Off-Farm Work Participation, Off-Farm Labor Supply And On-Farm Labor Demand Of U.S. Farm Operators
The paper presents econometric evidence on off-farm work participation, off-farm hours of work, and on-farm hours of work for U.S. farm operators using a national sample of farmers for the USDA's 1991 Farm Costs and Return Survey.
|Date of creation:||1998|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Huffman, Wallace E, 1980.
"Farm and Off-Farm Work Decisions: The Role of Human Capital,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 62(1), pages 14-23, February.
- Huffman, Wallace, 1980. "Farm and Off-Farm Work Decisions: The Role of Human Capital," Staff General Research Papers 10973, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Topel, Robert H, 1986. "Local Labor Markets," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(3), pages S111-43, June.
- Lee, Lung-Fei, 1982. "Some Approaches to the Correction of Selectivity Bias," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(3), pages 355-72, July.
- Newey, Whitney K & Powell, James L & Walker, James R, 1990.
"Semiparametric Estimation of Selection Models: Some Empirical Results,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 80(2), pages 324-28, May.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521368513 is not listed on IDEAS
- Thomas Mroz, .
"The Sensitivity of an Empirical Model of Married Women's Hours of Work to Economic and Statistical Assumptions,"
University of Chicago - Population Research Center
84-8, Chicago - Population Research Center.
- Mroz, Thomas A, 1987. "The Sensitivity of an Empirical Model of Married Women's Hours of Work to Economic and Statistical Assumptions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(4), pages 765-99, July.
- Juhn, Chinhui & Murphy, Kevin M & Pierce, Brooks, 1993. "Wage Inequality and the Rise in Returns to Skill," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 101(3), pages 410-42, June.
- Lass, Daniel A. & Findeis, Jill L. & Hallberg, Milton C., 1989. "Off-Farm Employment Decisions By Massachusetts Farm Households," Northeastern Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 18(2), October.
- Jensen, Helen H. & Salant, P., 1985. "Role of Fringe Benefits in Operator Off-Farm Labor Supply (The)," Staff General Research Papers 11235, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Tolley, George S., 1974. "The welfare economics of city bigness," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 324-345, July.
- Heckman, James J, 1993. "What Has Been Learned about Labor Supply in the Past Twenty Years?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(2), pages 116-21, May.
- Gardner, Bruce L, 1992. "Changing Economic Perspectives on the Farm Problem," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 30(1), pages 62-101, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea98:20846. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.