Wage discrimination against immigrants in Austria?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Helmut Hofer & Gerlinde Titelbach & Rudolf Winter-Ebmer & Alexander Ahammer, 2017. "Wage Discrimination Against Immigrants in Austria?," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 31(2), pages 105-126, June.
- Helmut Hofer & Gerlinde Titelbach & Rudolf Winter-Ebmer, 2014. "Wage discrimination against immigrants in Austria?," NRN working papers 2014-07, The Austrian Center for Labor Economics and the Analysis of the Welfare State, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dustmann, Christian & Glitz, Albrecht & Vogel, Thorsten, 2010.
"Employment, wages, and the economic cycle: Differences between immigrants and natives,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 1-17, January.
- Christian Dustmann & Albrecht Glitz & Thorsten Vogel, 2006. "Employment, Wages, and the Economic Cycle: Differences between Immigrants and Natives," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 0609, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Dustmann, Christian & Glitz, Albrecht & Vogel, Thorsten, 2009. "Employment, Wages, and the Economic Cycle: Differences between Immigrants and Natives," IZA Discussion Papers 4432, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Chiswick, Barry R, 1978. "The Effect of Americanization on the Earnings of Foreign-born Men," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(5), pages 897-921, October.
- Borjas, George J, 1985. "Assimilation, Changes in Cohort Quality, and the Earnings of Immigrants," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 3(4), pages 463-489, October.
- Robert J. R. Elliott & Joanne K. Lindley, 2008. "Immigrant wage differentials, ethnicity and occupational segregation," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 171(3), pages 645-671.
- Oaxaca, Ronald, 1973. "Male-Female Wage Differentials in Urban Labor Markets," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 14(3), pages 693-709, October.
- Jahn, Elke & Hirsch, Boris, 2012.
"Is there monopsonistic discrimination against immigrants? First evidence from linked employer employee data,"
Annual Conference 2012 (Goettingen): New Approaches and Challenges for the Labor Market of the 21st Century
65417, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Hirsch, Boris & Jahn, Elke J., 2012. "Is There Monopsonistic Discrimination against Immigrants? First Evidence from Linked Employer-Employee Data," IZA Discussion Papers 6472, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Hirsch, Boris & Jahn, Elke J., 2012. "Is there monopsonistic discrimination against immigrants? First evidence from linked employer-employee data," Discussion Papers 79, Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Chair of Labour and Regional Economics.
- Alan S. Blinder, 1973. "Wage Discrimination: Reduced Form and Structural Estimates," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 8(4), pages 436-455.
- Zweimuller, J & Winter-Ebmer, R, 1994.
"Gender Wage Differentials in Private and Public Sector Jobs,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 7(3), pages 271-285, July.
- Zweimuller, Jopsef & Winter- Ebmer, Rudolf, 1993. "Gender Wage Differentials in Private and Public Sector Jobs," Institute for Research on Labor and Employment, Working Paper Series qt7ps0140j, Institute of Industrial Relations, UC Berkeley.
- repec:iab:iabjlr:v:46:i:1:p:19-34 is not listed on IDEAS
- Helena Skyt Nielsen & Michael Rosholm & Nina Smith & Leif Husted, 2004.
"Qualifications, discrimination, or assimilation? An extended framework for analysing immigrant wage gaps,"
Springer, vol. 29(4), pages 855-883, December.
- Nielsen, Helena Skyt & Rosholm, Michael & Smith, Nina & Husted, Leif, 2001. "Qualifications, Discrimination, or Assimilation? An Extended Framework for Analysing Immigrant Wage Gaps," IZA Discussion Papers 365, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Böheim, René & Himpele, Klemens & Mahringer, Helmut & Zulehner, Christine, 2013. "The distribution of the gender wage gap in Austria : evidence from matched employer-employee data and tax records," Journal for Labour Market Research, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany], vol. 46(1), pages 19-34.
- repec:spr:testjl:v:46:y:2013:i:1:p:19-34 is not listed on IDEAS
- Karolin Krause & Thomas Liebig, 2011. "The Labour Market Integration of Immigrants and their Children in Austria," OECD Social, Employment and Migration Working Papers 127, OECD Publishing.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Christl, Michael & Köppl-Turyna, Monika & Gnan, Phillipp, 2017.
"Wage Differences Between Immigrants and Natives in Austria: The Role of Literacy Skills,"
GLO Discussion Paper Series
145, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Christl, Michael & Köppl-Turyna, Monika & Gnan, Phillipp, 2017. "Wage differences between immigrants and natives in Austria: The role of literacy skills," Working Papers 12, Agenda Austria.
- Polyakova, Evgeniya & Smirnykh, Larisa, 2016. "The earning differential between natives and individuals with immigrant background in Russia: The role of ethnicity," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 43, pages 52-72.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-11-07 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jku:econwp:2014_06. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (René Böheim). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vlinzat.html .