D’une crise à l’autre : Mesurer l’impact des prix alimentaires sur la pauvreté
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Fabienne Féménia & Alexandre Gohin, 2010. "Faut-il une intervention publique pour stabiliser les marchés agricoles ? Revue des questions non résolues," Review of Agricultural and Environmental Studies - Revue d'Etudes en Agriculture et Environnement, INRA Department of Economics, vol. 91(4), pages 435-456.
- Decaluwe, B. & Dumont, J.C. & Savard, L., 1999.
"Mesurer la pauvrete et les inegalites dans un modele d'equilibre general calculable,"
9920, Laval - Recherche en Politique Economique.
- Decaluwé, Bernard & Dumont, Jean-Christophe & Savard, Luc, 1999. "Mesurer la pauvreté et les inégalités dans un modèle d'équilibre général calculable," Cahiers de recherche 9920, Université Laval - Département d'économique.
- Ulimwengu, John M. & Workneh, Sindu & Paulos, Zelekawork, 2009. "Impact of soaring food price in Ethiopia: Does location matter?," IFPRI discussion papers 846, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- François Bourguignon & Maurizio Bussolo & Luiz A. Pereira da Silva, 2008. "The Impact of Macroeconomic Policies on Poverty and Income Distribution : Macro-Micro Evaluation Techniques and Tools," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6586, June.
- Bazillier, Remi, 2008.
"Core Labor Standards and Development: Impact on Long-Term Income,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 17-38, January.
- Rémi Bazillier, 2008. "Core Labor Standards and Development: Impact on Long-term Income," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00310397, HAL.
- Christine D. Lasco & Robert J. Myers & Richard H. Bernsten, 2008. "Dynamics of rice prices and agricultural wages in the Philippines," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 38(3), pages 339-348, May.
- David Coady & Paul Dorosh & Bart Minten, 2008.
"Evaluating Alternative Policy Responses to Higher World Food Prices: The Case of Increasing Rice Prices in Madagascar,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 91(3), pages 711-722.
- Coady,David & Dorosh,Paul & Minten,Bart, 2008. "Evaluating alternative policy responses to higher world food prices: The case of increasing rice prices in Madagascar," IFPRI discussion papers 780, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Jed Friedman & James Levinsohn, 2002.
"The Distributional Impacts of Indonesia's Financial Crisis on Household Welfare: A "Rapid Response" Methodology,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 16(3), pages 397-423, December.
- Jed Friedman & James Levinsohn, 2001. "The Distributional Impacts of Indonesia's Financial Crisis on Household Welfare: A "Rapid Response" Methodology," NBER Working Papers 8564, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jed Friedman & James Levinsohn, 2001. "The Distributional Impacts of Indonesia's Financial Crisis on Household Welfare: A 'Rapid Response' Methodology," Working Papers 482, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
- Jed Friedman & James Levinsohn, 2001. "The Distributional Impacts of Indonesia's Financial Crisis on Household Welfare: "A Rapid Response Methodology"," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 387, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Baron, David P, 1970. "Price Uncertainty, Utility, and Industry Equilibrium in Pure Competition," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 11(3), pages 463-480, October.
- Israel Finkelshtain & James A. Chalfant, 1997. "Commodity Price Stabilization in a Peasant Economy," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(4), pages 1208-1217.
- Valenzuela, Ernesto & Hertel, Thomas & Keeney, Roman & Reimer, Jeff, 2005. "Assessing Global CGE Model Validity Using Agricultural Price Volatility," GTAP Working Papers 1875, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University.
- Moschini, Giancarlo & Hennessy, David A., 2001.
"Uncertainty, risk aversion, and risk management for agricultural producers,"
Handbook of Agricultural Economics,in: B. L. Gardner & G. C. Rausser (ed.), Handbook of Agricultural Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 2, pages 88-153
- Moschini, GianCarlo & Hennessy, David, 1999. "Uncertainty, Risk Aversion and Risk Management for Agricultural Producers," ISU General Staff Papers 199907010700001320, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Moschini, GianCarlo & Hennessy, David A., 2001. "Uncertainty, Risk Aversion, and Risk Management for Agricultural Producers," Staff General Research Papers Archive 5323, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- de Janvry, Alain & Sadoulet, Elisabeth, 2010. "The Global Food Crisis and Guatemala: What Crisis and for Whom?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(9), pages 1328-1339, September.
