A nonexperimental evaluation of training programmes: regional evidence for Spain
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- LaLonde, Robert J, 1986.
"Evaluating the Econometric Evaluations of Training Programs with Experimental Data,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 76(4), pages 604-620, September.
- Robert J. LaLonde, 1984. "Evaluating the Econometric Evaluations of Training Programs with Experimental Data," Working Papers 563, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Decressin, Jorg & Fatas, Antonio, 1995. "Regional labor market dynamics in Europe," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 1627-1655, December.
- Raaum, Oddbjorn & Torp, Hege, 2002. "Labour market training in Norway--effect on earnings," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 207-247, April.
- Regner, Hakan, 2002. "A nonexperimental evaluation of training programs for the unemployed in Sweden," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 187-206, April.
- Olivier Jean Blanchard & Lawrence F. Katz, 1992. "Regional Evolutions," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 23(1), pages 1-76.
- Richard Blundell & Lorraine Dearden & Barbara Sianesi, 2003.
"Evaluating the impact of education on earnings in the UK: Models, methods and results from the NCDS,"
IFS Working Papers
W03/20, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Richard Blundell & Lorraine Dearden & Barbara Sianesi, 2004. "Evaluating the Impact of Education on Earnings in the UK: Models, Methods and Results from the NCDS," CEE Discussion Papers 0047, Centre for the Economics of Education, LSE.
- Blundell, Richard & Dearden, Lorraine & Sianesi, Barbara, 2004. "Evaluating the impact of education on earnings in the UK: models, methods and results from the NCDS," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 19451, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Reinhard Hujer & Stephan Thomsen & Christopher Zeiss, 2006.
"The effects of vocational training programmes on the duration of unemployment in Eastern Germany,"
AStA Advances in Statistical Analysis,
Springer;German Statistical Society, vol. 90(2), pages 299-321, June.
- Hujer, Reinhard & Thomsen, Stephan L. & Zeiss, Christopher, 2004. "The Effects of Vocational Training Programmes on the Duration of Unemployment in Eastern Germany," IZA Discussion Papers 1117, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Michael Rosholm & Lars Skipper, 2009.
"Is labour market training a curse for the unemployed? Evidence from a social experiment,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(2), pages 338-365, March.
- Rosholm, Michael & Skipper, Lars, 2003. "Is Labour Market Training a Curse for the Unemployed? Evidence from a Social Experiment," IZA Discussion Papers 716, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Michael Lechner & Ruth Miquel & Conny Wunsch, 2007.
"The Curse and Blessing of Training the Unemployed in a Changing Economy: The Case of East Germany After Unification,"
German Economic Review,
Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 8, pages 468-509, November.
- Lechner, Michael & Miquel, Ruth & Wunsch, Conny, 2005. "The Curse and Blessing of Training the Unemployed in a Changing Economy: the Case of East Germany after Unification," CEPR Discussion Papers 5171, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Lechner, Michael & Miquel, Ruth & Wunsch, Conny, 2005. "The curse and blessing of training the unemployed in a changing economy : the case of East Germany after unification," IAB Discussion Paper 200514, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany].
- Lechner, Michael & Miquel, Ruth & Wunsch, Conny, 2005. "The Curse and Blessing of Training the Unemployed in a Changing Economy: The Case of East Germany After Unification," IZA Discussion Papers 1684, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Michael Lechner & Ruth Miquel & Conny Wunsch, 2005. "The Curse and Blessing of Training the Unemployed in a Changing Economy: The Case of East Germany after Unification," University of St. Gallen Department of Economics working paper series 2005 2005-15, Department of Economics, University of St. Gallen.
- Rajeev H. Dehejia & Sadek Wahba, 2002.
"Propensity Score-Matching Methods For Nonexperimental Causal Studies,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 84(1), pages 151-161, February.
- Rajeev H. Dehejia & Sadek Wahba, 1998. "Propensity Score Matching Methods for Non-experimental Causal Studies," NBER Working Papers 6829, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dehejia, Rajeev, 2005. "Practical propensity score matching: a reply to Smith and Todd," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 125(1-2), pages 355-364.
- Stephen H. Bell & Larry l. Orr & John D. Blomquist & Glen G. Cain, 1995. "Program Applicants as a Comparison Group in Evaluating Training Programs: Theory and a Test," Books from Upjohn Press, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research, number pacg, November.
- James Heckman & Hidehiko Ichimura & Jeffrey Smith & Petra Todd, 1998.
"Characterizing Selection Bias Using Experimental Data,"
Econometric Society, vol. 66(5), pages 1017-1098, September.
- James Heckman & Hidehiko Ichimura & Jeffrey Smith & Petra Todd, 1998. "Characterizing Selection Bias Using Experimental Data," NBER Working Papers 6699, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fredriksson, Peter, 1999.
"The Dynamics of Regional Labor Markets and Active Labor Market Policy: Swedish Evidence,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 51(4), pages 623-648, October.
- Fredriksson, P., 1995. "The Dynamics of Regional Labour Markets and Active Labour Market Policy: Swedish Evidence," Papers 1995-20, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Betcherman, Gordon & Olivas, Karina & Dar, Amit, 2004. "Impacts of active labor market programs : new evidence from evaluations with particular attention to developing and transition countries," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 29142, The World Bank.
