Economic, Political, and Institutional Prerequisites for Monetary Union Among the Members of the Gulf Cooperation Council
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Willem H. Buiter, 2010. "Economic, Political and Institutional Prerequisites for Monetary Union Among the Members of the Gulf Cooperation Council," Chapters,in: Currency Union and Exchange Rate Issues, chapter 3 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Buiter, Willem H., 2008. "Economic, Political, and Institutional Prerequisites for Monetary Union Among the Members of the Gulf Cooperation Council," CEPR Discussion Papers 6639, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Abdulghaffar, Mahmood & Al-Ubaydli, Omar & Mahmood, Omar, 2014. "The Malfunctioning of the Gulf Cooperation Council Single Market: Features, Causes and Remedies," MPRA Paper 55413, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Roel Beetsma & Massimo Giuliodori, 2010.
"The Macroeconomic Costs and Benefits of the EMU and Other Monetary Unions: An Overview of Recent Research,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 48(3), pages 603-641, September.
- Beetsma, Roel & Giuliodori, Massimo, 2009. "The Macroeconomic Costs and Benefits of the EMU and other Monetary Unions: An Overview of Recent Research," CEPR Discussion Papers 7500, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- George S. Tavlas, 2009.
"The Benefits And Costs Of Monetary Union In Southern Africa: A Critical Survey Of The Literature,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(1), pages 1-43, February.
- George S. Tavlas, 2008. "The Benefits and Costs of Monetary Union in Southern Africa: A Critical Survey of the Literature," Working Papers 70, Bank of Greece.
- repec:bla:worlde:v:40:y:2017:i:10:p:2153-2171 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zerihun, Mulatu F. & Breitenbach, Marthinus C., 2016. "Nonlinear approaches in testing PPP: Evidence from Southern African development community," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 162-167.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel, 2017.
"The Currency-Plus-Commodity Basket: A Proposal for Exchange Rates in Oil-exporting Countries to Accommodate Trade Shocks Automatically,"
1111, Economic Research Forum, revised 06 2017.
- Jeffrey Frankel, 2017. "The Currency-Plus-Commodity Basket; A Proposal for Exchange Rates in Oil-Exporting Countries to Accommodate Trade Shocks Automatically," CID Working Papers 333, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- M. Kabir Hassan & Ashraf Nakibullah & Abul Hassan, 2013. "Sterilisation and Monetary Control by the GCC Member Countries," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(12), pages 1566-1587, December.
- Rafiq, M.S., 2011. "The optimality of a gulf currency union: Commonalities and idiosyncrasies," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(1-2), pages 728-740, January.
- Ben Naceur, Sami & Bakardzhieva, Damyana & Kamar, Bassem, 2012. "Disaggregated Capital Flows and Developing Countries’ Competitiveness," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 223-237.
- Durevall, Dick, 2011. "East African Community: Pre-conditions for an Effective Monetary Union," Working Papers in Economics 520, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Takagi, Shinji, 2012. "Establishing Monetary Union in the Gulf Cooperation Council: What Lessons for Regional Cooperation?," ADBI Working Papers 390, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Rafiq, M.S., 2011. "The optimality of a gulf currency union: Commonalities and idiosyncrasies," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 728-740.
More about this item
KeywordsCurrency union; GCC; Convergence; Exchange rate regime; E42; E52; E63; F33; F42;
- E42 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Monetary Sytsems; Standards; Regimes; Government and the Monetary System
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
- E63 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Comparative or Joint Analysis of Fiscal and Monetary Policy; Stabilization; Treasury Policy
- F33 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Monetary Arrangements and Institutions
- F42 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - International Policy Coordination and Transmission
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:openec:v:19:y:2008:i:5:p:579-612. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .