The Allocation and Valuation of Time
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- J. Steven Landefeld & Stephanie H. McCulla, 2000. "Accounting For Nonmarket Household Production Within A National Accounts Framework," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 46(3), pages 289-307, September.
- Pollak, Robert A & Wachter, Michael L, 1977. "Reply: "Pollak and Wachter on the Household Production Approach."," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(5), pages 1083-1086, October.
- Barnett, William A, 1977.
"Pollak and Wachter on the Household Production Function Approach,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(5), pages 1073-1082, October.
- William A. Barnett, 1978. "Pollak and Wachter on the household production function approach," Special Studies Papers 109, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Paul Schreyer & W. Erwin Diewert, 2014.
"Household Production, Leisure, and Living Standards,"
NBER Chapters, in: Measuring Economic Sustainability and Progress, pages 89-114,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Diewert, Erwin & Schreyer, Paul, 2013. "Household Production, Leisure and Living Standards," Economics working papers erwin_diewert-2013-15, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 03 Apr 2013.
- Diewert, W. E., 1976. "Exact and superlative index numbers," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 115-145, May.
- Pollak, Robert A & Wachter, Michael L, 1975. "The Relevance of the Household Production Function and Its Implications for the Allocation of Time," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 83(2), pages 255-277, April.
- W. E. Diewert, 1973. "Afriat and Revealed Preference Theory," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 40(3), pages 419-425.
More about this item
KeywordsValuation of household time; replacement cost valuation of time; opportunity cost valuation of time; household production;
- J22 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Time Allocation and Labor Supply
- E21 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Consumption; Saving; Wealth
- E01 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General - - - Measurement and Data on National Income and Product Accounts and Wealth; Environmental Accounts
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-LMA-2017-05-14 (Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages)
- NEP-MAC-2017-05-14 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-UPT-2017-05-14 (Utility Models & Prospect Theory)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ubc:pmicro:erwin_diewert-2017-5. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Maureen Chin). General contact details of provider: http://www.economics.ubc.ca/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.