Improving the measurement of food security:
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Block, Steven A. & Kiess, Lynnda & Webb, Patrick & Kosen, Soewarta & Moench-Pfanner, Regina & Bloem, Martin W. & Peter Timmer, C., 2004. "Macro shocks and micro outcomes: child nutrition during Indonesia's crisis," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 21-44, March.
- Beegle, Kathleen & De Weerdt, Joachim & Friedman, Jed & Gibson, John, 2012.
"Methods of household consumption measurement through surveys: Experimental results from Tanzania,"
Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 98(1), pages 3-18.
- Beegle, Kathleen & De Weerdt, Joachim & Friedman, Jed & Gibson, John, 2010. "Methods of household consumption measurement through surveys : experimental results from Tanzania," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5501, The World Bank.
- Elkana Ngwenya & Ranjan Ray, 2007. "Changes in Indonesian Food Consumption Patterns and their Nutritional Implications," Working Papers 2486, University of Tasmania, Tasmanian School of Business and Economics, revised Nov 2007.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:98:y:2004:i:01:p:191-207_00 is not listed on IDEAS
- de Haen, Hartwig & Klasen, Stephan & Qaim, Matin, 2011.
"What do we really know? Metrics for food insecurity and undernutrition,"
Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 760-769.
- Hartwig de Haen & Stephan Klasen & Matin Qaim, 2011. "What do we really know? Metrics for food insecurity and undernutrition," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 88, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Robert Breunig & Deborah Cobb-Clark & Xiaodong Gong & Danielle Venn, 2007. "Disagreement in Australian partners’ reports of financial difficulty," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 59-82, March.
- Gabbert, Silke & Weikard, Hans-Peter, 2001. "How widespread is undernourishment?: A critique of measurement methods and new empirical results," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 209-228, June.
- Rafael E. de Hoyos & Denis Medvedev, 2011.
"Poverty Effects of Higher Food Prices: A Global Perspective,"
Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(3), pages 387-402, August.
- De Hoyos, Rafael E. & Medvedev, Denis, 2009. "Poverty effects of higher food prices : a global perspective," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4887, The World Bank.
- Angus Deaton, 2012.
"The financial crisis and the well-being of Americans,"
Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 64(1), pages 1-26, January.
- Angus Deaton, 2011. "The Financial Crisis and the Well-Being of America," NBER Chapters, in: Investigations in the Economics of Aging, pages 343-368, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Angus S. Deaton, 2011. "The Financial Crisis and the Well-Being of Americans," NBER Working Papers 17128, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Headey, Derek & Chiu, Alice & Kadiyala, Suneetha, 2011. "Agriculture's role in the Indian enigma: Help or hindrance to the undernutrition crisis?," IFPRI discussion papers 1085, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Robert T. Jensen & Nolan H. Miller, 2010. "A Revealed Preference Approach to Measuring Hunger and Undernutrition," NBER Working Papers 16555, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wiesmann, Doris & Bassett, Lucy & Benson, Todd & Hoddinott, John, 2009. "Validation of the world food programme's food consumption score and alternative indicators of household food security:," IFPRI discussion papers 870, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Angus Deaton & Olivier Dupriez, 2011.
"Purchasing Power Parity Exchange Rates for the Global Poor,"
American Economic Journal: Applied Economics, American Economic Association, vol. 3(2), pages 137-166, April.
- Angus Deaton & Olivier Dupriez, 2009. "Purchasing power parity exchange rates for the global poor," Working Papers 1187, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Research Program in Development Studies..
- Deaton, Angus, 1989. "Rice Prices and Income Distribution in Thailand: A Non-parametric Analysis," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(395), pages 1-37, Supplemen.
- Bouis, Howarth & Haddad, Lawrence & Kennedy, Eileen, 1992. "Does it matter how we survey demand for food?: Evidence from Kenya and the Philippines," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 349-360, October.
More about this item
Keywordsfood security; Nutrition security; food crises; food crisis; Shocks; climatic shocks; measurement; climatic shocks; economic growth;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2012-12-15 (Agricultural Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:ifprid:1225. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.