The welfare economics of city bigness
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Harberger, Arnold C, 1971. "Three Basic Postulates for Applied Welfare Economics: An Interpretive Essay," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 9(3), pages 785-797, September.
- Krauss, Melvyn B, 1972. "Differential Tax Incidence: Large versus Small Tax Changes," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 80(1), pages 193-197, Jan.-Feb..
- Polinsky, A. Mitchell & Rubinfeld, Daniel L., 1978. "The long-run effects of a residential property tax and local public services," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 241-262, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Smith, V. Kerry & Poulos, Christine & Kim, Hyun, 2002. "Treating open space as an urban amenity," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1-2), pages 107-129, February.
- Kahn, Matthew E. & Schwartz, Joel, 2008. "Urban air pollution progress despite sprawl: The "greening" of the vehicle fleet," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(3), pages 775-787, May.
- Borck, Rainald & Tabuchi, Takatoshi, 2015.
"Pollution and city size: can cities be too small?,"
Annual Conference 2015 (Muenster): Economic Development - Theory and Policy
113124, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Rainald Borck & Takatoshi Tabuchi, 2016. "Pollution and City Size: Can Cities be too Small?," CESifo Working Paper Series 6152, CESifo Group Munich.
- Rainald BORCK & TABUCHI Takatoshi, 2016. "Pollution and City Size: Can Cities be Too Small?," Discussion papers 16094, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Huffman, Wallace E. & El-Osta, Hisham S., 1998. "Off-Farm Work Participation, Off-Farm Labor Supply And On-Farm Labor Demand Of U.S. Farm Operators," 1998 Annual meeting, August 2-5, Salt Lake City, UT 20846, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Gaigné, Carl & Zenou, Yves, 2015. "Agglomeration, city size and crime," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 62-82.
- Fisher, Anthony C & Peterson, Frederick M, 1976. "The Environment in Economics: A Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 14(1), pages 1-33, March.
- Hoehn, John P. & Berger, Mark C. & Blomquist, Glenn C., 1986. "A Hedonic Model of Interregional Wages, Rents and Amenity Values," Staff Papers 200902, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Blomquist, Glenn C., 2002. "Economist and Editor George S. Tolley: A special issue in his honor," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1-2), pages 3-11, February.
- repec:eee:ecosys:v:41:y:2017:i:2:p:165-178 is not listed on IDEAS
- Douglas J. Krupka, 2009.
"Location-Specific Human Capital, Location Choice And Amenity Demand,"
Journal of Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(5), pages 833-854.
- Krupka, Douglas J., 2007. "Location-Specific Human Capital, Location Choice and Amenity Demand," IZA Discussion Papers 2987, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Zheng, Siqi & Kahn, Matthew E. & Liu, Hongyu, 2010.
"Towards a system of open cities in China: Home prices, FDI flows and air quality in 35 major cities,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 1-10, January.
- Siqi Zheng & Matthew E. Kahn & Hongyu Liu, 2009. "Towards a System of Open Cities in China: Home Prices, FDI Flows and Air Quality in 35 Major Cities," NBER Working Papers 14751, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edward L. Glaeser, 1998. "Are Cities Dying?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 12(2), pages 139-160, Spring.
- Hills, Roderick, 2009. "Federalism and Public Choice," MPRA Paper 13625, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Douglas J. Krupka & Kwame N. Donaldson, 2013. "Wages, Rents, And Heterogeneous Moving Costs," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 51(1), pages 844-864, January.
- Klarl, Torben Alexander, 2015. "Urban-rural migration and congestion costs revisited: is there a triple dividend for cities in developing countries?," Annual Conference 2015 (Muenster): Economic Development - Theory and Policy 112829, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Geoffrey McNicoll, 2014. "Population and sustainability," Chapters,in: Handbook of Sustainable Development, chapter 19, pages 291-303 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Ulrich Dilger, 2010. "The Rise Of The Green City In The U.S. - Sustainable Strategies And The Attraction Of Human Capital By Environmental Amenities," NEURUS papers neurusp137, NEURUS - Network of European and US Regional and Urban Studies.
- Huffman, Wallace E., 1990. "Local Labor Market Conditions: Effects on Labor Demand and Wage Labor Supply Decisions of Farm and Rural Nonfarm Couples, 1978-82," ISU General Staff Papers 199006170700001212, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Matthew E. Kahn, 2010. "New Evidence on Trends in the Cost of Urban Agglomeration," NBER Chapters,in: Agglomeration Economics, pages 339-354 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John M. Clapp & Stephen L. Ross & Tingyu Zhou, 2015. "Retail Agglomeration and Competition Externalities: Evidence from Openings and Closings of Multiline Department Stores in the US," Working papers 2015-04, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Jin Guo & Yingzhi Xu & Zhengning Pu, 2016. "Urbanization and Its Effects on Industrial Pollutant Emissions: An Empirical Study of a Chinese Case with the Spatial Panel Model," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(8), pages 1-15, August.
- Krupka, Douglas J., 2008. "On Amenities, Natural Advantage and Agglomeration," IZA Discussion Papers 3598, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Malpezzi, Stephen, 2001.
"The Contributions of Stephen K. Mayo to Housing and Urban Economics,"
Journal of Housing Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 72-108, June.
- Stephen Malpezzi, 2000. "The Contributions of Stephen K. Mayo to Housing and Urban Economics," Wisconsin-Madison CULER working papers 00-07, University of Wisconsin Center for Urban Land Economic Research.
- David Albouy, 2009. "What Are Cities Worth? Land Rents, Local Productivity, and the Capitalization of Amenity Values," NBER Working Papers 14981, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James R. Khan & Haim Ofek, 1992. "The Equilibrium Distribution Of Population And Wages In A System Of Cities," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 22(3), pages 201-216, Winter.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:juecon:v:1:y:1974:i:3:p:324-345. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622905 .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .