The Allocation and Valuation of Time
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Barnett, William A, 1977.
"Pollak and Wachter on the Household Production Function Approach,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(5), pages 1073-1082, October.
- William A. Barnett, 1978. "Pollak and Wachter on the household production function approach," Special Studies Papers 109, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- J. Steven Landefeld & Stephanie H. McCulla, 2000. "Accounting For Nonmarket Household Production Within A National Accounts Framework," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 46(3), pages 289-307, September.
- Pollak, Robert A & Wachter, Michael L, 1977. "Reply: "Pollak and Wachter on the Household Production Approach."," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(5), pages 1083-1086, October.
- Paul Schreyer & W. Erwin Diewert, 2014.
"Household Production, Leisure, and Living Standards,"
NBER Chapters,in: Measuring Economic Sustainability and Progress, pages 89-114
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Diewert, Erwin & Schreyer, Paul, 2013. "Household Production, Leisure and Living Standards," Economics working papers erwin_diewert-2013-15, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 03 Apr 2013.
- Diewert, W. E., 1976. "Exact and superlative index numbers," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 115-145, May.
- Pollak, Robert A & Wachter, Michael L, 1975. "The Relevance of the Household Production Function and Its Implications for the Allocation of Time," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 83(2), pages 255-277, April.
- W. E. Diewert, 1973. "Afriat and Revealed Preference Theory," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 40(3), pages 419-425.
More about this item
KeywordsValuation of household time; replacement cost valuation of time; opportunity cost valuation of time; household production;
- J22 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Time Allocation and Labor Supply
- E21 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Consumption; Saving; Wealth
- E01 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General - - - Measurement and Data on National Income and Product Accounts and Wealth; Environmental Accounts
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-05-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-LMA-2017-05-14 (Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages)
- NEP-MAC-2017-05-14 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-UPT-2017-05-14 (Utility Models & Prospect Theory)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ubc:pmicro:erwin_diewert-2017-5. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Maureen Chin). General contact details of provider: http://www.economics.ubc.ca/ .