Factors Associated with Household Food Security in Zambia
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Santos, Florence & Fletschner, Diana & Savath, Vivien & Peterman, Amber, 2014. "Can Government-Allocated Land Contribute to Food Security? Intrahousehold Analysis of West Bengal’s Microplot Allocation Program," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 860-872.
- repec:oup:apecpp:v:37:y:2015:i:1:p:86-106 is not listed on IDEAS
- Michael L. Goodman & Beatrice J. Selwyn & Robert O. Morgan & Linda E. Lloyd & Moses Mwongera & Stanley Gitari & Philip H. Keiser, 2016. "Improved food quality, quantity and security among Kenyan orphans and vulnerable children: associations with participation in a multisectoral community-based program, age, gender, and sexual risk," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 8(2), pages 427-442, April.
- Babatunde, Raphael O. & Qaim, Matin, 2010. "Impact of off-farm income on food security and nutrition in Nigeria," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 303-311, August.
- Sitko, Nicholas J. & Chamberlin, Jordan & Hichaambwa, Munguzwe, 2014. "Does Smallholder Land Titling Facilitate Agricultural Growth?: An Analysis of the Determinants and Effects of Smallholder Land Titling in Zambia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 791-802.
- Merten, Sonja & Haller, Tobias, 2008. "Property rights, food security and child growth: Dynamics of insecurity in the Kafue Flats of Zambia," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 434-443, October.
- Garima Bhalla & Sudhanshu Handa & Gustavo Angeles & David Seidenfeld & UNICEF Office of Research - Innocenti, 2016. "The Effect of Cash Transfers and Household Vulnerability on Food Insecurity in Zimbabwe," Papers inwopa859, Innocenti Working Papers.
- Kafle, Kashi & Winter-Nelson, Alex & Goldsmith, Peter, 2016. "Does 25 cents more per day make a difference? The impact of livestock transfer and development in rural Zambia," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 62-72.
- Tibesigwa, Byela & Visser, Martine, 2016. "Assessing Gender Inequality in Food Security among Small-holder Farm Households in urban and rural South Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 33-49.
- Jeffrey D. Michler & Gerald E. Shively, 2015. "Land Tenure, Tenure Security and Farm Efficiency: Panel Evidence from the Philippines," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 66(1), pages 155-169, February.
- Mallick, Debdulal & Rafi, Mohammad, 2010.
"Are Female-Headed Households More Food Insecure? Evidence from Bangladesh,"
Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 593-605, April.
- Mallick, Debdulal & Rafi, Mohammad, 2008. "Are the female headed households more food insecure? Evidence from Bangladesh," Working Papers eco_2008_08, Deakin University, Department of Economics.
- Muraoka, Rie & Jin, Songqing & Jayne, Thomas S., 2014.
"Land Access, Land Rental and Food Security: Evidence from Kenya,"
2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota
170244, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Muraoka, Rie & Jin, Songqing & Jayne, Thomas S., 2015. "Land Access, Land Rental and Food Security: Evidence from Kenya," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 212513, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Headey, Derek D. & Jayne, T.S., 2014. "Adaptation to land constraints: Is Africa different?," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 18-33.
- Ryan Mason & Patrick Ndlovu & John Parkins & Marty Luckert, 2015. "Determinants of food security in Tanzania: gendered dimensions of household headship and control of resources," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 32(3), pages 539-549, September.
- Rawlins, Rosemary & Pimkina, Svetlana & Barrett, Christopher B. & Pedersen, Sarah & Wydick, Bruce, 2014. "Got milk? The impact of Heifer International’s livestock donation programs in Rwanda on nutritional outcomes," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 202-213.
- Kabunga, Nassul S. & Dubois, Thomas & Qaim, Matin, 2014.
"Impact of tissue culture banana technology on farm household income and food security in Kenya,"
Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 25-34.
