The Value of Technology Improvements in Games with Externalities: A Fresh Look at Offsetting Behavior
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Hoy, Michael & Polborn, Mattias K., 2015. "The value of technology improvements in games with externalities: A fresh look at offsetting behavior," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 131(C), pages 12-20.
References listed on IDEAS
- Pål Andreas Pedersen, 2003. "Moral Hazard in Traffic Games," Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, University of Bath, vol. 37(1), pages 47-68, January.
- Boyer, Marcel & Dionne, Georges, 1987. "The economics of road safety," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 413-431, October.
- Fletcher, Jason M. & Frisvold, David E. & Tefft, Nathan, 2010.
"The effects of soft drink taxes on child and adolescent consumption and weight outcomes,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 94(11-12), pages 967-974, December.
- Jason Fletcher & David Frisvold & Nathan Tefft, 2009. "The Effects of Soft Drink Taxes on Child and Adolescent Consumption and Weight Outcomes," Emory Economics 0908, Department of Economics, Emory University (Atlanta).
- Risa, Alf Erling, 1992. "Public Regulation of Private Accident Risk: The Moral Hazard of Technological Improvements," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 4(4), pages 335-346, December.
- John C. Hause, 2006. "Offsetting Behavior and the Benefits of Safety Regulations," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 44(4), pages 689-698, October.
- Philipson, Tomas, 2000. "Economic epidemiology and infectious diseases," Handbook of Health Economics,in: A. J. Culyer & J. P. Newhouse (ed.), Handbook of Health Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 33, pages 1761-1799 Elsevier.
- Bengt Holmstrom, 1982. "Moral Hazard in Teams," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 13(2), pages 324-340, Autumn.
- David W. Harless & George E. Hoffer, 2003. "Testing for Offsetting Behavior and Adverse Recruitment Among Drivers of Airbag-Equipped Vehicles," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 70(4), pages 629-650.
- Russell Cooper & Thomas W. Ross, 1985. "Product Warranties and Double Moral Hazard," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 16(1), pages 103-113, Spring.
- Clifford Winston & Vikram Maheshri & Fred Mannering, 2006. "An exploration of the offset hypothesis using disaggregate data: The case of airbags and antilock brakes," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 32(2), pages 83-99, March.
- Arnott, Richard & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 1986.
"Moral hazard and optimal commodity taxation,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 1-24, February.
- Richard Arnott & Joseph Stiglitz, 1982. "Moral Hazard and Optimal Commodity Taxation," Working Papers 500, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Richard J. Arnott & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1983. "Moral Hazard and Optimal Commodity Taxation," NBER Working Papers 1154, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kunreuther, Howard & Heal, Geoffrey, 2003. "Interdependent Security," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 26(2-3), pages 231-249, March-May.
- Geoffard, Pierre-Yves & Philipson, Tomas, 1996. "Rational Epidemics and Their Public Control," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 37(3), pages 603-624, August.
- Peltzman, Sam, 1975. "The Effects of Automobile Safety Regulation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 83(4), pages 677-725, August.
- Alexander Muermann & Howard Kunreuther, 2008. "Self-protection and insurance with interdependencies," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 36(2), pages 103-123, April.
- Olivier Gossner & Pierre Picard, 2005.
"On the Consequences of Behavioral Adaptations in the Cost-Benefit Analysis of Road Safety Measures,"
Journal of Risk & Insurance,
The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 72(4), pages 577-599.
- O. Gossner & P. Picard, 2000. "On the consequences of behavioural adaptations in the cost-benefits analysis of road safety measures," THEMA Working Papers 2000-30, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Olivier Gossner & Pierre Picard, 2005. "On the consequences of behavioural adaptations in the cost-benefits analysis of road safety measures," Post-Print halshs-00754048, HAL.
- Ian Ayres & Steven D. Levitt, 1998.
"Measuring Positive Externalities from Unobservable Victim Precaution: An Empirical Analysis of Lojack,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 113(1), pages 43-77.
- Ian Ayres & Steven D. Levitt, 1997. "Measuring Positive Externalities from Unobservable Victim Precaution: An Empirical Analysis of Lojack," NBER Working Papers 5928, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- BRYAN C. McCANNON, 2011. "Strategic Offsetting Behavior: Evidence From National Collegiate Athletic Association Men'S Basketball," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 29(4), pages 550-563, October.
- Shavell, Steven, 1991. "Individual precautions to prevent theft: Private versus socially optimal behavior," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 123-132, September.
- Neill, Jon R, 1993. "A Theoretic Reappraisal of the Offsetting Behavior Hypothesis," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 5(4), pages 435-440, December.
- Potter Joel M, 2011. "Estimating the Offsetting Effects of Driver Behavior in Response to Safety Regulation: The Case of Formula One Racing," Journal of Quantitative Analysis in Sports, De Gruyter, vol. 7(3), pages 1-22, July.
- Paul Lanoie, 1992. "The Impact of Occupational Safety and Health Regulation on the Risk of Workplace Accidents: Quebec, 1983-87," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 27(4), pages 643-660.
- Fortin, Bernard & Lanoie, Paul, 1992. "Substitution between unemployment insurance and workers' compensation : An analysis applied to the risk of workplace accidents," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 287-312, December.
- Risa, Alf Erling, 1995. "The Welfare State as Provider of Accident Insurance in the Workplace: Efficiency and Distribution in Equilibrium," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 105(428), pages 129-144, January.
More about this item
- C70 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - General
- D60 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - General
- D70 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - General
- D80 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ces:ceswps:_4798. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Klaus Wohlrabe). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cesifde.html .