Effects of US Monetary Policy Shocks During Financial Crises - A Threshold Vector Autoregression Approach
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Farmer, Roger E A, 1984. "A New Theory of Aggregate Supply," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(5), pages 920-930, December.
- Mark Gertler & Simon Gilchrist, 1994.
"Monetary Policy, Business Cycles, and the Behavior of Small Manufacturing Firms,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 109(2), pages 309-340.
- Mark Gertler & Simon Gilchrist, 1991. "Monetary Policy, Business Cycles and the Behavior of Small Manufacturing Firms," NBER Working Papers 3892, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mark Gertler & Simon Gilchrist, 1993. "Monetary policy, business cycles and the behavior of small manufacturing firms," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 93-4, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Gertler, M. & Gilchrist, S., 1992. "Monetary Policy, Business Cycles and the Behavior of Small Manufacturing Firms," Working Papers 92-08, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Gertler, M. & Gilchrist, S., 1993. "Monetary Policy, Business Cycles and the Behavior of Small Manufacturing Firms," Working Papers 93-02, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Azariadis, Costas & Smith, Bruce, 1998. "Financial Intermediation and Regime Switching in Business Cycles," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(3), pages 516-536, June.
- Sylvia Kaufmann, 2002.
"Is there an asymmetric effect of monetary policy over time? A Bayesian analysis using Austrian data,"
Springer, vol. 27(2), pages 277-297.
- Sylvia Kaufmann, 2001. "Is there an asymmetric effect on monetary policy over time? A bayesian analysis using Austrian data," Working Papers 45, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank).
- McCallum, John, 1991. "Credit Rationing and the Monetary Transmission Mechanism," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(4), pages 946-951, September.
- Bernanke, Ben & Gertler, Mark, 1989. "Agency Costs, Net Worth, and Business Fluctuations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(1), pages 14-31, March.
- Hansen, Bruce E, 1996.
"Inference When a Nuisance Parameter Is Not Identified under the Null Hypothesis,"
Econometric Society, vol. 64(2), pages 413-430, March.
- Hansen, B.E., 1991. "Inference when a Nuisance Parameter is Not Identified Under the Null Hypothesis," RCER Working Papers 296, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Koop, Gary & Pesaran, M. Hashem & Potter, Simon M., 1996. "Impulse response analysis in nonlinear multivariate models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 119-147, September.
- Paul R. Krugman, 1998. "It's Baaack: Japan's Slump and the Return of the Liquidity Trap," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 29(2), pages 137-206.
- Weise, Charles L, 1999. "The Asymmetric Effects of Monetary Policy: A Nonlinear Vector Autoregression Approach," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 31(1), pages 85-108, February.
- Peersman, Gert & Smets, Frank, 2001. "Are the effects of monetary policy in the euro area greater in recessions than in booms?," Working Paper Series 0052, European Central Bank.
- Nathan S. Balke, 2000. "Credit and Economic Activity: Credit Regimes and Nonlinear Propagation of Shocks," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 82(2), pages 344-349, May.
- Ravn, Søren Hove, 2014. "Asymmetric monetary policy towards the stock market: A DSGE approach," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 39(PA), pages 24-41.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tommaso Ferraresi & Andrea Roventini & Willi Semmler, 2016.
"Macroeconomic regimes, technological shocks and employment dynamics,"
Documents de Travail de l'OFCE
2016-19, Observatoire Francais des Conjonctures Economiques (OFCE).
- Tommaso Ferraresi & Andrea Roventini & Willi Semmler, 2016. "Macroeconomic Regimes, Technological Shocks and Employment Dynamics," Sciences Po publications 2016-19, Sciences Po.
- Tommaso Ferraresi & Andrea Roventini & Willi Semmler, 2016. "Macroeconomic Regimes, Technological Shocks and Employment Dynamics," LEM Papers Series 2016/23, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Nalban, 2016. "Sentiment-Driven Asymmetries in Romanian Monetary Policy Transmission," Eastern European Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 54(3), pages 251-270, May.
- Jannsen, Nils & Potjagailo, Galina & Wolters, Maik H., 2015.
"Monetary policy during financial crises: Is the transmission mechanism impaired?,"
Kiel Working Papers
2005, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Jannsen, Nils & Potjagailo, Galina & Wolters, Maik H., 2015. "Monetary policy during financial crises: Is the transmission mechanism impaired?," Economics Working Papers 2015-04, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
- Jannsen, Nils & Potjagailo, Galina & Wolters, Maik, 2015. "Monetary Policy during Financial Crises: Is the Transmission Mechanism Impaired?," Annual Conference 2015 (Muenster): Economic Development - Theory and Policy 113096, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Pu Chen & Willi Semmler, 2017. "Financial Stress, Regime Switching and Spillover Effects: Evidence from a Multi-Regime Global VAR Model," Working Papers 1708, New School for Social Research, Department of Economics.
- repec:eee:finana:v:51:y:2017:i:c:p:69-81 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:mes:eaeuec:v:54:y:2016:i:3:p:251-270 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ahmad Yamin & Donayre Luiggi, 2016. "Outliers and persistence in threshold autoregressive processes," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 20(1), pages 37-56, February.
More about this item
KeywordsMonetary policy; uncertainty; threshold vector autoregression models;
- F44 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - International Business Cycles
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-10-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2013-10-02 (Central Banking)
- NEP-MAC-2013-10-02 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2013-10-02 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:een:camaaa:2013-64. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Cama Admin). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/asanuau.html .