- Nassul S. Kabunga & Thomas Dubois & Matin Qaim, 2011. "Impact of Tissue Culture Banana Technology on Farm Household Income and Food Security in Kenya," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 89, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Maitra, Chandana & Rao, D.S. Prasada, 2015.
"Poverty–Food Security Nexus: Evidence from a Survey of Urban Slum Dwellers in Kolkata,"
Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 308-325.
- Chandana Maitra & Prof. D.S Prasada Rao, 2014. "Poverty-Food Security Nexus: Evidences from a Survey of Urban Slum Dwellers in Kolkata," Discussion Papers Series 512, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Smith, Robert E., 2004. "Land Tenure, Fixed Investment, and Farm Productivity: Evidence from Zambia's Southern Province," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(10), pages 1641-1661, October.
- Beyene, Fekadu & Muche, Mequanent, 2010. "Determinants of Food Security among Rural Households of Central Ethiopia: An Empirical Analysis," Quarterly Journal of International Agriculture, Humboldt-Universitaat zu Berlin, vol. 49(4), pages 1-20.
- Abera Demeke & Alwin Keil & Manfred Zeller, 2011.
"Using panel data to estimate the effect of rainfall shocks on smallholders food security and vulnerability in rural Ethiopia,"
Springer, vol. 108(1), pages 185-206, September.
- Demeke, Abera Birhanu & Zeller, Manfred, 2009. "Using panel data to estimate the effect of rainfall shocks on smallholders food security and vulnerability in rural Ethiopia," Research in Development Economics and Policy (Discussion Paper Series) 57994, Universitaet Hohenheim, Department of Agricultural Economics and Social Sciences in the Tropics and Subtropics.
- Mwangi wa Githinji, 2011. "Land, Poverty and Human Development in Kenya," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2011-30, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- Valerie Mueller & Agnes Quisumbing & Hak Lim Lee & Klaus Droppelmann, 2014. "Resettlement for Food Security’s Sake: Insights from a Malawi Land Reform Project," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 90(2), pages 222-236.
- Ma, Wanglin & Abdulai, Awudu, 2016. "Does cooperative membership improve household welfare? Evidence from apple farmers in China," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 94-102.
- Fischer, Elisabeth & Qaim, Matin, 2012. "Linking Smallholders to Markets: Determinants and Impacts of Farmer Collective Action in Kenya," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(6), pages 1255-1268.
- Khonje, Makaiko & Manda, Julius & Alene, Arega D. & Kassie, Menale, 2015. "Analysis of Adoption and Impacts of Improved Maize Varieties in Eastern Zambia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 695-706.
- Mendola, Mariapia & Simtowe, Franklin, 2015.
"The Welfare Impact of Land Redistribution: Evidence from a Quasi-Experimental Initiative in Malawi,"
Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 53-69.
- Mariapia Mendola & Franklin Simtowe, 2013. "The Welfare Impact of Land Redistribution: Evidence from a Quasi-Experimental Initiative in Malawi," Working Papers 227, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised Feb 2013.
- Mariapia Mendola & Franklin Simtowe, 2014. "The Welfare Impact of Land Redistribution: Evidence from a Quasi-Experimental Initiative in Malawi," Development Working Papers 366, Centro Studi Luca d'Agliano, University of Milano, revised 07 Apr 2014.
- Santos, Florence & Fletschner, Diana & Savath, Vivien & Peterman, Amber, 2013.
"Can government-allocated land contribute to food security? Intrahousehold analysis of West Bengalâ€™s microplot allocation program:,"
IFPRI discussion papers
1310, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Florence Santos & Diana Fletschner & Vivien Savath & Amber Peterman, 2014. "Can Government-Allocated Land Contribute to Food Security? Intrahousehold Analysis of West Bengalâ€™s Microplot Allocation Program," Working Papers id:5708, eSocialSciences.
- Francis Mwesigye & Tomoya Matsumoto & Keijiro Otsuka, 2014. "Population Pressure, Rural-to-Rural Migration and Evolution of Land Tenure Institutions: The Case of Uganda," GRIPS Discussion Papers 14-09, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies.
