The 'Sense and Nonsense of Maastricht' Revisited: What Have We Learnt About Stabilization In EMU?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Willem H. Buiter, 2006. "The 'Sense and Nonsense of Maastricht' Revisited: What Have we Learnt about Stabilization in EMU?," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44, pages 687-710, November.
References listed on IDEAS
- Schuknecht, Ludger & von Hagen, Jürgen & Bernoth, Kerstin, 2004.
"Sovereign risk premia in the European government bond market,"
Working Paper Series
369, European Central Bank.
- Bernoth, Kerstin & von Hagen, Jürgen & Schuknecht, Ludger, 2004. "Sovereign risk premia in the European government bond market," ZEI Working Papers B 26-2003, University of Bonn, ZEI - Center for European Integration Studies.
- Paul van den Noord, 2000. "The Size and Role of Automatic Fiscal Stabilizers in the 1990s and Beyond," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 230, OECD Publishing.
- Hughes Hallett, Andrew & McAdam, Peter, 1996. "Fiscal Deficit Reductions in Line with the Maastricht Criteria for Monetary Union: An Empirical Analysis," CEPR Discussion Papers 1351, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Uhlig, H.F.H.V.S., 2002.
"One Money, But Many Fiscal Policies in Europe : What are the Consequences?,"
2002-32, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Uhlig, Harald, 2002. "One Money, but Many Fiscal Policies in Europe: What Are the Consequences?," CEPR Discussion Papers 3296, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Eijffinger, Sylvester & Haan, Jakob de, 2000. "European Monetary and Fiscal Policy," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198776161.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fiorella Kostoris Padoa Schioppa, 2006. "The 2005 Reform of the Stability and Growth Pact: Too Little, Too Late?," Bruges European Economic Research Papers 6, European Economic Studies Department, College of Europe.
- Óscar Afonso & Rui Henrique Alves, 2006. "“To Deficit or Not to Deficit”: Should European Fiscal Rules Differ Among Countries?," FEP Working Papers 219, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Salma Slimani, 2016. "Threshold Effects of Fiscal Policy on Economic Activity in Developing Countries," International Journal of Business and Social Research, MIR Center for Socio-Economic Research, vol. 6(3), pages 20-37, March.
- Fabrice Capoen & Jérôme Creel, 2007.
"Efficiency of stability-oriented institutions: the European case,"
Sciences Po publications
N°2007-06, Sciences Po.
- Fabrice Capoen & Jerome Creel, 2007. "Efficiency of stability-oriented institutions: the European case," Documents de Travail de l'OFCE 2007-06, Observatoire Francais des Conjonctures Economiques (OFCE).
- Buti, Marco & Sapir, André, 2006. "Fiscal Policy in Europe: The Past and Future of EMU Rules from the Perspective of Musgrave and Buchanan," CEPR Discussion Papers 5830, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Willem H. Buiter, 2010.
"Economic, Political and Institutional Prerequisites for Monetary Union Among the Members of the Gulf Cooperation Council,"
Chapters,in: Currency Union and Exchange Rate Issues, chapter 3
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Willem Buiter, 2008. "Economic, Political, and Institutional Prerequisites for Monetary Union Among the Members of the Gulf Cooperation Council," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 19(5), pages 579-612, November.
- Buiter, Willem H., 2008. "Economic, Political, and Institutional Prerequisites for Monetary Union Among the Members of the Gulf Cooperation Council," CEPR Discussion Papers 6639, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Alberto Bagnai, 2010. "CEEC vs. PIGS: a comparative panel assessment of financial sustainability and twin deficits," Working Papers LuissLab 1088, Dipartimento di Economia e Finanza, LUISS Guido Carli.
- Borgersen, Trond-Arne & King, Roswitha M., 2014. "Structural origins of debt-sustainability in mature and transition economies: Domar, Balassa–Samuelson and Maastricht," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 101-119.
- Rui Alves & Oscar Afonso, 2007.
"The "New" Stability and Growth Pact: More Flexible, Less Stupid?,"
Intereconomics: Review of European Economic Policy,
Springer;German National Library of Economics;Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS), vol. 42(4), pages 218-225, July.
- Rui Henrique Alves & Óscar Afonso, 2006. "The “New” Stability and Growth Pact: More Flexible, Less Stupid?," FEP Working Papers 218, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- International Monetary Fund, 2008. "Inflation Differentials in the EU; A Common (Factors) Approach with Implications for EU8 Euro Adoption Prospects," IMF Working Papers 08/21, International Monetary Fund.
- Stracca, Livio & Ioannou, Demosthenes, 2011. "Have euro area and EU economic governance worked? Just the facts," Working Paper Series 1344, European Central Bank.
- Manuela Moschella, 2014. "Monitoring Macroeconomic Imbalances: Is EU Surveillance More Effective than IMF Surveillance?," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(6), pages 1273-1289, November.
- Elzbieta Szulc & Karolina Gorna & Dagna Wleklinska, 2016. "The share of European economies in the process of convergence of long-term interest rates in the EU in the period of 2006–2016," Dynamic Econometric Models, Uniwersytet Mikolaja Kopernika, vol. 16, pages 165-187.
- Slimani Salma & El Abbassi Idriss & Tounsi Said, 2016. "Threshold effects of fiscal policy on economic growth in developing countries," Journal of Economic and Financial Studies (JEFS), LAR Center Press, vol. 4(3), pages 24-37, June.
- Grégory Claeys & Zsolt Darvas & Alvaro Leandro, 2016. "A proposal to revive the European Fiscal Framework," Policy Contributions 13490, Bruegel.
- repec:spo:wpecon:info:hdl:2441/2977 is not listed on IDEAS
- Konrad Szelag, 2008. "A Single Fiscal Policy in the Euro Area: Vision or Utopia?," NBP Working Papers 46, Narodowy Bank Polski, Economic Research Department.
- Ioannou, Demosthenes & Stracca, Livio, 2014. "Have the euro area and EU governance worked? Just the facts," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 1-17.
More about this item
Keywordsexcessive deficit procedure; fiscal sustainability; macroeonomic stabilization; Stability and Growth Pact;
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
- E63 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Comparative or Joint Analysis of Fiscal and Monetary Policy; Stabilization; Treasury Policy
- F33 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Monetary Arrangements and Institutions
- F41 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Open Economy Macroeconomics
- F42 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - International Policy Coordination and Transmission
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-01-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-EEC-2006-01-24 (European Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2006-01-24 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2006-01-24 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpr:ceprdp:5405. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.