Asymmetry In Raw Milk Safety Perceptions And Information: Implications For Risk In Fresh Produce Marketing And Policy
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bearden, William O & Etzel, Michael J, 1982. " Reference Group Influence on Product and Brand Purchase Decisions," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(2), pages 183-194, September.
- Herbert A. Simon & Massimo Egidi & Ricardo Viale & Robin Marris, 1992. "Economics, Bounded Rationality and the Cognitive Revolution," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 409.
- Harris, H. M. & Knutson, R. D. & French, C. E., 1973. "An Economic Analysis of Policies Protecting Small Business in the Milk Industry," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 5(02), pages 23-30, December.
- Palma, Marco A. & Ribera, Luis A. & Bessler, David A. & Paggi, Mechel S. & Knutson, Ronald D., 2009. "Potential Impacts of Food Borne Ill Incidence on Market Movements and Prices of Fresh Produce in the US," 2009 Annual Meeting, January 31-February 3, 2009, Atlanta, Georgia 46745, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Just, David R. & Mancino, Lisa & Wansink, Brian, 2007. "Could Behavioral Economics Help Improve Diet Quality for Nutrition Assistance Program Participants?," Economic Research Report 6391, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Greene, Catherine R. & Dimitri, Carolyn & Lin, Biing-Hwan & McBride, William D. & Oberholtzer, Lydia & Smith, Travis A., 2009. "Emerging Issues in the U.S. Organic Industry," Economic Information Bulletin 58617, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Paggi, Mechel S., 2008. "An Assessment of Food Safety Policies and Programs for Fruits and Vegetables: Food-borne Illness Prevention and Food Security," 2008 NAAMIC Workshop V: New Generation of NAFTA Standards 163906, North American Agrifood Market Integration Consortium (NAAMIC).
- Chang, Hung-Hao & Just, David R., 2007.
"Health Information Availability and the Consumption of Eggs: Are Consumers Bayesians?,"
Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 32(01), April.
- Chang, Hung-Hao & Just, David R., 2004. "Health Information Availability and the Consumption of Eggs: Are Consumers Bayesians?," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 19948, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Palma, Marco A. & Ribera, Luis A. & Paggi, Mechel S. & Knutson, Ronald D., 2010. "Food Safety Standards for the U. S. Fresh Produce Industry," Policy Issues 93684, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Timothy E. Josling & Donna Roberts & David Orden, 2004. "Food Regulation and Trade: Toward a Safe and Open Global System," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 347.
- Knutson, Ronald D. & Taylor, C. Robert & Penson, John B., Jr. & Smith, Edward G., 1990. "Economic Impacts Of Reduced Chemical Use," Choices, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 5(4).
- Frank, Robert H. & Hutchens, Robert M., 1993. "Wages, seniority, and the demand for rising consumption profiles," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 251-276, August.
- Onozaka, Yuko & Nurse, Gretchen & Thilmany, Dawn D., 2010. "Local Food Consumers: How Motivations and Perceptions Translate to Buying Behavior," Choices, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 25(1).
More about this item
Keywordsraw milk; pasteurization; health risks; behavioral economics; bounded rationality; paternalistic regulations; public health; HACCP; GLOBALG.A.P.; Agricultural and Food Policy; Consumer/Household Economics; Demand and Price Analysis; Food Consumption/Nutrition/Food Safety; Food Security and Poverty; Health Economics and Policy; A12; A13; A14; D11; D18; D46; D71; D78; D82; I18; K23; K32; Q11; Q18;
- A12 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Relation of Economics to Other Disciplines
- A13 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Relation of Economics to Social Values
- A14 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Sociology of Economics
- D11 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Theory
- D18 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Protection
- D46 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Value Theory
- D71 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Social Choice; Clubs; Committees; Associations
- D78 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Positive Analysis of Policy Formulation and Implementation
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
- K23 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law - - - Regulated Industries and Administrative Law
- K32 - Law and Economics - - Other Substantive Areas of Law - - - Energy, Environmental, Health, and Safety Law
- Q11 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Aggregate Supply and Demand Analysis; Prices
- Q18 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Policy; Food Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:eaa115:116440. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eaaeeea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.