Predicting Trade Expansion under FTAs and Multilateral Agreements
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Diao, Xinshen & Somwaru, Agapi, 2000. "An Inquiry on General Equilibrium Effects of MERCOSUR--An Intertemporal World Model," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 557-588, September.
- James E. Anderson & Eric van Wincoop, 2004. "Trade Costs," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 42(3), pages 691-751, September.
- Jeffrey J. Schott (ed.), 2004. "Free Trade Agreements: US Strategies and Priorities," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 375.
- Andrew K. Rose, 2004.
"Do We Really Know That the WTO Increases Trade?,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 94(1), pages 98-114, March.
- Rose, Andrew K, 2002. "Do We Really Know that the WTO Increases Trade?," CEPR Discussion Papers 3538, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Andrew K. Rose, 2002. "Do We Really Know that the WTO Increases Trade?," NBER Working Papers 9273, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrew K. Rose, 2002. "Do We Really KNow that the WTO Increases Trade?," Working Papers 182002, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel, 1997. "Regional Trading Blocs in the World Economic System," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 72.
- Robert Scollay & John P. Gilbert, 2001.
"New Regional Trading Arrangements in the Asia Pacific?,"
Peterson Institute Press: Policy Analyses in International Economics,
Peterson Institute for International Economics, number pa63, October.
- Robert Scollay & John P. Gilbert, 2001. "New Regional Trading Arrangements in the Asia Pacific?," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number pa63.
- Greenaway, David & Milner, Chris, 2002. "Regionalism and Gravity," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 49(5), pages 574-585, December.
- Francois, Joseph & McDonald, Brad & Nordström, Håkan, 1996. "A User's Guide to Uruguay Round Assessments," CEPR Discussion Papers 1410, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hertel, Thomas, 1997. "Global Trade Analysis: Modeling and applications," GTAP Books, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University, number 7685.
- Arvind Panagariya, 2000. "Preferential Trade Liberalization: The Traditional Theory and New Developments," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 38(2), pages 287-331, June.
- Scott C. Bradford & Paul L. E. Grieco & Gary Clyde Hufbauer, 2006. "The Payoff to America from Globalisation," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(7), pages 893-916, July.
- John Gilbert & Thomas Wahl, 2002. "Applied General Equilibrium Assessments of Trade Libereralisation in China," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(5), pages 697-731, May.
- David G. Mayes, 1978. "The Effects Of Economic Integration On Trade," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(1), pages 1-25, September.
- Peter Egger, 2002.
"An Econometric View on the Estimation of Gravity Models and the Calculation of Trade Potentials,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(2), pages 297-312, February.
- Peter Egger, 2001. "An Econometric View on the Estimation of Gravity Models and the Calculation of Trade Potentials," WIFO Working Papers 141, WIFO.
- Mary E. Burfisher & Sherman Robinson & Karen Thierfelder, 2001. "The Impact of NAFTA on the United States," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 15(1), pages 125-144, Winter.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Berthold Busch & Jürgen Matthes, 2016. "Brexit: The Economic Impact – A Survey," CESifo Forum, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 17(2), pages 37-44, August.
- Abbott, Philip & Bentzen, Jeanet & Tarp, Finn, 2009. "Trade and Development: Lessons from Vietnam's Past Trade Agreements," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 341-353, February.
- Innwon Park, 2006. "East Asian Regional Trade Agreements: Do They Promote Global Free Trade?," Pacific Economic Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(4), pages 547-568, December.
- Sami Bensassi & José de Sousa & Joachim Jarreau, 2013. "Preferential Trade Agreements Proliferation: Sorting out the Effects," Working Papers 2013-04, CEPII research center.
- Zhuang, Renan & Koo, Won W., 2006. "Impacts of Sugar Free Trade Agreements on the U.S. Sugar Industry," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21486, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Zhuang, Renan & Koo, Won W., 2007. "Implications of Growth in China for the U.S. and Other Countries," 2007 Annual Meeting, July 29-August 1, 2007, Portland, Oregon 10257, Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- DJEMMO FOTSO, Arnaud, 2014. "The potential effects of the ECCAS Free Trade Area on Trade Flows," MPRA Paper 59863, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Scott L. BAIER & Jeffrey H. BERGSTRAND & Peter EGGER, 2009. "The Growth Of Regional Economic Integration Agreements And The Middle East," Region et Developpement, Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var, vol. 29, pages 11-30.
- Indira M. Hapsari & Carlos Mangunsong, 2006. "Determinants of AFTA Members’ Trade Flows and Potential for Trade Diversion," ARTNeT Working Papers 21, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP).
- Elena IANCHOVICHINA & Will MARTIN, 2006. "Trade Impacts of China's World Trade Organization Accession," Asian Economic Policy Review, Japan Center for Economic Research, vol. 1(1), pages 45-65, June.
- Tamini, Lota & Ghazalian, Pascal & Gervais, Jean-Philippe & Larue, Bruno, 2006. "Domestic support and tariff reductions in the presence of non-tariff barriers: A gravity model for primary and processed agricultural products," MPRA Paper 2743, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Dec 2006.
- Indira M. Hapsari & Carlos Mangunsong, 2006. "Determinants of AFTA Members’ Trade Flows and Potential for Trade Diversion," Working Papers 2106, Asia-Pacific Research and Training Network on Trade (ARTNeT), an initiative of UNESCAP and IDRC, Canada..
- Berthold Busch & Jürgen Matthes, 2016. "Brexit: The Economic Impact – A Survey," CESifo Forum, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 17(02), pages 37-44, August.
- Hung-Gay Fung & Jian Zhang, 2007. "An Assessment of the Closer Economic Partnership Arrangement Between China and Hong Kong," Chinese Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(2), pages 36-50, April.
- Scott L. Baier & Jeffrey H. Bergstrand & Peter Egger & Patrick A. McLaughlin, 2008. "Do Economic Integration Agreements Actually Work? Issues in Understanding the Causes and Consequences of the Growth of Regionalism," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(4), pages 461-497, April.
More about this item
Keywordsgravity models; CGE models; regional trading arrangements;
- C68 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computable General Equilibrium Models
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- F17 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Forecasting and Simulation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-INT-2005-11-05 (International Trade)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iie:wpaper:wp05-13. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peterson Institute webmaster). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iieeeus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.