Validation of the world food programme's food consumption score and alternative indicators of household food security:
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Barrett, Christopher B., 2002. "Food security and food assistance programs," Handbook of Agricultural Economics,in: B. L. Gardner & G. C. Rausser (ed.), Handbook of Agricultural Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 40, pages 2103-2190 Elsevier.
- Ahmed, Akhter U. & Hill, Ruth Vargas & Smith, Lisa C. & Wiesmann, Doris M. & Frankenberger, Tim & Gulati, Kajal & Quabili, Wahidand & Yohannes, Yisehac, 2007. "The world's most deprived: Characteristics and causes of extreme poverty and hunger," 2020 vision discussion papers 43, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:ssefpa:v:9:y:2017:i:6:d:10.1007_s12571-017-0694-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Gentilini,Ugo, 2016. "The revival of the"cash versus food"debate : new evidence for an old quandary ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7584, The World Bank.
- Ecker, Olivier & Breisinger, Clemens & McCool, Christen & Diao, Xinshen & Funes, Jose & You, Liangzhi & Yu, Bingxin, 2010. "Assessing food security in Yemen," IFPRI discussion papers 982, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Derek D. Headey, 2013.
"The Impact of the Global Food Crisis on Self-Assessed Food Security,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 27(1), pages 1-27.
- Headey, Derek D., 2013. "The impact of the global food crisis on self-assessed food security," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6329, The World Bank.
- Gilligan, Daniel O. & Roy, Shalini, 2013. "Resources, stimulation, and cognition: How transfer programs and preschool shape cognitive development in Uganda," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 149822, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Buehler, Dorothee C. & Hartje, Rebecca C. & Grote, Ulrike, 2016. "Don’t Forget about the Children – Latent Food Insecurity in Rural Cambodia," 90th Annual Conference, April 4-6, 2016, Warwick University, Coventry, UK 236333, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Carlo del Ninno & Bradford Mills, 2015. "Safety Nets in Africa : Effective Mechanisms to Reach the Poor and Most Vulnerable," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 21369.
- Hossain, Marup & Mullally, Conner & Asadullah, M Niaz, 2016. "Measuring household food security in a low income country: A comparative analysis of self-reported and objective indicators," 2016 Annual Meeting, February 6-9, 2016, San Antonio, Texas 230101, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- repec:spr:ssefpa:v:9:y:2017:i:5:d:10.1007_s12571-017-0710-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Milla Nyyssölä & Jukka Pirttilä & Susanna Sandström, 2014. "Technology Adoption and Food Security in Subsistence Agruculture – Evidence from a Group-Based Aid Project in Mozambique," Finnish Economic Papers, Finnish Economic Association, vol. 27(1), pages 1-33, Autumn.
- Hidrobo, Melissa & Hoddinott, John & Peterman, Amber & Margolies, Amy & Moreira, Vanessa, 2014.
"Cash, food, or vouchers? Evidence from a randomized experiment in northern Ecuador,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 144-156.
- Hidrobo, Melissa & Hoddinott, John F. & Peterman, Amber & Margolies, Amy & Moreira, Vanessa, 2012. "Cash, food, or vouchers?: Evidence from a randomized experiment in northern Ecuador," IFPRI discussion papers 1234, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Hoddinott, John & Sandstrom, Susanna & Upton, Joanna, 2013.
"The impact of cash and food transfers: Evidence from a randomized intervention in Niger,"
2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C.
149919, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Hoddinott, John F. & SandstrÃ¶m, Susanna & Upton, Joanna, 2014. "The impact of cash and food transfers: Evidence from a randomized intervention in Niger:," IFPRI discussion papers 1341, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Gentilini, Ugo, 2014. "Our daily bread : what is the evidence on comparing cash versus food transfers?," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 89502, The World Bank.
- Daniel Ayalew Mekonnen & Nicolas Gerber, 2017. "Aspirations and food security in rural Ethiopia," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 9(2), pages 371-385, April.
- Vaitla, Bapu & Coates, Jennifer & Glaeser, Laura & Hillbruner, Christopher & Biswal, Preetish & Maxwell, Daniel, 2017. "The measurement of household food security: Correlation and latent variable analysis of alternative indicators in a large multi-country dataset," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 193-205.
- Dabalen, Andrew L. & Paul, Saumik, 2014. "Effect of Conflict on Dietary Diversity: Evidence from Côte d’Ivoire," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 143-158.
- Bühler, Dorothee & Grote, Ulrike & Hartje, Rebecca & Ker, Bopha & Lam, Do Truong & Nguyen, Loc Duc & Nguyen, Trung Thanh & Tong, Kimsun, 2015. "Rural Livelihood Strategies in Cambodia: Evidence from a household survey in Stung Treng," Working Papers 200207, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Bühler, Dorothee & Hartje, Rebecca & Ulrike Grote, 2017. "Can household food security predict individual undernutrition? Evidence from Cambodia and Lao PDR," Hannover Economic Papers (HEP) dp-594, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Headey, Derek D. & Ecker, Olivier, 2012. "Improving the measurement of food security:," IFPRI discussion papers 1225, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
More about this item
Keywordsfood security; Dietary diversity; Food frequency; Proxy indicators; Food consumption score; Validation study;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2009-07-11 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2009-07-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2009-07-11 (Development)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:ifprid:870. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .