Leisure, Home Production and Work--The Theory of The Allocation of Time Revisited
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Gronau, Reuben, 1977. "Leisure, Home Production, and Work-The Theory of the Allocation of Time Revisited," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(6), pages 1099-1123, December.
References listed on IDEAS
- Willis, Robert J, 1973. "A New Approach to the Economic Theory of Fertility Behavior," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(2), pages 14-64, Part II, .
- Sharir, Shmuel, 1975. "The Income-Leisure Model: A Diagrammatic Extension," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 51(133), pages 93-98, March.
- Gronau, Reuben, 1973. "The Intrafamily Allocation of Time: The Value of the Housewives' Time," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 63(4), pages 634-651, September.
- Pollak, Robert A & Wachter, Michael L, 1975. "The Relevance of the Household Production Function and Its Implications for the Allocation of Time," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 83(2), pages 255-277, April.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- James J. Heckman, 2015.
"Introduction to A Theory of the Allocation of Time by Gary Becker,"
Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 0(583), pages 403-409, March.
- Heckman, James J., 2014. "Introduction to A Theory of the Allocation of Time by Gary Becker," IZA Discussion Papers 8424, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Grossman, Michael & Joyce, Theodore J, 1990.
"Unobservables, Pregnancy Resolutions, and Birth Weight Production Functions in New York City,"
Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(5), pages 983-1007, October.
- Michael Grossman & Theodore J. Joyce, 1988. "Unobservables, Pregnancy Resolutions, and Birthweight Production Functions in New York City," NBER Working Papers 2746, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jara-Díaz, Sergio & Rosales-Salas, Jorge, 2017. "Beyond transport time: A review of time use modeling," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 209-230.
- Tadashi Yamada & Tetsuji Yamada, 1984. "Part-time Employment of Married Women and Fertility in Urban Japan," NBER Working Papers 1474, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shoshana Grossbard, 2006. "The New Home Economics at Columbia and Chicago," Springer Books, in: Shoshana Grossbard (ed.), Jacob Mincer A Pioneer of Modern Labor Economics, chapter 7, pages 37-49, Springer.
- Jean-Pierre Faugère, 1980. "L'allocation du temps entre travail domestique et travail marchand : discussion autour d'un modèle," Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 31(2), pages 313-346.
- Elisabeth Gugl & Linda Welling, 2010. "The Early Bird Gets The Worm? Birth Order Effects In A Dynamic Family Model," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 48(3), pages 690-703, July.
- Allen C. Kelley, 1980. "Interactions of Economic and Demographic Household Behavior," NBER Chapters, in: Population and Economic Change in Developing Countries, pages 403-470, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eibich, Peter & Siedler, Thomas, 2020.
"Retirement, intergenerational time transfers, and fertility,"
European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 124(C).
- Eibich, Peter & Siedler, Thomas, 2016. "Retirement, intergenerational time transfers and fertility," VfS Annual Conference 2016 (Augsburg): Demographic Change 145746, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Peter Eibich & Thomas Siedler, 2020. "Retirement, Intergenerational Time Transfers, and Fertility," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 1073, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Eibich, Peter & Siedler, Thomas, 2020. "Retirement, Intergenerational Time Transfers, and Fertility," IZA Discussion Papers 12993, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Clark, Gregory & Cummins, Neil, 2016. "The Child Quality-Quantity Tradeoff, England, 1780-1880: A Fundamental Component of the Economic Theory of Growth is Missing," CEPR Discussion Papers 11232, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Marcén, Miriam & Molina, José Alberto & Morales, Marina, 2018.
"The effect of culture on the fertility decisions of immigrant women in the United States,"
Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 15-28.
- Marcén, Miriam & Molina, Jose Alberto & Morales, Marina, 2016. "The effect of culture on the fertility decisions of immigrant women in the United States," MPRA Paper 75511, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Scheurlen, Elena, 2015. "Time allocation to energy resource collection in rural Ethiopia: Gender-disaggregated household responses to changes in firewood availability:," IFPRI discussion papers 1419, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Ichimura, Hidehiko & Todd, Petra E., 2007.
"Implementing Nonparametric and Semiparametric Estimators,"
Handbook of Econometrics, in: J.J. Heckman & E.E. Leamer (ed.), Handbook of Econometrics, edition 1, volume 6, chapter 74,
- Hidehiko Ichimura & Petra E. Todd, 2006. "Implementing Nonparametric and Semiparametric Estimators," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-452, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Eleanor Jawon Choi & Jaewoo Choi & Hyelim Son, 2019. "The Long-Term Effects of Labor Market Entry in a Recession: Evidence from the Asian Financial Crisis," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 19-312, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Bagamba, Fredrick & Burger, Kees & Kuyvenhoven, Arie, 2007.
"Determinants of smallholder farmer labour allocation decisions in Uganda,"
106th Seminar, October 25-27, 2007, Montpellier, France
7920, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Bagamba, Fred & Burger, Kees & Kuyvenhoven, Arie, 2009. "Determinant of smallholder farmer labor allocation decisions in Uganda:," IFPRI discussion papers 887, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Lex Borghans & Angela Lee Duckworth & James J. Heckman & Bas ter Weel, 2008.
"The Economics and Psychology of Personality Traits,"
Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 43(4).
- Borghans, Lex & Duckworth, Angela Lee & Heckman, James J. & Weel, Bas ter, 2008. "The Economics and Psychology of Personality Traits," MERIT Working Papers 2008-010, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Lex Borghans & Angela Lee Duckworth & James J. Heckman & Bas ter Weel, 2008. "The Economics and Psychology of Personality Traits," Working Papers 200827, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- Borghans, L. & Duckworth, A.L. & Heckman, J. & ter Weel, B.J., 2008. "The economics and psychology of personality traits," ROA Research Memorandum 001, Maastricht University, Research Centre for Education and the Labour Market (ROA).
- Lex Borghans & Angela Lee Duckworth & James J. Heckman & Bas ter Weel, 2008. "The Economics and Psychology of Personality Traits," NBER Working Papers 13810, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Borghans, Lex & Duckworth, Angela Lee & Heckman, James J. & ter Weel, Bas, 2008. "The Economics and Psychology of Personality Traits," IZA Discussion Papers 3333, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Azuara, Oliver, 2011. "Effect of universal health coverage on marriage, cohabitation and labor force participation," MPRA Paper 35074, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Diewert, Erwin & FOX, Kevin J. & Paul Schreyer, 2017. "The Allocation and Valuation of Time," Microeconomics.ca working papers erwin_diewert-2017-5, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 04 May 2017.
- Kathy A. Paulson Gjerde, 2002. "The existence of gender-specific promotion standards in the U.S," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(8), pages 447-459.
- Hossain, Mohammad A. & Tisdell, Clement A. & Ayon, Tonmoyee Hasan, 2012.
"Does Workforce Participation Empower Women? Micro-Level Evidence from Urban Bangladesh,"
Bangladesh Development Studies, Bangladesh Institute of Development Studies (BIDS), vol. 35(3), pages 51-78, September.
- Hossain, Mohammad & Tisdell, Clement A., 2005. "Does Workforce Participation Empower Women? Micro-Level Evidence from Urban Bangladesh," Social Economics, Policy and Development Working Papers 123451, University of Queensland, School of Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:0137. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.