- Zereyesus, Yacob A. & Embaye, Weldensie T. & Tsiboe, Francis & Amanor-Boadu, Vincent, 2017. "Implications of Non-Farm Work to Vulnerability to Food Poverty-Recent Evidence From Northern Ghana," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 91(C), pages 113-124.
- Jodlowski, Margaret & Winter-Nelson, Alex & Baylis, Kathy & Goldsmith, Peter D., 2016. "Milk in the Data: Food Security Impacts from a Livestock Field Experiment in Zambia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 99-114.
- Bhalla, Garima & Handa, Sudhanshu & Angeles, Gustavo & Seidenfeld, David, 2018. "The effect of cash transfers and household vulnerability on food security in Zimbabwe," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 82-99.
- Ellen Verhofstadt & Miet Maertens, 2015.
"Can Agricultural Cooperatives Reduce Poverty? Heterogeneous Impact of Cooperative Membership on Farmers' Welfare in Rwanda,"
Applied Economic Perspectives and Policy,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 37(1), pages 86-106.
- Verhofstadt, Ellen & Maertens, Miet, 2014. "Can agricultural cooperatives reduce poverty? Heterogeneous impact of cooperative membership on farmers’ welfare in Rwanda," Working Papers 164803, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centre for Agricultural and Food Economics.
- Jayne, T.S. & Chamberlin, Jordan & Headey, Derek D., 2014. "Land pressures, the evolution of farming systems, and development strategies in Africa: A synthesis," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 1-17.
- Owusu, Victor & Abdulai, Awudu & Abdul-Rahman, Seini, 2011. "Non-farm work and food security among farm households in Northern Ghana," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 108-118, April.
- Nelson Mango & Byron Zamasiya & Clifton Makate & Kefasi Nyikahadzoi & Shephard Siziba, 2014. "Factors influencing household food security among smallholder farmers in the Mudzi district of Zimbabwe," Development Southern Africa, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(4), pages 625-640, July.
- Generoso, Rémi, 2015. "How do rainfall variability, food security and remittances interact? The case of rural Mali," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 188-198.
- Kassie, Menale & Ndiritu, Simon Wagura & Stage, Jesper, 2014. "What Determines Gender Inequality in Household Food Security in Kenya? Application of Exogenous Switching Treatment Regression," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 153-171.
- Gashaw Tadesse ABATE & Gian Nicola FRANCESCONI & Kindie GETNET, 2014. "Impact Of Agricultural Cooperatives On Smallholders’ Technical Efficiency: Empirical Evidence From Ethiopia," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 85(2), pages 257-286, June.
- Woldegebrial Zeweld & Guido Van Huylenbroeck & Jeroen Buysse, 2015. "Household food security through cooperative societies in northern Ethiopia," International Journal of Development Issues, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 14(1), pages 60-72, April.
- Khonje, Makaiko & Mkandawire, Petros & Manda, Julius & Alene, Arega, 2015. "Analysis of adoption and impacts of improved cassava varieties," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211842, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Babatunde, Raphael O. & Qaim, Matin, 2010. "Impact of Off-farm Income on Food Security and Nutrition in Nigeria," 2010 AAAE Third Conference/AEASA 48th Conference, September 19-23, 2010, Cape Town, South Africa 97332, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Rammohan, Anu & Pritchard, Bill, 2014. "The Role of Landholding as a Determinant of Food and Nutrition Insecurity in Rural Myanmar," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 597-608.
- Fransen, Sonja & Mazzucato, Valentina, 2014. "Remittances and Household Wealth after Conflict: A Case Study on Urban Burundi," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 57-68.
More about this item
Keywordsdeterminants; food security; hunger; policies; smallholder;
- Q - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics
- Q0 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General
- Q2 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation
- Q3 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation
- Q5 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
- O13 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jsusta:v:11:y:2019:i:9:p:2715-:d:230756. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (XML Conversion Team). General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.