- Channing Arndt & Rui Benfica & Nelson Maximiano & Antonio M. D. Nucifora & James T. Thurlow, 2008. "Higher fuel and food prices: impacts and responses for Mozambique," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 39(s1), pages 497-511, November.
- Rafael E. de Hoyos & Denis Medvedev, 2011.
"Poverty Effects of Higher Food Prices: A Global Perspective,"
Review of Development Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(3), pages 387-402, August.
- De Hoyos, Rafael E. & Medvedev, Denis, 2009. "Poverty effects of higher food prices : a global perspective," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4887, The World Bank.
- Jose Cuesta & Fidel Jaramillo, 2009. "Taxonomy of Causes, Impacts and Policy Responses to the Food Price Crisis in the Andean Region," Research Department Publications 4623, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Sébastien Dessus & Santiago Herrera & Rafael de Hoyos, 2008.
"The impact of food inflation on urban poverty and its monetary cost: some back-of-the-envelope calculations,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 39(s1), pages 417-429, November.
- Dessus, Sebastien & Herrera, Santiago & de Hoyos, Rafael, 2008. "The impact of food inflation on urban poverty and its monetary cost : some back-of-the-envelope calculations," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4666, The World Bank.
- Simler, Kenneth R., 2010. "The short-term impact of higher food prices on poverty in Uganda," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5210, The World Bank.
- Deaton, Angus, 1989. "Rice Prices and Income Distribution in Thailand: A Non-parametric Analysis," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(395), pages 1-37, Supplemen.
- Sami Bibi & Massa Coulibaly & John Cockburn & Luca Tiberti, 2009. "L'impact de la hausse des prix des produits alimentaires sur la pauvreté des enfants et les reponses politiques au Mali," Papers inwopa09/60, Innocenti Working Papers.
- Raihan, Selim, 2009. "Impact of Food Price Rise on School Enrollment and Dropout in the Poor and Vulnerable Households in Selected Areas of Bangladesh," MPRA Paper 37900, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Newbery, David M, 1989. "The Theory of Food Price Stabilisation," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(398), pages 1065-1082, December.
- Cudjoe, Godsway & Breisinger, Clemens & Diao, Xinshen, 2010. "Local impacts of a global crisis: Food price transmission, consumer welfare and poverty in Ghana," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 294-302, August.
- Ronald Mendoza, 2009. "Aggregate Shocks, Poor Household and Children: Transmission Channels and Policy Responses," Working papers 0901, UNICEF,Division of Policy and Strategy.
- Turnovsky, Stephen J & Shalit, Haim & Schmitz, Andrew, 1980. "Consumer's Surplus, Price Instability, and Consumer Welfare," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(1), pages 135-152, January.
- von Braun, Joachim & Ahmed, Akhter & Asenso-Okyere, Kwadwo & Fan, Shenggen & Gulati, Ashok & Hoddinott, John & Pandya-Lorch, Rajul & Rosegrant, Mark W. & Ruel, Marie & Torero, Maximo & van Rheenen, Te, 2008. "High food prices: The what, who, and how of proposed policy actions," Policy briefs 1A, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Habib, Bilal & Narayan, Ambar & Olivieri, Sergio & Sanchez-Paramo, Carolina, 2010. "Assessing ex ante the poverty and distributional impact of the global crisis in a developing country : a micro-simulation approach with application to Bangladesh," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5238, The World Bank.
- Alexander Sarris & Piero Conforti & Adam Prakash, 2011. "The use of organized commodity markets to manage food import price instability and risk," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 42(1), pages 47-64, January.
- Wodon, Quentin & Zaman, Hassan, 2008. "Rising food prices in Sub-Saharan Africa : poverty impact and policy responses," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4738, The World Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsPrix alimentaires; pauvreté; volatilité;
- D58 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Computable and Other Applied General Equilibrium Models
- E37 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Forecasting and Simulation: Models and Applications
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:laf:wpaper:cr1106. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Cyril Mesmer). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/labrdfr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.