The Role Of Farm Ownership In Off-Farm Work Participation
A labor supply model is used to examine the relationship between farm ownership and operators' participation in the off-farm labor market for the Northeast region. The results indicate that ownership significantly influences operators' off-farm employment participation. In particular, part-owners significantly allocate labor services to off-farm activities. The results also show that the participation rate among part-owner operators is high partly because the availability of other income sources accelerates the process of acquiring assets to become full-owner operators.
Volume (Year): 26 (1997)
Issue (Month): 1 (April)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.narea.org/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Huffman, Wallace, 1980.
"Farm and Off-Farm Work Decisions: The Role of Human Capital,"
Staff General Research Papers
10973, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Huffman, Wallace E, 1980. "Farm and Off-Farm Work Decisions: The Role of Human Capital," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 62(1), pages 14-23, February.
- Wales, Terence J & Woodland, A D, 1977. "Estimation of the Allocation of Time for Work, Leisure, and Housework," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(1), pages 115-32, January.
- Kilkenny, Maureen, 1993. "Rural vs. Urban Effects of Terminating Farm Subsidies," Staff General Research Papers 11121, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- A. Kimhi, 1994. "Participation Of Farm Owners In Farm And Off-Farm Work Including The Option Of Full-Time Off-Farm Work," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(2), pages 232-239.
- Reardon, Thomas A. & Crawford, Eric W. & Kelly, Valerie, 1994. "Links Between Nonfarm Income and Farm Investment in African Households: Adding the Capital Market Perspective," Staff Papers 201191, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Jensen, Helen H. & Salant, P., 1985. "Role of Fringe Benefits in Operator Off-Farm Labor Supply (The)," Staff General Research Papers 11235, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- repec:tpr:qjecon:v:91:y:1977:i:1:p:59-79 is not listed on IDEAS
- Barnum, Howard N. & Squire, Lyn, 1979. "An econometric application of the theory of the farm-household," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 79-102, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:arerjl:31361. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.