Estimating the Opportunity Cost of Unpaid Farm Labor for U.S. Farm Operators
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Warner, John T & Goldberg, Matthew S, 1984. "The Influence of Non-Pecuniary Factors on Labor Supply: The Case of Navy Enlisted Personnel," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 66(1), pages 26-35, February.
- Barry Axe & Lonnie Golden, 1991. "The Augmented Labor Supply Function: Worktime Evidence from Japan," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 17(3), pages 305-317, Jul-Sep.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Thia C. Hennessy & Tahir Rehman, 2008. "Assessing the Impact of the 'Decoupling' Reform of the Common Agricultural Policy on Irish Farmers' Off-farm Labour Market Participation Decisions," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 59(1), pages 41-56, February.
- Richard Nehring & Jorge Fernandez-Cornejo & David Banker, 2005. "Off-farm labour and the structure of US agriculture: the case of corn/soybean farms," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(6), pages 633-649.
- Ahearn, Mary Clare & Yee, Jet & Huffman, Wallace E., 2002. "The Impact Of Government Policies On Agricultural Productivity And Structure: Preliminary Results," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19865, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Donnellan, Trevor & Hennessy, Thia, 2012. "Defining a theoretical model of farm households’ labour allocation decisions," Factor Markets Working Papers 140, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Hisham El-Osta & Ashok Mishra & Mary Ahearn, 2004. "Labor Supply by Farm Operators Under “Decoupled” Farm Program Payments," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 2(4), pages 367-385, August.
- Ahearn, Mary Clare & El-Osta, Hisham S. & Dewbre, Joe, 2002. "The Impact Of Government Subsidies On The Off-Farm Labor Supply Of Farm Operators," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19825, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:9:p:1542-:d:110344 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ahearn, Mary Clare & Yee, Jet & Korb, Penelope J., 2004. "Agricultural Structural Adjustment To Government Policies: Empirical Evidence," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20367, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Donnellan, Trevor & Hennessy, Thia C., 2012. "The Labour Allocation Decisions of Farm Households: Defining a theoretical model," Working Papers 137021, Factor Markets, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- repec:eee:forpol:v:88:y:2018:i:c:p:24-37 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsFarm operator household; unpaid farm labor; off-farm labor participation; human capital; labor market area; off-farm wage rates; Farm Management; Labor and Human Capital;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:uerstb:156784. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ersgvus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.