Education and economic growth in the United States: cross-national applications for an intra-national path analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Scott L. Baier & Sean Mulholland & Chad Turner & Robert Tamura, 2004. "Income and education of the states of the United States: 1840–2000," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2004-31, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Hanushek, Eric A & Rivkin, Steven G & Taylor, Lori L, 1996.
"Aggregation and the Estimated Effects of School Resources,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 78(4), pages 611-627, November.
- Hanushek, E-A & Rivkin, S-G & Taylor, L-L, 1995. "Aggregation and the Estimated Effects of School Resources," RCER Working Papers 397, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Eric A. Hanushek & Steven G. Rivkin & Lori L. Taylor, 1996. "Aggregation and the Estimated Effects of School Resources," NBER Working Papers 5548, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gary S. Becker, 1962. "Investment in Human Capital: A Theoretical Analysis," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 70, pages 1-9.
- Lutz Hendricks, 2004.
"Why does educational attainment differ across U.S. states?,"
2004 Meeting Papers
361, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Lutz Hendricks, 2004. "Why Does Educational Attainment Differ Across U.S. States?," CESifo Working Paper Series 1335, CESifo Group Munich.
- Gramlich, Edward M, 1994. "Infrastructure Investment: A Review Essay," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 32(3), pages 1176-1196, September.
- Caroline M. Hoxby, 2000. "The Effects of Class Size on Student Achievement: New Evidence from Population Variation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 115(4), pages 1239-1285.
- Mincer, Jacob, 1997.
"The Production of Human Capital and the Life Cycle of Earnings: Variations on a Theme,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 15(1), pages 26-47, January.
- Jacob Mincer, 1994. "The Production of Human Capital and the Lifecycle of Earnings: Variations on a Theme," NBER Working Papers 4838, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Oded Galor & Omer Moav, 2000.
"Ability-Biased Technological Transition, Wage Inequality, and Economic Growth,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 115(2), pages 469-497.
- Oded Galor & Omer Moav, 1998. "Ability Biased Technological Transition, Wage Inequality, and Economic Growth," Working Papers 98-14, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Coulombe, S. & Tremblay, J.-F., 1999. "Human Capital and Regional Convergence in Canada," Working Papers 9906e, University of Ottawa, Department of Economics.
- Donald Morgan & Bertrand Rime & Philip Strahan, 2003. "Bank Integration and State Business Cycles," NBER Working Papers 9704, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Beverly Hirtle & Christopher Metli, 2004. "The evolution of U.S. bank branch networks: growth, consolidation, and strategy," Current Issues in Economics and Finance, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, vol. 10(Jul).
- Ronald Moomaw & J. Mullen & Martin Williams, 2002. "Human and knowledge capital: A contribution to the empirics of state economic growth," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 30(1), pages 48-60, March.
- Rajkumar, Andrew Sunil & Swaroop, Vinaya, 2008. "Public spending and outcomes: Does governance matter?," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 86(1), pages 96-111, April.
- Claudia Goldin & Lawrence F. Katz, 2001. "The shaping of higher education in the United States and New England," Regional Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Q 4, pages 5-11.
- Clark Nardinelli & Myles Wallace & John Warner, 1987. "Explaining differences in state growth: Catching up versus Olson," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 52(3), pages 201-213, January.
- Crihfield, John B. & Giertz, J. Fred & Mehta, Shekhar, 1995. "Economic growth in the American states: The end of convergence?," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(35), pages 551-577.
- Dholakia, Ruby Roy & Harlam, Bari, 1994. "Telecommunications and economic development: Econometric analysis of the US experience," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 470-477, August.
- Alan B. Krueger, 2003. "Economic Considerations and Class Size," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 113(485), pages 34-63, February.
- Murray, Sheila E. & Rueben, Kim & Rosenberg, Carol, 2007. "State Education Spending: Current Pressures and Future Trends," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 60(2), pages 325-345, June.
- W. Robert Reed, 2009.
"The Determinants Of U.S. State Economic Growth: A Less Extreme Bounds Analysis,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 47(4), pages 685-700, October.
- W. Robert Reed, 2006. "The Determinants of U. S. State Economic Growth: A Less Extreme Bounds Analysis," Working Papers in Economics 06/05, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Dale W. Jorgenson & Kevin J. Stiroh, 2000.
"Raising the Speed Limit: U.S. Economic Growth in the Information Age,"
Brookings Papers on Economic Activity,
Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 31(1), pages 125-236.
- Dale W. Jorgenson & Kevin J. Stiroh, 2000. "Raising the Speed Limit: US Economic Growth in the Information Age," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 261, OECD Publishing.
- Jorgenson, Dale W & Fraumeni, Barbara M, 1992. " Investment in Education and U.S. Economic Growth," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 94(0), pages 51-70, Supplemen.
- Jacques Poot, 2000. "A Synthesis of Empirical Research on the Impact of Government onLong-Run Growth," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(4), pages 516-546.
- Ronald C. Fisher, 1997. "Effects of state and local public services on economic development," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Mar, pages 53-82.
- Eric A. Hanushek, 2003. "The Failure of Input-Based Schooling Policies," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 113(485), pages 64-98, February.
- Donald P. Morgan & Bertrand Rime & Philip E. Strahan, 2004. "Bank Integration and State Business Cycles," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 119(4), pages 1555-1584.
- Jonathan Temple, 1999. "The New Growth Evidence," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 37(1), pages 112-156, March.
- Michael F. Lovenheim, 2009. "The Effect of Teachers' Unions on Education Production: Evidence from Union Election Certifications in Three Midwestern States," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 27(4), pages 525-587, October.
- Gonzalez-Paramo, Jose Manuel & Martinez, Diego, 2003. "Convergence across Spanish Regions: New Evidence on the Effects of Public Investment," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 33(2), pages 184-205.
- Heckman, James & Layne-Farrar, Anne & Todd, Petra, 1996. "Human Capital Pricing Equations with an Application to Estimating the Effect of Schooling Quality on Earnings," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 78(4), pages 562-610, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yousra Mekdad & Aziz Dahmani & Monir Louadj, 2014. "Public spending on education and Economic Growth in Algeria: Causality Test," Proceedings of International Academic Conferences 0101002, International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences.
- John J. McCreary & Julianne M. Edwards & Gregory J. Marchant, 2015. "Inequality, SES, economic indicators, and student achievement," Review of Applied Socio-Economic Research, Pro Global Science Association, vol. 9(1), pages 58-65, June.
- Harpaljit Kaur & Baharom A.H & Muzafar Shah Habibullah, 2014. "Linkages between education expenditure and economic growth: Evidence from CHINDIA," E3 Journal of Business Management and Economics., E3 Journals, vol. 5(5), pages 109-119.
More about this item
KeywordsEducation; Economic growth; Cross-national; Per capita income; United States;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:policy:v:41:y:2008:i:3:p:183-204. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .