The earning differential between natives and individuals with immigrant background in Russia: The role of ethnicity
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Fontaine, François, 2008.
"Why are similar workers paid differently? the role of social networks,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 32(12), pages 3960-3977, December.
- Francois Fontaine, 2004. "Why are similar workers paid differently? The role of social networks," 2004 Meeting Papers 493, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Fontaine, Francois, 2005. "Why Are Similar Workers Paid Differently? The Role of Social Networks," IZA Discussion Papers 1786, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Fontaine Francois, 2004. "Why are similar workers paid differently? The role of social networks," Labor and Demography 0408014, EconWPA, revised 06 Jan 2005.
- Jean-Louis Arcand & Béatrice D'hombres, 2004.
"Racial discrimination in the Brazilian labour market: wage, employment and segregation effects,"
Journal of International Development,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(8), pages 1053-1066.
- Jean-Louis ARCAND & Béatrice D'HOMBRES, 2003. "Racial Discrimination in the Brazilian Labor Market: Wage, Employment and Segregation Effects," Working Papers 200314, CERDI.
- Arcand Jean-Louis & Béatrice d'Hombres, 2005. "Racial Discrimination in the Brazilian Labour Market: Wage, Employment and Segregation Effects," Labor and Demography 0510015, EconWPA.
- Glitz, Albrecht, 2014.
"Ethnic segregation in Germany,"
Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 28-40.
- Albrecht Glitz, 2012. "Ethnic Segregation in Germany," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 1222, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Glitz, Albrecht, 2012. "Ethnic Segregation in Germany," IZA Discussion Papers 6841, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- repec:bla:labour:v:31:y:2017:i:2:p:105-126 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cristian Bartolucci, 2010. "Understanding the Native-Immigrant Wage Gap Using Matched Employer-Employee Data. Evidence from Germany," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 150, Collegio Carlo Alberto.
- Aldashev Alisher & Gernandt Johannes & Thomsen Stephan L., 2012. "The Immigrant-Native Wage Gap in Germany," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), De Gruyter, vol. 232(5), pages 490-517, October.
- Alireza Behtoui, 2004. "Unequal Opportunities for Young People with Immigrant Backgrounds in the Swedish Labour Market," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 18(4), pages 633-660, December.
- Jacob A. Mincer, 1974. "Introduction to "Schooling, Experience, and Earnings"," NBER Chapters,in: Schooling, Experience, and Earnings, pages 1-4 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Thomas Bauer & Gil Epstein & Ira Gang, 2005.
"Enclaves, language, and the location choice of migrants,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 18(4), pages 649-662, November.
- Ira N. Gang & Thomas Bauer & Gil S. Epstein, 2002. "Enclaves, Language and the Location Choice of Migrants," Departmental Working Papers 200217, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Bauer, Thomas K. & Epstein, Gil S. & Gang, Ira N., 2002. "Enclaves, Language and the Location Choice of Migrants," IZA Discussion Papers 558, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Bauer, Thomas & Epstein, Gil S & Gang, Ira, 2002. "Enclaves, Language and the Location Choice of Migrants," CEPR Discussion Papers 3527, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Richard Wright, 2000. "The Ethnic and Gender Division of Labor Compared Among Immigrants to Los Angeles," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(3), pages 567-582, September.
- Randall S. Brown & Marilyn Moon & Barbara S. Zoloth, 1980. "Incorporating Occupational Attainment in Studies of Male-Female Earnings Differentials," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 15(1), pages 3-28.
- Zorlu, Aslan, 2011. "Occupational Adjustment of Immigrants," IZA Discussion Papers 6147, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Oaxaca, Ronald, 1973. "Male-Female Wage Differentials in Urban Labor Markets," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 14(3), pages 693-709, October.
- Neuman, Shoshana & Silber, Jacques G, 1996. "Wage Discrimination across Ethnic Groups: Evidence from Israel," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 34(4), pages 648-661, October.
- Helmut Hofer & Gerlinde Titelbach & Rudolf Winter-Ebmer & Alexander Ahammer, 2017.
"Wage Discrimination Against Immigrants in Austria?,"
CEIS, vol. 31(2), pages 105-126, June.
- Helmut Hofer & Gerlinde Titelbach & Rudolf Winter-Ebmer, 2014. "Wage discrimination against immigrants in Austria?," Economics working papers 2014-06, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Helmut Hofer & Gerlinde Titelbach & Rudolf Winter-Ebmer, 2014. "Wage discrimination against immigrants in Austria?," NRN working papers 2014-07, The Austrian Center for Labor Economics and the Analysis of the Welfare State, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Asad Islam & Jaai Parasnis, 2014. "Immigrant–Native Wage Inequality across Occupational Sectors in Australia," Monash Economics Working Papers 14-14, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Edward P. Lazear, 1999. "Culture and Language," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 107(S6), pages 95-126, December.
- Bernt Bratsberg & Erling Barth & Oddbjørn Raaum, 2006.
"Local Unemployment and the Relative Wages of Immigrants: Evidence from the Current Population Surveys,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 88(2), pages 243-263, May.
- Barth, Erling & Bratsberg, Bernt & Raaum, Oddbjørn, 2003. "Local Unemployment and the Relative Wages of Immigrants: Evidence from the Current Population Surveys," Memorandum 20/2002, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Olga Lazareva, 2015. "Russian migrants to Russia: assimilation and local labor market effects," IZA Journal of Migration and Development, Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 4(1), pages 1-25, December.
- Sónia Cabral & Cláudia Duarte, 2013. "Mind the gap! The relative wages of immigrants in the Portuguese labour market," Working Papers w201305, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Jacob A. Mincer, 1974. "Schooling, Experience, and Earnings," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number minc74-1, April.
- Meng, Xin & Zhang, Junsen, 2001. "The Two-Tier Labor Market in Urban China: Occupational Segregation and Wage Differentials between Urban Residents and Rural Migrants in Shanghai," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 485-504, September.
- Hanson, Gordon H., 2005. "Why Does Immigration Divide America? Public Finance and Political Opposition to Open Borders," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 4000.
- Alan S. Blinder, 1973. "Wage Discrimination: Reduced Form and Structural Estimates," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 8(4), pages 436-455.
- repec:eee:rujoec:v:3:y:2017:i:1:p:83-100 is not listed on IDEAS
- Commander, Simon & Denisova, Irina, 2012. "Are Skills a Constraint on Firms? New Evidence from Russia," IZA Discussion Papers 7041, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Florian Lehmer & Johannes Ludsteck, 2011. "The Immigrant Wage Gap in Germany: Are East Europeans Worse Off?," ERSA conference papers ersa10p769, European Regional Science Association.
More about this item
Keywordsimmigrant background; sectoral segregation; earning differential; labor demand; Russia;
- J15 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Minorities, Races, Indigenous Peoples, and Immigrants; Non-labor Discrimination
- J21 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Force and Employment, Size, and Structure
- J23 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Demand
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:apltrx:0297. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anatoly Peresetsky). General contact details of provider: http://appliedeconometrics.cemi.rssi.ru/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.