An Assessment of the Closer Economic Partnership Arrangement Between China and Hong Kong
In 2004, China and Hong Kong established a free trade agreement (FTA) called the Closer Economic Partnership Arrangement, intended to phase out all trade barriers to trade and investment between them. This research uses a computational general equilibrium model to evaluate the effects of the FTA on the Hong Kong and Chinese economies. The results indicate that Hong Kong improves its exports to China and gains in welfare at China's expense.
Volume (Year): 40 (2007)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://mesharpe.metapress.com/link.asp?target=journal&id=110901|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dean A. DeRosa & John P. Gilbert, 2005. "Predicting Trade Expansion under FTAs and Multilateral Agreements," Working Paper Series WP05-13, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Ianchovichina, Elena, 2002.
"Trade policy analysis in the presence of duty drawbacks,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
3312, The World Bank.
- Ianchovichina, Elena, 2004. "Trade policy analysis in the presence of duty drawbacks," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 353-371, April.
- Peter J. Lloyd & Donald Maclaren, 2004. "Gains and Losses from Regional Trading Agreements: A Survey," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 80(251), pages 445-467, December.
- Elena Ianchovichina & Terrie Walmsley, 2005.
"Impact of China's WTO Accession on East Asia,"
Contemporary Economic Policy,
Western Economic Association International, vol. 23(2), pages 261-277, 04.
- Jian Zhang & Hung-Gay Fung & Donald Kummer, 2006. "Can Renminbi Appreciation Reduce the US Trade Deficit?," China & World Economy, Institute of World Economics and Politics, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, vol. 14(1), pages 44-56.
- Francesco Bosello & Jian Zhang, 2005. "Assessing Climate Change Impacts: Agriculture," Working Papers 2005.94, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Gary Clyde Hufbauer & Yee Wong, 2005. "Prospects for Regional Free Trade in Asia," Working Paper Series WP05-12, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Hertel, Thomas & David Hummels & Maros Ivanic & Roman Keeney, 2003.
"How Confident Can We Be in CGE-Based Assessments of Free Trade Agreements?,"
GTAP Working Papers
1324, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University.
- Hertel, Thomas & Hummels, David & Ivanic, Maros & Keeney, Roman, 2007. "How confident can we be of CGE-based assessments of Free Trade Agreements?," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 611-635, July.
- Thomas Hertel & David Hummels & Maros Ivanic & Roman Keeney, 2004. "How Confident Can We Be in CGE-Based Assessments of Free Trade Agreements?," NBER Working Papers 10477, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Argy, V. & Mckibbin, W. & Siegloff, E., 1989. "Exchange Rate Regimes For Small Economy In A Multi-Country World," Princeton Studies in International Economics 67, International Economics Section, Departement of Economics Princeton University,.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mes:chinec:v:40:y:2007:i:2:p:36-50. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Nguyen)The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Chris Nguyen to update the entry or send us the correct address
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.