Public spending on education and Economic Growth in Algeria: Causality Test
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Yakita, Akira, 2004. "Elasticity of substitution in public capital formation and economic growth," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 391-408, September.
- Elsa V. Artadi & Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 2003.
"The Economic Tragedy of the XXth Century: Growth in Africa,"
NBER Working Papers
9865, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Elsa V. Artadi & Xavier Sala-i-Martín, 2003. "The economic tragedy of the XXth Century: Growth in Africa," Economics Working Papers 684, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Dickey, David A & Fuller, Wayne A, 1981. "Likelihood Ratio Statistics for Autoregressive Time Series with a Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(4), pages 1057-1072, June.
- George Psacharopoulos & Harry Anthony Patrinos, 2004.
"Returns to investment in education: a further update,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(2), pages 111-134.
- Psacharopoulos, George & Patrinos, Harry Anthony, 2002. "Returns to investment in education : a further update," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2881, The World Bank.
- Vladimir Kuhl Teles & Joaquim Andrade, 2008.
"Public investment in basic education and economic growth,"
Journal of Economic Studies,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 35(4), pages 352-364, September.
- Vladimir Kühl Teles & Joaquim P. Andrade, 2004. "Public Investment In Basic Education And Economic Growth," Anais do XXXII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 32nd Brazilian Economics Meeting] 040, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Teles, Vladimir Kuhl & Andrade, Joaquim Pinto de, 2010. "Public investment in basic education and economic growth," Textos para discussão 230, FGV EESP - Escola de Economia de São Paulo, Fundação Getulio Vargas (Brazil).
- David E. Bloom & Jeffrey D. Sachs, 1998. "Geography, Demography, and Economic Growth in Africa," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 29(2), pages 207-296.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & David Romer & David N. Weil, 1992.
"A Contribution to the Empirics of Economic Growth,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 107(2), pages 407-437.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & David Romer & David Weil, 1990. "A Contribution to the Empirics of Economic Growth," Working Papers 1990-24, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & David Romer & David N. Weil, 1990. "A Contribution to the Empirics of Economic Growth," NBER Working Papers 3541, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Benhabib, Jess & Spiegel, Mark M., 1994. "The role of human capital in economic development evidence from aggregate cross-country data," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 143-173, October.
- Glomm, Gerhard & Ravikumar, B., 1994. "Public investment in infrastructure in a simple growth model," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 1173-1187, November.
- Romer, Paul M, 1990. "Endogenous Technological Change," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(5), pages 71-102, October.
- Jeffrey D. Sachs & Andrew Warner, 1995.
"Economic Reform and the Process of Global Integration,"
Brookings Papers on Economic Activity,
Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 26(1, 25th A), pages 1-118.
- Jeffrey Sachs & Andrew Warner, 1995. "Economic Reform and the Progress of Global Integration," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1733, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Dawood Mamoon & S. Mansoob Murshed, 2009.
"Want economic growth with good quality institutions? Spend on education,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(4), pages 445-468.
- Mamoon, Dawood & Murshed, Mansoob, 2007. "Want Economic Growth with Good Quality Institutions? Spend on Education," MPRA Paper 3046, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Baier, Scott L. & Glomm, Gerhard, 2001. "Long-run growth and welfare effects of public policies with distortionary taxation," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 25(12), pages 2007-2042, December.
- Norman Baldwin & Stephen Borrelli, 2008. "Education and economic growth in the United States: cross-national applications for an intra-national path analysis," Policy Sciences, Springer;Society of Policy Sciences, vol. 41(3), pages 183-204, September.
- Fukase, Emiko, 2010. "Revisiting Linkages between Openness, Education and Economic Growth: System GMM Approach," Journal of Economic Integration, Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 25, pages 193-222.
- Gyimah-Brempong, Kwabena & Wilson, Mark, 2004. "Health human capital and economic growth in Sub-Saharan African and OECD countries," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 296-320, May.
- Su, Xuejuan, 2004. "The allocation of public funds in a hierarchical educational system," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 28(12), pages 2485-2510, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kouton, Jeffrey, 2018. "Education expenditure and economic growth: Some empirical evidence from Côte d’Ivoire," MPRA Paper 88350, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sunde, Tafirenyika, 2017. "Education Expenditure and Economic Growth in Mauritius: An Application of the Bounds Testing Approach," MPRA Paper 86667, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic Growth; Public spending on education; Co-integration Analysis; Causality Tests.;
- A10 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - General
- A20 - General Economics and Teaching - - Economic Education and Teaching of Economics - - - General
- C59 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Other
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ARA-2015-03-27 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-FDG-2015-03-27 (Financial Development & Growth)
- NEP-GRO-2015-03-27 (Economic Growth)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sek:iacpro:0101002. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Klara Cermakova). General contact details of provider: https://iises.net/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.