Macroeconomic Uncertainty Through the Lens of Professional Forecasters
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Jo, Soojin & Sekkel, Rodrigo, 2017. "Macroeconomic Uncertainty Through the Lens of Professional Forecasters," Working Papers 1702, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
References listed on IDEAS
- Pierre Collin-Dufresne & Robert S. Goldstein, 2002. "Do Bonds Span the Fixed Income Markets? Theory and Evidence for Unspanned Stochastic Volatility," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 57(4), pages 1685-1730, August.
- Ang, Andrew & Bekaert, Geert & Wei, Min, 2007.
"Do macro variables, asset markets, or surveys forecast inflation better?,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 54(4), pages 1163-1212, May.
- Andrew Ang & Geert Bekaert & Min Wei, 2005. "Do Macro Variables, Asset Markets or Surveys Forecast Inflation Better?," NBER Working Papers 11538, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrew Ang & Geert Bekaert & Min Wei, 2006. "Do macro variables, asset markets, or surveys forecast inflation better?," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2006-15, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Lahiri, Kajal & Monokroussos, George & Zhao, Yongchen, 2013.
"The yield spread puzzle and the information content of SPF forecasts,"
Elsevier, vol. 118(1), pages 219-221.
- Kajal Lahiri & George Monokroussos & Yongchen Zhao, 2012. "The Yield Spread Puzzle and the Information Content of SPF Forecasts," CESifo Working Paper Series 3949, CESifo Group Munich.
- Kajal Lahiri & George Monokroussos & Yongchen Zhao, 2012. "The yield spread puzzle and the information content of SPF forecasts," Discussion Papers 12-04, University at Albany, SUNY, Department of Economics.
- repec:eee:dyncon:v:79:y:2017:i:c:p:66-78 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mumtaz, Haroon & Theodoridis, Konstantinos, 2017. "Common and country specific economic uncertainty," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 205-216.
- Croushore Dean, 2010.
"An Evaluation of Inflation Forecasts from Surveys Using Real-Time Data,"
The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics,
De Gruyter, vol. 10(1), pages 1-32, May.
- Dean Croushore, 2006. "An evaluation of inflation forecasts from surveys using real-time data," Working Papers 06-19, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Arai, Natsuki, 2014. "Using forecast evaluation to improve the accuracy of the Greenbook forecast," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 12-19.
- Chib, Siddhartha & Nardari, Federico & Shephard, Neil, 2006. "Analysis of high dimensional multivariate stochastic volatility models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 134(2), pages 341-371, October.
- Knut Are Aastveit & Gisle James Natvik & Sergio Sola, 2013. "Economic uncertainty and the effectiveness of monetary policy," Working Paper 2013/17, Norges Bank.
- Soojin Jo, 2014. "The Effects of Oil Price Uncertainty on Global Real Economic Activity," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 46(6), pages 1113-1135, September.
- Amir-Ahmadi, Pooyan & Matthes, Christian & Wang, Mu-Chun, 2017.
"Measurement errors and monetary policy: Then and now,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 66-78.
- Amir-Ahmadi, Pooyan & Matthes, Christian & Wang, Mu-Chun, 2015. "Measurement Errors and Monetary Policy: Then and Now," Working Paper 15-13, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond.
- Giovanni Caggiano & Efrem Castelnuovo & Nicolas Groshenny, 2013. "Uncertainty Shocks and Unemployment Dynamics: An Analysis of Post-WWII U.S. Recessions," "Marco Fanno" Working Papers 0166, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche "Marco Fanno".
- Heston, Steven L, 1993. "A Closed-Form Solution for Options with Stochastic Volatility with Applications to Bond and Currency Options," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 6(2), pages 327-343.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Laurent Ferrara & Pierre Guérin, 2015.
"What Are The Macroeconomic Effects of High-Frequency Uncertainty Shocks?,"
EconomiX Working Papers
2015-12, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
- Laurent Ferrara & Pierre Guérin, 2016. "What Are the Macroeconomic Effects of High-Frequency Uncertainty Shocks," Staff Working Papers 16-25, Bank of Canada.
- Ambrocio, Gene, 2017. "The real effects of overconfidence and fundamental uncertainty shocks," Research Discussion Papers 37, Bank of Finland.
- Crump, Richard K. & Eusepi, Stefano & Moench, Emanuel, 2016. "The term structure of expectations and bond yields," Staff Reports 775, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, revised 01 Apr 2018.
- Ambrocio, Gene, 2017. "The real effects of overconfidence and fundamental uncertainty shocks," Research Discussion Papers 37/2017, Bank of Finland.
- MORIKAWA Masayuki, 2018. "Measuring Firm-level Uncertainty: New evidence from a business outlook survey," Discussion papers 18030, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
More about this item
KeywordsBusiness fluctuations and cycles; Econometric and statistical methods;
- C38 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Classification Methdos; Cluster Analysis; Principal Components; Factor Analysis
- E17 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - Forecasting and Simulation: Models and Applications
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-03-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-FOR-2016-03-10 (Forecasting)
- NEP-MAC-2016-03-10 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-ORE-2016-03-10 (Operations Research)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bca:bocawp:16-5. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://www.bank-banque-canada.ca/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.