Does it matter how we survey demand for food?: Evidence from Kenya and the Philippines
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- de Haen, Hartwig & Klasen, Stephan & Qaim, Matin, 2011.
"What do we really know? Metrics for food insecurity and undernutrition,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 760-769.
- Hartwig de Haen & Stephan Klasen & Matin Qaim, 2011. "What do we really know? Metrics for food insecurity and undernutrition," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 88, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Aromolaran, Adebayo B., 2004. "Household income, women's income share and food calorie intake in South Western Nigeria," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 507-530, October.
- Choudhury, Samira & Headey, Derek D., 2016. "What drives diversification of national food supplies? A cross-country analysis," IFPRI discussion papers 1581, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- repec:eee:jfpoli:v:72:y:2017:i:c:p:94-111 is not listed on IDEAS
- Adebayo B. Aromolaran, 2004. "Intra-Household Redistribution of Income and Calorie Consumption in South-Western Nigeria," Working Papers 890, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Kimhi, Ayal, 2003.
"Socio-economic determinants of health and physical fitness in southern Ethiopia,"
Economics & Human Biology,
Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 55-75, January.
- Kimhi, Ayal, 2002. "Socio-Economic Determinants Of Health And Physical Fitness In Southern Ethiopia," Discussion Papers 14984, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Department of Agricultural Economics and Management.
- Smith, Lisa C., 2015. "The great Indian calorie debate: Explaining rising undernourishment during India’s rapid economic growth," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 53-67.
- Rahman, Aminur, 2013. "Does a wife's bargaining power provide more micronutrients to females : evidence from rural Bangladesh," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6363, The World Bank.
- Bouis, Howarth E., 1995. "A food demand system based on demand for characteristics," FCND discussion papers 7, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Bouis, Howarth E., 1996.
"A food demand system based on demand for characteristics: If there is 'curvature' in the Slutsky matrix, what do the curves look like and why?,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 239-266, December.
- Bouis, Howarth E., 1989. "A Food Demand System Based On Demand For Characteristics: If There Is "Curvature" In The Slutsky Matrix, What Do The Curves Look Like And Why?," 1989 Conference (33rd), February 7-9, 1989, Christchurch, New Zealand 144663, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Tomoki Fujii, 2014. "Is urban food demand in the Philippines different from China?," Working Papers 18-2014, Singapore Management University, School of Economics.
- Ecker, Olivier & Qaim, Matin, 2010. "Analyzing nutritional impacts of policies," IFPRI discussion papers 1017, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- repec:eee:jfpoli:v:72:y:2017:i:c:p:132-145 is not listed on IDEAS
- Harttgen, Kenneth & Klasen, Stephan & Rischke, Ramona, 2016.
"Analyzing nutritional impacts of price and income related shocks in Malawi: Simulating household entitlements to food,"
Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 31-43.
- Kenneth Harttgen & Stephan Klasen & Ramona Rischke, 2015. "Analyzing Nutritional Impacts of Price and Income Related Shocks in Malawi: Simulating Household Entitlements to Food," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 166, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Ohri-Vachaspati, Punam & Lorge Rogers, Beatrice & Kennedy, Eileen & Goldberg, Jeanne P., 1998. "The effects of data collection methods on calorie-expenditure elasticity estimates: a study from the Dominican Republic," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(3-4), pages 295-304, November.
- Asenso-Okyere, W. K. & Asante, F. A. & Nube, M., 1997. "Understanding the health and nutritional status of children in Ghana," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 17(1), pages 59-74, October.
- De Zhou & Xiaohua Yu, 2015.
"Calorie Elasticities with Income Dynamics: Evidence from the Literature,"
Applied Economic Perspectives and Policy,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 37(4), pages 575-601.
- Zhou, De & Yu, Xiaohua, 2014. "Calorie Elasticities with Income Dynamics: Evidence from the Literature," Discussion Papers 168529, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
- Ecker, Olivier & Qaim, Matin, 2008. "Income and Price Elasticities of Food Demand and Nutrient Consumption in Malawi," 2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida 6349, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Ecker, Olivier & Qaim, Matin, 2011. "Analyzing Nutritional Impacts of Policies: An Empirical Study for Malawi," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 412-428, March.
- Asenso-Okyere, W.F. & Asante, Felix A. & Nube, M., 1997. "Understanding the health and nutritional status of children in Ghana," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 17(1), October.
- Headey, Derek D. & Ecker, Olivier, 2012. "Improving the measurement of food security:," IFPRI discussion papers 1225, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- repec:eee:jfpoli:v:72:y:2017:i:c:p:43-52 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfpoli:v:17:y:1992:i:5:p:349-360. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.