules,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
2002-55, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Gordy, Michael B., 2003. "A risk-factor model foundation for ratings-based bank capital rules," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 199-232, July.
- Petr Jakubík, 2006. "Does Credit Risk Vary with Economic Cycles? The Case of Finland," Working Papers IES 2006/11, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Apr 2006.
- Hamerle, Alfred & Liebig, Thilo & Scheule, Harald, 2004. "Forecasting Credit Portfolio Risk," Discussion Paper Series 2: Banking and Financial Studies 2004,01, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Andrew Benito & Francisco Javier Delgado & Jorge Martínez Pagés, 2004. "A synthetic indicator of financial pressure for spanish firms," Banco de Espa�a Working Papers 0411, Banco de Espa�a.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fau:fauart:v:57:y:2007:i:1-2:p:60-78. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lenka Herrmannova)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.