Macroeconomic Uncertainty Indices Based on Nowcast and Forecast Error Distributions
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Barbara Rossi & Tatevik Sekhposyan, 2015. "Macroeconomic uncertainty indices based on nowcast and forecast error distributions," Economics Working Papers 1477, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gill Segal & Ivan Shaliastovich & Amir Yaron, 2014. "Good and Bad Uncertainty: Macroeconomic and Financial Market Implications," 2014 Meeting Papers 488, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Nicholas Bloom, 2009. "The Impact of Uncertainty Shocks," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 77(3), pages 623-685, May.
- Rossi, Barbara & Sekhposyan, Tatevik, 2014.
"Evaluating predictive densities of US output growth and inflation in a large macroeconomic data set,"
International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 662-682.
- Barbara Rossi & Tatevik Sekhposyan, 2013. "Evaluating predictive densities of U.S. output growth and inflation in a large macroeconomic data set," Economics Working Papers 1370, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Barbara Rossi & Tatevik Sehkposyan, 2013. "Evaluating Predictive Densities of US Output Growth and Inflation in a Large Macroeconomic Data Set," Working Papers 689, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Magnus Reif, 2020. "Macroeconomics, Nonlinearities, and the Business Cycle," ifo Beiträge zur Wirtschaftsforschung, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, number 87, May.
- Reif Magnus, 2021.
"Macroeconomic uncertainty and forecasting macroeconomic aggregates,"
Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 25(2), pages 1-20, April.
- Magnus Reif, 2018. "Macroeconomic Uncertainty and Forecasting Macroeconomic Aggregates," ifo Working Paper Series 265, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Mawuli Segnon & Rangan Gupta & Stelios Bekiros & Mark E. Wohar, 2018.
"Forecasting US GNP growth: The role of uncertainty,"
Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 37(5), pages 541-559, August.
- Mawuli Segnon & Rangan Gupta & Stelios Bekiros & Mark E. Wohar, 2016. "Forecasting US GNP Growth: The Role of Uncertainty," Working Papers 201667, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Peter Claeys, 2017. "Uncertainty spillover and policy reactions," Revista ESPE - Ensayos sobre Política Económica, Banco de la Republica de Colombia, vol. 35(82), pages 64-77, April.
- repec:bdr:ensayo:v:35:y:2017:i:82:p:31-45 is not listed on IDEAS
- Croce, M.M. & Nguyen, Thien T. & Raymond, S. & Schmid, L., 2019. "Government debt and the returns to innovation," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 132(3), pages 205-225.
- Nikolay Hristov & Markus Roth, 2019.
"Uncertainty Shocks and Financial Crisis Indicators,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
- Hristov, Nikolay & Roth, Markus, 2019. "Uncertainty shocks and financial crisis indicators," Discussion Papers 36/2019, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Hsieh, Chia-Chun & Ma, Zhiming & Novoselov, Kirill E., 2019. "Accounting conservatism, business strategy, and ambiguity," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 41-55.
- Libo Yin & Liyan Han, 2014. "Spillovers of macroeconomic uncertainty among major economies," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(13), pages 938-944, September.
- Bonciani, Dario, 2015. "Estimating the effects of uncertainty over the business cycle," MPRA Paper 65921, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Qi Nan Zhai, 2015. "Asset Pricing Under Ambiguity and Heterogeneity," PhD Thesis, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney, number 16, July-Dece.
- Murray, James, 2014. "Fiscal Policy Uncertainty and Its Macroeconomic Consequences," MPRA Paper 57409, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Paul Wohlfarth, 2018. "Measuring the Impact of Monetary Policy Attention on Global Asset Volatility Using Search Data," Birkbeck Working Papers in Economics and Finance 1803, Birkbeck, Department of Economics, Mathematics & Statistics.
- Carlos Medel, 2017.
"Forecasting Chilean inflation with the hybrid new keynesian Phillips curve: globalisation, combination, and accuracy,"
Journal Economía Chilena (The Chilean Economy), Central Bank of Chile, vol. 20(3), pages 004-050, December.
- Carlos Medel, 2016. "Forecasting Chilean Inflation with the Hybrid New Keynesian Phillips Curve: Globalisation, Combination, and Accuracy," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 791, Central Bank of Chile.
- Medel, Carlos A., 2017. "Forecasting Chilean Inflation with the Hybrid New Keynesian Phillips Curve: Globalisation, Combination, and Accuracy," MPRA Paper 78439, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tallman, Ellis W. & Zaman, Saeed, 2020.
"Combining survey long-run forecasts and nowcasts with BVAR forecasts using relative entropy,"
International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 373-398.
- Ellis W. Tallman & Saeed Zaman, 2018. "Combining Survey Long-Run Forecasts and Nowcasts with BVAR Forecasts Using Relative Entropy," Working Papers (Old Series) 1809, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Salzmann, Leonard, 2020. "The Impact of Uncertainty and Financial Shocks in Recessions and Booms," VfS Annual Conference 2020 (Virtual Conference): Gender Economics 224588, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Jinzhu Chen & Prakash Kannan & Prakash Loungani & Bharat Trehan, 2012.
"New evidence on cyclical and structural sources of unemployment,"
Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue March, pages 1-23.
- Zinzhu Chen & Prakash Kannan & Prakash Loungani & Bharat Trehan, 2011. "New evidence on cyclical and structural sources of unemployment," Working Paper Series 2011-17, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Mr. Prakash Loungani & Mr. Prakash Kannan & Mr. Jinzhu Chen & Mr. Bharat Trehan, 2011. "New Evidenceon Cyclical and Structural Sources of Unemployment," IMF Working Papers 2011/106, International Monetary Fund.
- Binge, Laurie H. & Boshoff, Willem H., 2020. "Economic uncertainty in South Africa," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 113-131.
- Yang Liu & Mariano Croce & Ivan Shaliastovich & Ric Colacito, 2016.
"Volatility Risk Pass-Through,"
2016 Meeting Papers
135, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Colacito, Riccardo & Croce, Mariano Massimiliano & Liu, Yang & Shaliastovich, Ivan, 2018. "Volatility Risk Pass-Through," CEPR Discussion Papers 13325, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Riccardo Colacito & Mariano Max Croce & Yang Liu & Ivan Shaliastovich, 2018. "Volatility Risk Pass-through," NBER Working Papers 25276, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cem IÅŸÄ±k & Ercan Sirakaya-Turk & Serdar Ongan, 2020. "Testing the efficacy of the economic policy uncertainty index on tourism demand in USMCA: Theory and evidence," Tourism Economics, , vol. 26(8), pages 1344-1357, December.
- Chan, Yue-Cheong & Saffar, Walid & Wei, K.C. John, 2021. "How economic policy uncertainty affects the cost of raising equity capital: Evidence from seasoned equity offerings," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 53(C).
More about this item
- C43 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Index Numbers and Aggregation
- C53 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Forecasting and Prediction Models; Simulation Methods
- E23 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Production
- E27 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Forecasting and Simulation: Models and Applications
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:aecrev:v:105:y:2015:i:5:p:650-55. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Michael P. Albert (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.