Asymmetry In Raw Milk Safety Perceptions And Information: Implications For Risk In Fresh Produce Marketing And Policy
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bearden, William O & Etzel, Michael J, 1982. " Reference Group Influence on Product and Brand Purchase Decisions," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(2), pages 183-194, September.
- Herbert A. Simon & Massimo Egidi & Ricardo Viale & Robin Marris, 1992. "Economics, Bounded Rationality and the Cognitive Revolution," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 409.
- Harris, H. M. & Knutson, R. D. & French, C. E., 1973. "An Economic Analysis of Policies Protecting Small Business in the Milk Industry," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 5(02), pages 23-30, December.
- Palma, Marco A. & Ribera, Luis A. & Bessler, David A. & Paggi, Mechel S. & Knutson, Ronald D., 2009. "Potential Impacts of Food Borne Ill Incidence on Market Movements and Prices of Fresh Produce in the US," 2009 Annual Meeting, January 31-February 3, 2009, Atlanta, Georgia 46745, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Just, David R. & Mancino, Lisa & Wansink, Brian, 2007. "Could Behavioral Economics Help Improve Diet Quality for Nutrition Assistance Program Participants?," Economic Research Report 6391, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Greene, Catherine R. & Dimitri, Carolyn & Lin, Biing-Hwan & McBride, William D. & Oberholtzer, Lydia & Smith, Travis A., 2009. "Emerging Issues in the U.S. Organic Industry," Economic Information Bulletin 58617, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Paggi, Mechel S., 2008. "An Assessment of Food Safety Policies and Programs for Fruits and Vegetables: Food-borne Illness Prevention and Food Security," 2008 NAAMIC Workshop V: New Generation of NAFTA Standards 163906, North American Agrifood Market Integration Consortium (NAAMIC).
- Chang, Hung-Hao & Just, David R., 2007.
"Health Information Availability and the Consumption of Eggs: Are Consumers Bayesians?,"
Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 32(01), April.
- Chang, Hung-Hao & Just, David R., 2004. "Health Information Availability and the Consumption of Eggs: Are Consumers Bayesians?," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 19948, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Palma, Marco A. & Ribera, Luis A. & Paggi, Mechel S. & Knutson, Ronald D., 2010. "Food Safety Standards for the U. S. Fresh Produce Industry," Policy Issues 93684, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Timothy E. Josling & Donna Roberts & David Orden, 2004. "Food Regulation and Trade: Toward a Safe and Open Global System," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 347.
- Knutson, Ronald D. & Taylor, C. Robert & Penson, John B., Jr. & Smith, Edward G., 1990. "Economic Impacts Of Reduced Chemical Use," Choices, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 5(4).
- Frank, Robert H. & Hutchens, Robert M., 1993. "Wages, seniority, and the demand for rising consumption profiles," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 251-276, August.
- Onozaka, Yuko & Nurse, Gretchen & Thilmany, Dawn D., 2010. "Local Food Consumers: How Motivations and Perceptions Translate to Buying Behavior," Choices, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 25(1).
More about this item
Keywordsraw milk; pasteurization; health risks; behavioral economics; bounded rationality; paternalistic regulations; public health; HACCP; GLOBALG.A.P.; Agricultural and Food Policy; Consumer/Household Economics; Demand and Price Analysis; Food Consumption/Nutrition/Food Safety; Food Security and Poverty; Health Economics and Policy; A12; A13; A14; D11; D18; D46; D71; D78; D82; I18; K23; K32; Q11; Q18;
- A12 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Relation of Economics to Other Disciplines
- A13 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Relation of Economics to Social Values
- A14 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Sociology of Economics
- D11 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Theory
- D18 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Protection
- D46 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Value Theory
- D71 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Social Choice; Clubs; Committees; Associations
- D78 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Positive Analysis of Policy Formulation and Implementation
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
- K23 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law - - - Regulated Industries and Administrative Law
- K32 - Law and Economics - - Other Substantive Areas of Law - - - Energy, Environmental, Health, and Safety Law
- Q11 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Aggregate Supply and Demand Analysis; Prices
- Q18 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Policy; Food Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:eaa115:116440. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eaaeeea.html .