Banking competition and cost efficiency: a micro-data analysis on the Czech banking industry
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andrieş, Alin Marius & Căpraru, Bogdan, 2014. "The nexus between competition and efficiency: The European banking industries experience," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 566-579.
- Ion Lapteacru, 2016.
"Convergence of bank competition in Central and Eastern European countries: Does ownership matter?,"
Larefi Working Papers
1606, Larefi, Université Bordeaux 4.
- Ion Lapteacru, 2016. "Convergence of bank competition in Central and Eastern European countries: Does ownership matter?," Working Papers hal-01301853, HAL.
- Roman Horváth & Jakub Seidler & Laurent Weill, 2014.
"Bank Capital and Liquidity Creation: Granger-Causality Evidence,"
Journal of Financial Services Research,
Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 45(3), pages 341-361, June.
- Horváth, Roman & Seidler, Jakub & Weill, Laurent, 2012. "Bank capital and liquidity creation: Granger-causality evidence," Working Paper Series 1497, European Central Bank.
- Roman Horvath & Jakub Seidler & Laurent Weill, 2012. "Banks' Capital and Liquidity Creation: Granger Causality Evidence," Working Papers 2012/05, Czech National Bank, Research Department.
- Roman Horváth & Jakub Seidler & Laurent Weill, 2012. "Bank Capital and Liquidity Creation : Granger Causality Evidence," Working Papers 318, Leibniz Institut für Ost- und Südosteuropaforschung (Institute for East and Southeast European Studies).
- Horvath, Roman & Seidler, Jakub & Weill, Laurent, 2016. "How bank competition influences liquidity creation," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 52(PA), pages 155-161.
- Lapteacru, Ion, 2017. "Market power and risk of Central and Eastern European banks: Does more powerful mean safer?," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 46-59.
- Alin Marius Andrieş & Bogdan Căpraru, 2012. "Competition and efficiency in EU27 banking systems," Baltic Journal of Economics, Baltic International Centre for Economic Policy Studies, vol. 12(1), pages 41-60, July.
- Simplice Asongu & Nicholas Biekpe, 2017.
"ICT, Information Asymmetry and Market Power in the African Banking Industry,"
17/022, African Governance and Development Institute..
- Asongu, Simplice & Biekpe, Nicholas, 2017. "ICT, Information Asymmetry and Market Power in the African Banking Industry," MPRA Paper 81702, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Khurshid Djalilov & Jens Hölscher, 2016. "Comparative Analyses Of The Banking Environment In Transition Countries," Economic Annals, Faculty of Economics, University of Belgrade, vol. 61(208), pages 7-26, January -.
- Fang, Yiwei & Hasan, Iftekhar & Marton, Katherin, 2011. "Bank efficiency in transition economies : recent evidence from South-Eastern Europe," Research Discussion Papers 5/2011, Bank of Finland.
- Robert Alexander & Hien Thu Phan & Sajid Anwar, 2016. "Cost Efficiency of the Hong Kong Banking Sector: A Two-Stage DEA Window Analysis," EcoMod2016 9846, EcoMod.
- Thi My Phan, Hanh & Daly, Kevin & Akhter, Selim, 2016. "Bank efficiency in emerging Asian countries," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 517-530.
- Jaromir Baxa & Jiri Bohm & Roman Horvath & Lubos Komarek & Petr Kral & Magdalena Morgese Borys & Filip Rozsypal & Branislav Saxa & Borek Vasicek, 2011. "Monetary Policy Analysis in a Central Bank," Occasional Publications - Edited Volumes, Czech National Bank, Research Department, edition 1, volume 9, number rb09/1 edited by Jan Babecky & Roman Horvath.
- Yang, Jun & Shao, Hanhua, 2016. "Impact of bank competition on the bank lending channel of monetary transmission: Evidence from China," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 468-481.
- Stavarek, Daniel & Repkova, Iveta, 2011. "Estimation of the competitive conditions in the Czech banking sector," MPRA Paper 30720, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fungáčová, Zuzana & Pessarossi, Pierre & Weill, Laurent, 2013.
"Is bank competition detrimental to efficiency? Evidence from China,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 121-134.
- Fungáčová, Zuzana & Pessarossi, Pierre & Weill, Laurent, 2012. "Is bank competition detrimental to efficiency? : Evidence from China," BOFIT Discussion Papers 31/2012, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Jitka Lešanovská & Laurent Weill, 2016. "Does Greater Capital Hamper the Cost Efficiency of Banks? A Bi-causal Analysis," Comparative Economic Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 58(3), pages 409-429, September.
- Ongena, Steven & Tümer-Alkan, Günseli & Vermeer, Bram, 2011. "Corporate choice of banks: Decision factors, decision maker, and decision process -- First evidence," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 326-351, April.
- Simplice Asongu & Enowbi Batuo & Jacinta Nwachukwu & Vanessa Tchamyou, 2016.
"Is information diffusion a threat to market power for financial access? Insights from the African banking industry,"
16/039, African Governance and Development Institute..
- Asongu, Simplice & Batuo, Enowbi & Nwachukwu, Jacinta & Tchamyou, Vanessa, 2016. "Is information diffusion a threat to market power for financial access? Insights from the African banking industry," MPRA Paper 76124, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Alena Bicakova & Kamil Dybczak & Ales Krejdl & Jiri Slacalek & Michal Slavik, 2007. "CNB Economic Research Bulletin: Fiscal Policy and its Sustainability," Occasional Publications - Edited Volumes, Czech National Bank, Research Department, edition 2, volume 5, number rb05/2 edited by Ian Babetskii & Vladimir Bezdek.
- Lapteacru, Ion, 2014. "Do more competitive banks have less market power? The evidence from Central and Eastern Europe," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 41-60.
- Shiyi Chen & Wolfgang K. HÃ¤rdle & Li Wang, 2014. "Estimation and Determinants of Chinese Banksâ€™ Total Factor Efficiency: A New Vision Based on Unbalanced Development of Chinese Banks and Their Overall Risk," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2014-068, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Rossazana Ab Rahim, 2016. "Does Competition Foster Efficiency? Empirical Evidence from Malaysian Commercial Banks," Asian Academy of Management Journal of Accounting and Finance (AAMJAF), Penerbit Universiti Sains Malaysia, vol. 12(1), pages 1-23.
- Memić Deni, 2015. "Banking Competition and Efficiency: Empirical Analysis on the Bosnia and Herzegovina Using Panzar-Rosse Model," Business Systems Research, De Gruyter Open, vol. 6(1), pages 72-92, March.
- Karel Janda, 2008. "Which Government Interventions Are Good in Alleviating Credit Market Failures?," Working Papers IES 2008/12, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Jul 2008.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ulb:ulbeco:2013/14307. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Benoit Pauwels). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ecsulbe.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .