Estimation of the Gravity Equation of Bilateral Trade in the Presence of Zero Flows
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jacob A. Bikker & Aart F. De Vos, 1992. "An international trade flow model with zero observations: an extension of the Tobit model," Brussels Economic Review, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles, vol. 135, pages 379-404.
- James E. Anderson & Eric van Wincoop, 2004. "Trade Costs," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 42(3), pages 691-751, September.
- Andrew K. Rose, 2004.
"Do We Really Know That the WTO Increases Trade?,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 94(1), pages 98-114, March.
- Rose, Andrew K, 2002. "Do We Really Know that the WTO Increases Trade?," CEPR Discussion Papers 3538, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Andrew K. Rose, 2002. "Do We Really Know that the WTO Increases Trade?," NBER Working Papers 9273, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrew K. Rose, 2002. "Do We Really KNow that the WTO Increases Trade?," Working Papers 182002, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Andrew K. Rose, 2000. "One money, one market: the effect of common currencies on trade," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 15(30), pages 7-46, April.
- Cragg, John G, 1971. "Some Statistical Models for Limited Dependent Variables with Application to the Demand for Durable Goods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 39(5), pages 829-844, September.
- Soloaga, Isidro & Alan Wintersb, L., 2001.
"Regionalism in the nineties: what effect on trade?,"
The North American Journal of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 1-29, March.
- Soloaga, Isidro & Winters, L. Alan, 1999. "Regionalism in the Nineties: What Effect on Trade?," CEPR Discussion Papers 2183, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Barry Eichengreen & Douglas A. Irwin, 1998. "The Role of History in Bilateral Trade Flows," NBER Chapters,in: The Regionalization of the World Economy, pages 33-62 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James E. Anderson & Douglas Marcouiller, 2002.
"Insecurity And The Pattern Of Trade: An Empirical Investigation,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 84(2), pages 342-352, May.
- James E. Anderson & Douglas Marcouiller, S.J., 1999. "Insecurity and the Pattern of Trade: An Empirical Investigation," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 418, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 03 Aug 2000.
- Rauch, James E., 1999. "Networks versus markets in international trade," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 7-35, June.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Sigelman, Lee & Zeng, Langche, 1999. "Analyzing Censored and Sample-Selected Data with Tobit and Heckit Models," Political Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(02), pages 167-182, December.
- Bikker, Jacob A, 1987. "An International Trade Flow Model with Substitution: An Extension of the Gravity Model," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(3), pages 315-337.
- Wang, Zhen Kun & Winters, L. Alan, 1991. "The Trading Potential of Eastern Europe," CEPR Discussion Papers 610, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Martin Grančay & Nóra Grančay & Jana Drutarovská & Ladislav Mura, 2015.
"Gravitačný model zahraničného obchodu českej a slovenskej republiky 1995-2012: ako sa zmenili determinanty obchodu?
[Gravity Model of Trade of the Czech and Slovak Republics 1995-2012: How Have Det," Politická ekonomie, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2015(6), pages 759-777.
- Nicolas DEBARSY & Jean-Yves GNABO & Malik KERKOUR, 2016.
"Sovereign Wealth Funds’ cross-border investments: assessing the role of country-level drivers and spatial competition,"
LEO Working Papers / DR LEO
2173, Orleans Economics Laboratory / Laboratoire d'Economie d'Orleans (LEO), University of Orleans.
- Nicolas Debarsy & Jean-Yves Gnabo & Malik Kerkour, 2016. "Sovereign Wealth Funds’ cross-border investments: assessing the role of country-level drivers and spatial competition," Working Papers hal-01251243, HAL.
- Rodolfo Metulini & Massimo Riccaboni & Paolo Sgrignoli & Zhen Zhu, 2017.
"The Indirect Effects of FDI on Trade: A Network Perspective,"
04/2017, IMT Institute for Advanced Studies Lucca, revised Mar 2017.
- Paolo Sgrignoli & Rodolfo Metulini & Zhen Zhu & Massimo Riccaboni, 2017. "The Indirect Effects of FDI on Trade: A Network Perspective," Papers 1705.02187, arXiv.org.
- Michele Fratianni & Francesco Marchionne, 2012.
