Credit Constraints and Impact on Farm Household Welfare: Evidence from Vietnam’s North Central Coast region
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bruce C. Greenwald & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1990.
"Macroeconomic Models with Equity and Credit Rationing,"
NBER Chapters,in: Asymmetric Information, Corporate Finance, and Investment, pages 15-42
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bruce C. Greenwald & Joseph E. Stiglitz & Andrew Weiss, 1989. "Macroeconomic models with equity and credit rationing," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Bruce C. Greenwald & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1990. "Macroeconomic Models with Equity and Credit Rationing," NBER Working Papers 3533, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Derek Neal, 1994.
"The Effect of Catholic Secondary Schooling on Educational Attainment,"
University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State
95, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Derek Neal, 1995. "The Effect of Catholic Secondary Schooling on Educational Attainment," NBER Working Papers 5353, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paul Mpuga, 2010. "Constraints in Access to and Demand for Rural Credit: Evidence from Uganda," African Development Review, African Development Bank, vol. 22(1), pages 115-148.
- Zeldes, Stephen P, 1989.
"Consumption and Liquidity Constraints: An Empirical Investigation,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(2), pages 305-346, April.
- Stephen Zeldes, "undated". "Consumption and Liquidity Constraints: An Empirical Investigation," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 24-85, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Stephen P. Zeldes, "undated". "Consumption and Liquidity Constraints: An Empirical Investigation," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 16-88, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Xiangping Jia & Franz Heidhues & Manfred Zeller, 2010. "Credit rationing of rural households in China," Agricultural Finance Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 70(1), pages 37-54, May.
- Alex Winter-Nelson & Anna A. Temu, 2005. "Liquidity constraints, access to credit and pro-poor growth in rural Tanzania," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(7), pages 867-882.
- Chanda, Anup & Maddala, G. S., 1983. "Methods of estimation for models of markets with bounded price variation under rational expectations," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 13(2-3), pages 181-184.
- John Campbell & Angus Deaton, 1989. "Why is Consumption So Smooth?," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 56(3), pages 357-373.
- Bao Duong, Pham & Izumida, Yoichi, 2002. "Rural Development Finance in Vietnam: A Microeconometric Analysis of Household Surveys," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 319-335, February.
- Martin Petrick, 2004. "A microeconometric analysis of credit rationing in the Polish farm sector," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 31(1), pages 77-101, March.
- Zeller, Manfred, 1994. "Determinants of credit rationing: A study of informal lenders and formal credit groups in Madagascar," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 22(12), pages 1895-1907, December.
- Garcia Perez, Jose Ignacio & Rebollo Sanz, Yolanda, 2005.
"Wage changes through job mobility in Europe: A multinomial endogenous switching approach,"
Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 531-555, August.
- José Ignacio García Pérez & Yolanda Rebollo Sanz, 2004. "Wage changes through job mobility in Europe: A multinomial endogenous switching approach," Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces E2004/70, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
- Gershon Feder & Lawrence J. Lau & Justin Y. Lin & Xiaopeng Luo, 1990. "The Relationship between Credit and Productivity in Chinese Agriculture: A Microeconomic Model of Disequilibrium," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 72(5), pages 1151-1157.
- Mikkel Barslund & Finn Tarp, 2008.
"Formal and Informal Rural Credit in Four Provinces of Vietnam,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(4), pages 485-503, April.
- Mikkel Barslund & Finn Tarp, 2007. "Formal and Informal Rural Credit in Four Provinces of Vietnam," Discussion Papers 07-07, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Maddala, G S, 1983. "Methods of Estimation for Models of Markets with Bounded Price Variation," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 24(2), pages 361-378, June.
- Freeman, H. A. & Ehui, Simeon K. & A. Jabbar, Mohammad, 1998.
"Credit constraints and smallholder dairy production in the East African highlands: application of a switching regression model,"
Blackwell, vol. 19(1-2), pages 33-44, September.
- Freeman, H Ade & Ehui, Simeon K. & Jabbar, Mohammad A., 1998. "Credit Constraints And Smallholder Dairy Production In The East African Highlands: Application Of A Switching Regression Model," Research Reports 183008, International Livestock Research Institute.
- Kiefer, Nicholas M, 1978. "Discrete Parameter Variation: Efficient Estimation of a Switching Regression Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(2), pages 427-434, March.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Dufhues, Thomas & Buchenrieder, Gertrud, 2005. "Outreach of credit institutes and households' access constraints to formal credit in Northern Vietnam," Research in Development Economics and Policy (Discussion Paper Series) 8535, Universitaet Hohenheim, Department of Agricultural Economics and Social Sciences in the Tropics and Subtropics.
- Petrick, Martin, 2004. "Farm investment, credit rationing, and governmentally promoted credit access in Poland: a cross-sectional analysis," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 275-294, June.
- Fengxia Dong & Jing Lu & Allen Featherstone, 2010.
"Effects of Credit Constraints on Productivity and Rural Household Income in China,"
Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI) Publications (archive only)
10-wp516, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Fengxia Dong & Jing Lu & Allen Featherstone, 2010. "Effects of Credit Constraints on Productivity and Rural Household Income in China," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 10-wp516, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Dong, Fengxia & Lu, Jing & Featherstone, Allen M., 2010. "Effects of Credit Constraint on Productivity and Rural Household Income in China," 2010 Annual Meeting, July 25-27, 2010, Denver, Colorado 61402, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Marco Stampini & Benjamin Davis, 2009. "Does nonagricultural labor relax farmers' credit constraints? Evidence from longitudinal data for Vietnam," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 40(2), pages 177-188, March.
- Lee, Lung-Fei, 1978. "Unionism and Wage Rates: A Simultaneous Equations Model with Qualitative and Limited Dependent Variables," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 19(2), pages 415-433, June.
- Li Rui & Zhu Xi, 2010. "Econometric analysis of credit constraints of chinese rural households and welfare loss," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(13), pages 1615-1625.
- Fenwick, L.J. & Lyne, Michael C., 1998. "Factors Influencing Internal And External Credit Rationing Among Small-Scale Farm Households In Kwazulu-Natal," Agrekon, Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA), vol. 37(4), pages 1-11, December.
- Franklin Simtowe & Aliou Diagne & Manfred Zeller, 2008. "Who is credit constrained? evidence from rural Malawi," Agricultural Finance Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 68(2), pages 255-272, November.
More about this item
KeywordsAgribusiness; Community/Rural/Urban Development; Consumer/Household Economics; International Development;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2014-12-08 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-DEV-2014-12-08 (Development)
- NEP-IUE-2014-12-08 (Informal & Underground Economics)
- NEP-SEA-2014-12-08 (South East Asia)
- NEP-TRA-2014-12-08 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:nzar14:187495. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nzareea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.