Credit Rationing and Government Loan Programs: A Welfare Analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gale, William G, 1991. "Economic Effects of Federal Credit Programs," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(1), pages 133-152, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Anginer, Deniz & de la Torre, Augusto & Ize, Alain, 2014. "Risk-bearing by the state: When is it good public policy?," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 10(C), pages 76-86.
- Jeffrey M. Lacker, 1994. "Does adverse selection justify government intervention in loan markets?," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Win, pages 61-95.
- Rajalaxmi Kamath, 2006. "Public inputs and the credit market," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 13(6), pages 733-753, November.
- Marco A. Espinosa-Vega & Bruce D. Smith & Chong K. Yip, 1998. "On government credit programs," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 98-2, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Hoff, Karla & Lyon, Andrew B., 1995.
"Non-leaky buckets: Optimal redistributive taxation and agency costs,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 365-390, November.
- Karla Hoff & Andrew B. Lyon, 1994. "Non-Leaky Buckets: Optimal Redistributive Taxation and Agency Costs," NBER Working Papers 4652, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Longhofer, Stanley D., 1997. "Absolute Priority Rule Violations, Credit Rationing, and Efficiency," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 249-267, July.
- Karel Janda, 2005. "The Quantitative and Qualitative Analysis of the Budget Cost of the Czech Supporting and Guarantee Agricultural and Forestry Fund," Working Papers IES 86, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised 2005.
- William G. Gale, 1990.
"Collateral, Rationing, and Government Intervention in Credit Markets,"
NBER Chapters,in: Asymmetric Information, Corporate Finance, and Investment, pages 43-62
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- William G. Gale, 1989. "Collateral, Rationing, and Government Intervention in Credit Markets," UCLA Economics Working Papers 554, UCLA Department of Economics.
- William G. Gale, 1989. "Collateral, Rationing, and Government Intervention in Credit Markets," NBER Working Papers 3024, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- William G. Gale, 1989. "Collateral, Rationing and Government Intervention in Credit Markets," NBER Working Papers 3083, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- António Antunes & Tiago Cavalcanti & Anne Villamil, 2015.
"The effects of credit subsidies on development,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 58(1), pages 1-30, January.
- Antonio Antunes & Tiago Cavalcanti & Anne Villamil, 2012. "The Effects of Credit Subsidies on Development," Centre for Growth and Business Cycle Research Discussion Paper Series 176, Economics, The Univeristy of Manchester.
- Tuan-Minh Dinh & Edmund Malesky & Trung-Thanh To & Duc-Thanh Nguyen, 2013. "Effect of Interest Rate Subsidies on Firm Performance and Investment Behavior during Economic Recession: Evidence from Vietnam," Asian Economic Journal, East Asian Economic Association, vol. 27(2), pages 185-207, June.
- Parker, Simon C, 2002. "Do Banks Ration Credit to New Enterprises? And Should Governments Intervene? President's Lecture Delivered at the Annual General Meeting of the Scottish Economic Society 4-5 September 2001," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 49(2), pages 162-195, May.
- Uesugi, Iichiro & Sakai, Koji & Yamashiro, Guy M., 2010.
"The Effectiveness of Public Credit Guarantees in the Japanese Loan Market,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 457-480, December.
- Uesugi, Iichiro & Sakai, Koji & Yamashiro, Guy M., 2008. "The Effectiveness of Public Credit Guarantees in the Japanese Loan Market," PIE/CIS Discussion Paper 400, Center for Intergenerational Studies, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Türkmen Göksel & Barchynai Kimsanova, 2016. "Liquidity Constraints, Interest Rates and Optimal Credit Subsidies," Bogazici Journal, Review of Social, Economic and Administrative Studies, Bogazici University, Department of Economics, vol. 30(2), pages 1-9.
- James D. Hamilton, 2013. "Off-Balance-Sheet Federal Liabilities," NBER Working Papers 19253, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ma, Chien-Hui & Smith, Bruce D., 1996. "Credit market imperfections and economic development: Theory and evidence," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 351-387, March.
- Soumaré, Issouf & Lai, Van Son, 2016. "An analysis of government loan guarantees and direct investment through public-private partnerships," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 508-519.
- Iichiro Uesugi & Koji Sakai & Guy M. Yamashiro, 2006. "Effectiveness of Credit Guarantees in the Japanese Loan Market," Discussion papers 06004, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Espinosa-Vega, Marco A. & Smith, Bruce D. & Yip, Chong K., 2002. "Monetary Policy and Government Credit Programs," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 232-268, July.
- Boyd, John H. & Smith, Bruce D., 1997. "Capital Market Imperfections, International Credit Markets, and Nonconvergence," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 73(2), pages 335-364, April.
- Li, Wenli, 2002. "Entrepreneurship and government subsidies: A general equilibrium analysis," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 26(11), pages 1815-1844, September.
- Deborah Lucas, 2016. "Credit Policy as Fiscal Policy," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 47(1 (Spring), pages 1-57.
- Karel Janda, 2011. "Credit Guarantees and Subsidies when Lender has a Market Power," Working Papers IES 2011/18, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Jun 2011.
- Athreya, Kartik B. & Tam, Xuan S. & Young, Eric R., 2014. "Loan Guarantees for Consumer Credit Markets," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue 4Q, pages 297-352.
- Pablo Astorga Junquera, 2017. "Real Wages and Skill Premiums during Economic Development in Latin America," Economics Series Working Papers 153, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Stanley D. Longhofer, 1997. "Absolute priority rule violations, credit rationing, and efficiency," Working Paper 9710, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:reesec:v:17:y:1989:i:2:p:177-193. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/areueea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.