The Impact Of Government Subsidies On The Off-Farm Labor Supply Of Farm Operators
In addition to farm work, most farm families have someone working in off-farm employment. The purpose of this paper is to examine if, and how, the change in the nature of government farm programs in the recent past has affected the labor allocation of farm operator households to off-farm employment activities. The ultimate goal of this research is to investigate the potential impacts of decoupled payments on farm output.
|Date of creation:||2002|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Heckman, James, 2013.
"Sample selection bias as a specification error,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Boschwitz, Rudy, 1987. "Decouple in the Long Run," Choices, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 2(3).
- Reuben Gronau, 1976.
"Leisure, Home Production and Work--The Theory of The Allocation of Time Revisited,"
NBER Working Papers
0137, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gronau, Reuben, 1977. "Leisure, Home Production, and Work-The Theory of the Allocation of Time Revisited," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(6), pages 1099-1123, December.
- Torre Ugarte, Daniel de la & Sanford, Scott & Skinner, Robert A. & Westcott, Paul C. & Lin, William W., 2000.
"Supply Response Under The 1996 Farm Act And Implications For The U.S. Field Crops Sector,"
33568, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Lin, William W. & Westcott, Paul C. & Skinner, Robert & Sanford, Scott & De La Torre Ugarte, Daniel G., 2000. "Supply Response Under the 1996 Farm Act and Implications for the U.S. Field Crops Sector," Technical Bulletins 184369, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- El-Osta, Hisham S. & Bernat, G. Andrew, Jr. & Ahearn, Mary Clare, 1995. "Regional Differences In The Contribution Of Off-Farm Work To Income Inequality," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 24(1), April.
- Ashok K. Mishra & Barry K. Goodwin, 1997. "Farm Income Variability and the Supply of Off-Farm Labor," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(3), pages 880-887.
- El-Osta, Hisham S. & Ahearn, Mary Clare, 1996. "Estimating the Opportunity Cost of Unpaid Farm Labor for U.S. Farm Operators," Technical Bulletins 156784, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Amemiya, Takeshi, 1981. "Qualitative Response Models: A Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 19(4), pages 1483-1536, December.
- Lopez, Ramon E., 1984. "Estimating labor supply and production decisions of self-employed farm producers," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 61-82.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea02:19825. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.