- James J. Heckman & Hidehiko Ichimura & Petra Todd, 1998. "Matching As An Econometric Evaluation Estimator," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 65(2), pages 261-294.
- repec:ags:stataj:116022 is not listed on IDEAS
- Becker, Sascha O. & Ichino, Andrea, 2002.
"Estimation of average treatment effects based on propensity scores,"
StataCorp LP, vol. 0(Number 4), pages 1-20.
- Sascha O. Becker & Andrea Ichino, 2002. "Estimation of average treatment effects based on propensity scores," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 2(4), pages 358-377, November.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- PolÃticas activas de empleo: quÃ© funciona y quÃ© se consigue
by Samuel Bentolila in Nada Es Gratis on 2013-11-12 12:55:33
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ramos, Raul & Surinach, Jordi & Artís, Manuel, 2009. "The Effectiveness of Regional Active Labour Market Policies to Fight against Unemployment: An Analysis for Catalonia," IZA Discussion Papers 4649, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- José Ignacio García Pérez & David Troncoso Ponce, 2011.
"La introducción de la renta graria: una evaluación del impacto sobre la oferta de trabajo en Andalucía y Extremadura,"
Hacienda Pública Española,
IEF, vol. 199(4), pages 53-80, December.
- José Ignacio García Pérez & David Troncoso Ponce, 2011. "La introducción de la Renta Agraria: una evaluación del impacto sobre la oferta de trabajo en Andalucía y Extremadura," Working Papers 11.04, Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Department of Economics.
- Begoña Cueto & Luis Toharia & Carlos García Serrano & Joan A. Alujas, 2010. "Los efectos de la formación ocupacional: ¿Importa la duración de las acciones?," Hacienda Pública Española, IEF, vol. 195(4), pages 9-36, december.
- Rodokanakis Stavros, 2010. "The Dynamics of Regional Labour Markets and Training Programmes: Greek Evidence," European Spatial Research and Policy, Sciendo, vol. 17(1), pages 93-115, June.
- Stavros Rodokanakis & Vasileios A. Vlachos, 2012. "Measuring the Unemployment Risk in Northern Greece from the LFS Micro-Data during the Period 1994-2006," Review of Economic Analysis, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis, vol. 4(2), pages 224-246, December.
- Stavros Rodokanakis, 2010. "Unemployment Risk in Southern Greece," Romanian Economic Journal, Department of International Business and Economics from the Academy of Economic Studies Bucharest, vol. 13(35), pages 55-82, (1).
- Stavros Rodokanakis & Irini Moustaki, 2010. "Evaluating the risk of unemployment: comparison between the two most populated Greek regions with the entire country," IWE Working Papers 194, Institute for World Economics - Centre for Economic and Regional Studies- Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Sarah Bernhard & Thomas Kruppe, 2012.
"Effectiveness of Further Vocational Training in Germany – Empirical Findings for Persons Receiving Means-tested Unemployment Benefits,"
Schmollers Jahrbuch : Journal of Applied Social Science Studies / Zeitschrift für Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissenschaften,
Duncker & Humblot, Berlin, vol. 132(4), pages 501-526.
- Bernhard, Sarah & Kruppe, Thomas, 2012. "Effectiveness of further vocational training in Germany : empirical findings for persons receiving means-tested unemployment benefit," IAB Discussion Paper 201210, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany].
- RODOKANAKIS, Stavros & VLACHOS, Vasileios, 2010. "A Non-Experimental Evaluation Of Education And Training In Greece: The Cases Of Northern Aegean And Crete," Regional and Sectoral Economic Studies, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 10(1).
- Cueto, Begoña & Patricia, Suárez, 2014. "A review of active and passive labour market policies in Spain," MPRA Paper 60648, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stavros Rodokanakis, 2010. "A Non-Experimental Evaluation of Unemployment Risk in Crete and the Ionian Islands: Regional Evidence for Greece," Acta Oeconomica Pragensia, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2010(4), pages 44-63.
- Cansino Muñoz-Repiso, José Manuel & Sánchez Braza, Antonio, 2011. "Effectiveness of Public Training Programs Reducing the Time Needed to Find a Job/Eficacia de los programas públicos de formación en la reducción del tiempo necesario para encontrar un empleo," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 29, pages 391(26á.)-3, Abril.
- repec:eee:joecas:v:7:y:2010:i:1:p:137-174 is not listed on IDEAS
- Blázquez, Maite & Herrarte, Ainhoa & Sáez, Felipe, 2012. "Occupational matching: The case of job seekers inscribed at Public Employment Offices," Working Papers in Economic Theory 2012/02, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (Spain), Department of Economic Analysis (Economic Theory and Economic History).
- Rodokanakis Stavros, 2009. "Comparing the Probability of Unemployment in Southern Greece Vis-À-Vis the Entire Country," Bulletin of Geography. Socio-economic Series, Sciendo, vol. 12(12), pages 17-43, January.
More about this item
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- J68 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Public Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:anresc:v:43:y:2009:i:2:p:415-433. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.