"Trade Costs and Economic Development,"
Clark University, vol. 88(2), pages 137-163, April.
- Michele Fratianni & Francesco Marchionne, 2011. "Trade Costs and Economic Development," Working Papers 2011-01, Indiana University, Kelley School of Business, Department of Business Economics and Public Policy.
- Michele Fratianni & Francesco Marchionne, 2011. "Trade Costs and Economic Development," Mo.Fi.R. Working Papers 54, Money and Finance Research group (Mo.Fi.R.) - Univ. Politecnica Marche - Dept. Economic and Social Sciences.
- Mireille NTSAMA ETOUNDI, 2014.
"Impact de la rente pétrolière sur la demande des pays frontaliers du Cameroun,"
- Mireille S. Ntsama Etoundi, 2015. "Impact de la rente pétrolière sur la demande des pays frontaliers du Cameroun," Working Papers halshs-01027500, HAL.
- Jienwatcharamongkhol, Viroj, 2012.
"Distance Sensitivity of Export: A Firm-Product Level Approach,"
2012:33, Lund University, Department of Economics.
- Jienwatcharamongkhol, Viroj, 2013. "Distance Sensitivity of Export: A Firm-Product Level Approach," Ratio Working Papers 220, The Ratio Institute.
- Bo Chen & Yao Li, 2014. "Special Issue: Issues in Asia. Guest Editor: Laixun Zhao," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(2), pages 326-339, May.
- Röttgers, Dirk & Grote, Ulrike, 2014. "Africa and the Clean Development Mechanism: What Determines Project Investments?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 201-212.
- Kareem, Fatima Olanike & Martinez-Zarzoso, Inmaculada & Brümmer, Bernhard, 2016. "Protecting Health or Protecting Imports? Evidence from EU Non-Tariff Barriers," Discussion Papers 241267, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
- Marie Daumal & Soledad Zignago, 2010. "Measure and determinants of border effects of Brazilian states," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 89(4), pages 735-758, November.
- Wei, Duan & Chao, He & Yali, Wen, 2016. "Role of income diversification in reducing forest reliance: Evidence from 1838 rural households in China," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(C), pages 68-79.
- Mujahid, Irfan & Kalkuhl, Matthias, 2015. "Do the WTO and RTAs Promote Food Trade?," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 212509, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Biró, Flóra Panna & Márkus, Ádám & Erdey, László, 2016. "A kormányzás hatása a közvetlen külföldi tőkebefektetésekre Latin-Amerikában," MPRA Paper 80025, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jienwatcharamongkhol, Viroj, 2012. "Distance Sensitivity of Export: A Firm-Product Level Approach," Ratio Working Papers 201, The Ratio Institute.
- Turan Subasat & Sotirios Bellos, 2013. "Governance and foreign direct investment in Latin America: A panel gravity model approach," Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía, Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 50(1), pages 107-131, May.
- Chen, Yiu Por (Vincent), 2015. "Fiscal Decentralization, Rural Industrialization, and Undocumented Labor Mobility in Rural China (1982-87)," IZA Discussion Papers 9024, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Viroj Jienwatcharamongkhol, 2014. "Distance Sensitivity of Export: A Firm-Product Level Approach," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 14(4), pages 531-554, December.
- Pfeiffer, Birte & Mulder, Peter, 2013.
"Explaining the diffusion of renewable energy technology in developing countries,"
Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 285-296.
- Birte Pohl & Peter Mulder, 2013. "Explaining the Diffusion of Renewable Energy Technology in Developing Countries," GIGA Working Paper Series 217, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies.
- Mogilat, A. & Salnikov, V., 2015. "Trade Effects Estimation for the Case of Eurasian Economic Space Countries: Application of Regional Gravity Model," Journal of the New Economic Association, New Economic Association, vol. 27(3), pages 80-108.
- Gunes Gokmen, 2012. "Economic Clash? The Role of Cultural Cleavages in Bilateral Trade Relations," EcoMod2012 4252, EcoMod.
- Zahoor Ul Haq & Karl Meilke, 2011. "Does the Linder effect hold for differentiated agri-food and beverage product trade?," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(27), pages 4095-4109.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wiw:wiwrsa:ersa06p746. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gunther Maier). General contact details of provider: http://www.ersa.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.