Is EMU more justifiable ex post than ex ante?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Frankel, Jeffrey A & Rose, Andrew K, 1998.
"The Endogeneity of the Optimum Currency Area Criteria,"
Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(449), pages 1009-1025, July.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel & Andrew K. Rose, 1996. "The Endogeneity of the Optimum Currency Area Criteria," NBER Working Papers 5700, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frankel, Jeffrey A & Rose, Andrew K, 1996. "The Endogeneity of the Optimum Currency Area Criteria," CEPR Discussion Papers 1473, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Nagayasu, Jun, 2010. "Macroeconomic interdependence in East Asia," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 219-227, December.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:6:y:2008:i:40:p:1-14 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fahrholz Christian & Freytag Andreas, 2014. "Finanzpolitik in Europa zwischen Subsidiarität und Vergemeinschaftung: Eine ordnungsökonomische Analyse / Between subsidiarity and Europeanization: An ordo-liberal perspective on financial policy," ORDO. Jahrbuch für die Ordnung von Wirtschaft und Gesellschaft, De Gruyter, vol. 65(1), pages 99-116, January.
- Antoni Estevadeordal & Christian Volpe Martincus, 2006. "Specialization and Diverging Manufacturing Structures: The Aftermath of Trade Policy Reforms in Developing Countries," Development Working Papers 220, Centro Studi Luca d'Agliano, University of Milano.
- Yung Chul Park, 2010. "RMB Internationalization and Its Implications for Financial and Monetary Cooperation in East Asia," China & World Economy, Institute of World Economics and Politics, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, vol. 18(2), pages 1-21, March.
- Sweta C. Saxena, 2005. "Are Optimal Currency Areas Optimal for All? A Reassessment of the Case for Asian Monetary Union," International Finance 0508003, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Marc Flandreau & Mathilde Maurel, 2005. "Monetary Union, Trade Integration, and Business Cycles in 19th Century Europe," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 135-152, April.
- Josef Christl, 2006. "Regional currency arrangements: insights from Europe," International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 3(3), pages 209-219, December.
- Michael Artis & Toshihiro Okubo, 2008.
"The Intranational Business Cycle: Evidence from Japan,"
Centre for Growth and Business Cycle Research Discussion Paper Series
101, Economics, The Univeristy of Manchester.
- Michael Artis & Toshihiro Okubo, 2008. "The Intranational Business Cycle: Evidence from Japan," Discussion Paper Series 221, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University.
- Michael Artis & Toshihiro Okubo, 2008. "The Intranational Business Cycle: Evidence from Japan," Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series d07-234, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Artis, Michael J & Okubo, Toshihiro, 2008. "The Intranational Business Cycle: Evidence from Japan," CEPR Discussion Papers 6686, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Çakır, Mustafa Yavuz & Kabundi, Alain, 2013.
"Trade shocks from BRIC to South Africa: A global VAR analysis,"
Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 190-202.
- Mustafa Yavuz Cakir & Alain Kabundi, 2011. "Trade Shocks from BRIC to South Africa: A Global VAR Analysis," Working Papers 250, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Khalifa Hassanain, 2015. "Special Drawing Right and Currency Risk Management," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 5(3), pages 780-785.
- Burda, Michael C., 1999.
"European labor markets and the Euro: How much flexibility do we really need?,"
SFB 373 Discussion Papers
1999,41, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Michael C. Burda, 2001. "European Labour Markets and the Euro: How Much Flexibility Do We Really Need?," Economics Working Papers 003, European Network of Economic Policy Research Institutes.
- Burda, Michael C, 1999. "European Labour Markets and the Euro: How Much Flexibility Do We Really Need?," CEPR Discussion Papers 2217, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jong-Wha Lee & Kwanho Shin, 2010. "Exchange Rate Regimes and Economic Linkages," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(1), pages 1-23.
- Torben Andersen & Martin Seneca, 2010.
"Labour Market Asymmetries in a Monetary Union,"
Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 21(4), pages 483-514, September.
- Andersen, Torben M. & Seneca, Martin, 2007. "Labour Market Asymmetries in a Monetary Union," Kiel Working Papers 1331, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Andersen, Torben M & Seneca, Martin, 2008. "Labour Market Asymmetries in a Monetary Union," CEPR Discussion Papers 6800, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Inklaar, Robert & Jong-A-Pin, Richard & de Haan, Jakob, 2008.
"Trade and business cycle synchronization in OECD countries--A re-examination,"
European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 52(4), pages 646-666, May.
- Robert Inklaar & Richard Jong-A-Pin & Jakob de Haan & Jakob de Haan, 2005. "Trade and Business Cycle Synchronization in OECD Countries - a Re-examination," CESifo Working Paper Series 1546, CESifo.
- Goggin, Jean & Siedschlag, Iulia, 2009. "International Transmission of Business Cycles Between Ireland and its Trading Partners," Papers WP279, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Herbert Buscher & Hubert Gabrisch, 2012. "The synchronization of wage dynamics across EMU members. A test of the endogeneity hypothesis," Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 39(3), pages 327-340, August.
- Oscar Bajo-Rubio & Carmen Díaz-Roldán, 2005.
"Characterizing macroeconomic shocks in the CEECs,"
Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 38(3), pages 227-234, December.
- Oscar Bajo-Rubio & Carmen Díaz-Roldán, "undated". "Characterizing macroeconomic shocks in the CEECs," Working Papers on International Economics and Finance 05-12, FEDEA.
- Oscar Bajo-Rubio & Carmen Díaz-Roldán, 2005. "CHARACTERIZING MACROECONOMIC SHOCKS IN THE CEECs," Working Papers 05-12, Asociación Española de Economía y Finanzas Internacionales.
- Tommaso Monacelli, 2000. "Relinquishing Monetary Policy Independence," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 483, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Alberto Alesina & Guido Tabellini & Francesco Trebbi, 2017. "Is Europe an Optimal Political Area?," CESifo Working Paper Series 6469, CESifo.
- Zhang, Yin & Wan, Guanghua, 2007. "What accounts for China's trade balance dynamics?," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 821-837.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eecrev:v:41:y:1997:i:3-5:p:753-760. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nithya Sathishkumar). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eer .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.