Impact of Access to Credit on Agricultural Productivity: Evidence from Smallholder Cassava Farmers in Nigeria
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mendola, Mariapia, 2007. "Agricultural technology adoption and poverty reduction: A propensity-score matching analysis for rural Bangladesh," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 372-393, June.
- Jalan, Jyotsna & Ravallion, Martin, 2003.
"Does piped water reduce diarrhea for children in rural India?,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 112(1), pages 153-173, January.
- Jalan, Jyotsna & Ravallion, Martin, 2001. "Does piped water reduce diarrhea for children in rural India ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2664, The World Bank.
- Nicolas Depetris Chauvin & Francis Mulangu & Guido Porto, "undated". "Food Production and Consumption Trends in Sub-Saharan Africa: Prospects for the Transformation of the Agricultural Sector," UNDP Africa Policy Notes 2012-011, United Nations Development Programme, Regional Bureau for Africa.
- Nyangena, Wilfred & Köhlin, Gunnar, 2008.
"Estimating Returns to Soil and Water Conservation Investments: An Application to Crop Yield in Kenya,"
dp-08-32-efd, Resources For the Future.
- Nyangena, Wilfred & Köhlin, Gunnar, 2009. "Estimating Returns to Soil and Water Conservation Investments - An Application to Crop Yield in Kenya," Working Papers in Economics 402, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Garcia, Jaume & Labeaga, Jose M, 1996. "Alternative Approaches to Modelling Zero Expenditure: An Application to Spanish Demand for Tobacco," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 58(3), pages 489-506, August.
- Bernard, Tanguy & Gabre-Madhin, Eleni Z. & Taffesse, Alemayehu Seyoum, 2008. "Heterogeneous Impacts Of Cooperatives On Smallholders’ Commercialization Behavior: Evidence From Ethiopia," 2007 Second International Conference, August 20-22, 2007, Accra, Ghana 52161, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Gershon Feder & Lawrence J. Lau & Justin Y. Lin & Xiaopeng Luo, 1990. "The Relationship between Credit and Productivity in Chinese Agriculture: A Microeconomic Model of Disequilibrium," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 72(5), pages 1151-1157.
- Tanguy Bernard & Alemayehu Seyoum Taffesse & Eleni Gabre-Madhin, 2008. "Impact of cooperatives on smallholders' commercialization behavior: evidence from Ethiopia," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 39(2), pages 147-161, September.
- Akramov, Kamiljon T., 2009. "Decentralization, agricultural services and determinants of input use in Nigeria:," IFPRI discussion papers 941, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Hope, R.A., 2007. "Evaluating Social Impacts of Watershed Development in India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 1436-1449, August.
- Freeman, H.A. & Ehui, Simeon K. & Jabbar, Mohammad A., 1998.
"Credit constraints and smallholder dairy production in the East African highlands: application of a switching regression model,"
Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists,
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 19(1-2), September.
- Freeman, H. A. & Ehui, Simeon K. & A. Jabbar, Mohammad, 1998. "Credit constraints and smallholder dairy production in the East African highlands: application of a switching regression model," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 19(1-2), pages 33-44, September.
- Freeman, H Ade & Ehui, Simeon K. & Jabbar, Mohammad A., 1998. "Credit Constraints And Smallholder Dairy Production In The East African Highlands: Application Of A Switching Regression Model," Research Reports 183008, International Livestock Research Institute.
- Conning, Jonathan & Udry, Christopher, 2007. "Rural Financial Markets in Developing Countries," Handbook of Agricultural Economics, Elsevier.
- Ghate, P. B., 1992. "Interaction between the formal and informal financial sectors: The Asian experience," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 859-872, June.
- Zeller, Manfred & Diagne, Aliou & Mataya, Charles, 1997. "Market access by smallholder farmers in Malawi," FCND discussion papers 35, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Stephen R. Boucher & Michael R. Carter & Catherine Guirkinger, 2008. "Risk Rationing and Wealth Effects in Credit Markets: Theory and Implications for Agricultural Development," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 90(2), pages 409-423.
- Diagne, Aliou & Zeller, Manfred, 2001. "Access to credit and its impact on welfare in Malawi:," Research reports 116, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Feder, Gershon & Lau, Lawrence J. & Lin, Justin Y. & Xiaopeng, Luo, 1989. "Agricultural credit and farm performance in China," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 508-526, December.
- Boucher, Stephen R. & Carter, Michael R. & Guirkinger, Catherine, 2008. "AJAE Appendix: Risk Rationing and Wealth Effects in Credit Markets: Theory and Implications for Agriculture Development," American Journal of Agricultural Economics Appendices, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 90(2), May.
- Fengxia Dong & Jing Lu & Allen Featherstone, 2010.
"Effects of Credit Constraints on Productivity and Rural Household Income in China,"
Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI) Publications
10-wp516, Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI) at Iowa State University.
- Fengxia Dong & Jing Lu & Allen Featherstone, 2010. "Effects of Credit Constraints on Productivity and Rural Household Income in China," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 10-wp516, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Dong, Fengxia & Lu, Jing & Featherstone, Allen M., 2010. "Effects of Credit Constraint on Productivity and Rural Household Income in China," 2010 Annual Meeting, July 25-27, 2010, Denver, Colorado 61402, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Jones, Andrew M, 1989. "A Double-Hurdle Model of Cigarette Consumption," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 4(1), pages 23-39, Jan.-Mar..
- Foltz, Jeremy D., 2004. "Credit market access and profitability in Tunisian agriculture," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 30(3), pages 229-240, May.
- William J. Burke, 2009. "Fitting and interpreting Cragg's tobit alternative using Stata," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 9(4), pages 584-592, December.
- Tullio Jappelli, 1990. "Who is Credit Constrained in the U. S. Economy?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 105(1), pages 219-234.
- Conradie, Beatrice & Piesse, Jenifer & Thirtle, Colin G., 2009. "What is the appropriate level of aggregation for productivity indices? Comparing district, regional and national measures," Agrekon, Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA), vol. 48(1), March.
- Hausman, Jerry A., 1983. "Specification and estimation of simultaneous equation models," Handbook of Econometrics,in: Z. Griliches† & M. D. Intriligator (ed.), Handbook of Econometrics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 7, pages 391-448 Elsevier.
- Eswaran, Mukesh & Kotwal, Ashok, 1990. "Implications of Credit Constraints for Risk Behaviour in Less Developed Economies," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 42(2), pages 473-482, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:ecosys:v:41:y:2017:i:3:p:420-432 is not listed on IDEAS
- Meenakshi Rajeev & Manojit Bhattacharjee, 2017. "Augmenting Small Farmers Income Through Rural Non-Farm Sector: Role of Information and Institutions," Working Papers id:12084, eSocialSciences.
More about this item
KeywordsCredit; Impact; Cassava; Productivity; Farmers; Nigeria; Agricultural and Food Policy; Agricultural Finance; O12; Q14; Q16; Q55;
- O12 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Microeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- Q14 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Finance
- Q16 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - R&D; Agricultural Technology; Biofuels; Agricultural Extension Services
- Q55 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environmental Economics: Technological Innovation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2015-11-07 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2015-11-07 (All new papers)
- NEP-EFF-2015-11-07 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-MFD-2015-11-07 (Microfinance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:iaae15:210969. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iaaeeea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.