Is Labour Market Training a Curse for the Unemployed? Evidence from a Social Experiment
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Michael Rosholm & Lars Skipper, 2009. "Is labour market training a curse for the unemployed? Evidence from a social experiment," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(2), pages 338-365, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eleftherios Goulas & Athina Zervoyianni, 2017. "Active labour-market policies and output growth - is there a causal relationship?," Working Paper series 17-20, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- McGuinness, Seamus & O'Connell, Philip J. & Kelly, Elish & Walsh, John R., 2011. "Activation in Ireland: An Evaluation of the National Employment Action Plan," Research Series, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), number RS20.
- Florent Bedecarrats & Isabelle Guérin & François Roubaud, 2017. "L'étalon-or des évaluations randomisées : du discours de la méthode à l'économie politique," Working Papers ird-01445209, HAL.
- Rodokanakis Stavros, 2010. "The Dynamics of Regional Labour Markets and Training Programmes: Greek Evidence," European Spatial Research and Policy, De Gruyter Open, vol. 17(1), pages 93-115, June.
- Michael Rosholm & Michael Svarer, 2004.
"Estimating the Threat Effect of Active Labour Market Programmes,"
CAM Working Papers
2004-14, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Centre for Applied Microeconometrics.
- Rosholm, Michael & Svarer, Michael, 2004. "Estimating the Threat Effect of Active Labour Market Programmes," IZA Discussion Papers 1300, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Michael Rosholm & Michael Svarer, 2004. "Estimating the Threat Effect of Active Labour Market Programmes," Economics Working Papers 2004-6, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Stavros Rodokanakis & Vasileios A. Vlachos, 2012. "Measuring the Unemployment Risk in Northern Greece from the LFS Micro-Data during the Period 1994-2006," Review of Economic Analysis, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis, vol. 4(2), pages 224-246, December.
- Begoña Cueto & F. Mato, 2009. "A nonexperimental evaluation of training programmes: regional evidence for Spain," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 43(2), pages 415-433, June.
- Sarah Bernhard & Thomas Kruppe, 2012.
"Effectiveness of Further Vocational Training in Germany – Empirical Findings for Persons Receiving Means-tested Unemployment Benefits,"
Schmollers Jahrbuch : Journal of Applied Social Science Studies / Zeitschrift für Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissenschaften,
Duncker & Humblot, Berlin, vol. 132(4), pages 501-526.
- Bernhard, Sarah & Kruppe, Thomas, 2012. "Effectiveness of further vocational training in Germany : empirical findings for persons receiving means-tested unemployment benefit," IAB Discussion Paper 201210, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany].
- Spermann, Alexander & Strotmann, Harald, 2005.
"The Targeted Negative Income Tax (TNIT) in Germany: Evidence from a Quasi Experiment,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
05-68, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Spermann, Alexander & Strotmann, Harald, 2006. "The Targeted Negative Income Tax (TNIT) in Germany: Evidence from a Quasi Experiment," IZA Discussion Papers 2067, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Florent Bédécarrats & Isabelle Guérin & François Roubaud, 2018. "The gold standard for randomised evaluations: from discussion of method to political economy," Working Papers hal-01686672, HAL.
- Seamus McGuinness & Philip J. O'Connell & Elish Kelly, 2014. "The Impact of Training Programme Type and Duration on the Employment Chances of the Unemployed in Ireland," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 45(3), pages 425-450.
- Jonas Maibom & Michael Rosholm & Michael Svarer, 2017.
"Experimental Evidence on the Effects of Early Meetings and Activation,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 119(3), pages 541-570, July.
- Jonas Maibom Pedersen & Michael Rosholm & Michael Svarer, 2012. "Experimental Evidence on the Effects of Early Meetings and Activation," Economics Working Papers 2012-26, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Maibom, Jonas & Rosholm, Michael & Svarer, Michael, 2012. "Experimental Evidence on the Effects of Early Meetings and Activation," IZA Discussion Papers 6970, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Florent Bédécarrats & Isabelle Guérin & François Roubaud, 2015. "The gold standard for randomised evaluations: from discussion of method to political economics," Working Papers CEB 15-009, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Stavros Rodokanakis, 2010. "A Non-Experimental Evaluation of Unemployment Risk in Crete and the Ionian Islands: Regional Evidence for Greece," Acta Oeconomica Pragensia, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2010(4), pages 44-63.
- Ott-Siim Toomet, 2005. "Does an Increase in Unemployment Income Lead to Longer Unemployment Spells? Evidence Using Danish Unemployment Assistance Data," Bank of Estonia Working Papers 2005-09, Bank of Estonia, revised 10 Oct 2005.
- Rodokanakis Stavros, 2009. "Comparing the Probability of Unemployment in Southern Greece Vis-À-Vis the Entire Country," Bulletin of Geography. Socio-economic Series, De Gruyter Open, vol. 12(12), pages 17-43, January.
- Weber, Andrea & Hofer, Helmut, 2003. "Active Job-search Programs a Promising Tool? A Microeconometric Evaluation for Austria," Economics Series 131, Institute for Advanced Studies.
More about this item
Keywordsexperimental and nonexperimental estimators; classroom training; programme evaluation; social experiment;
- J64 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Unemployment: Models, Duration, Incidence, and Job Search
- J68 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Public Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2003-02-24 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp716. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .