Debt Contagion in Europe: A Panel-Vector Autoregressive (VAR) Analysis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Caporale, Guglielmo Maria & Girardi, Alessandro, 2013.
"Fiscal spillovers in the Euro area,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 84.1-84.16.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Alessandro Girardi, 2011. "Fiscal Spillovers in the Euro Area," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1164, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Alessandro Girardi, 2013. "Fiscal Spillovers in the Euro Area," Working Papers LuissLab 13109, Dipartimento di Economia e Finanza, LUISS Guido Carli.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Alessandro Girardi, 2011. "Fiscal Spillovers in the Euro Area," CESifo Working Paper Series 3693, CESifo Group Munich.
- Patrick Bolton & Olivier Jeanne, 2011.
"Sovereign Default Risk and Bank Fragility in Financially Integrated Economies,"
IMF Economic Review,
Palgrave Macmillan;International Monetary Fund, vol. 59(2), pages 162-194, June.
- Bolton, Patrick & Jeanne, Olivier, 2011. "Sovereign Default Risk and Bank Fragility in Financially Integrated Economies," CEPR Discussion Papers 8358, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Patrick Bolton & Olivier Jeanne, 2011. "Sovereign Default Risk and Bank Fragility in Financially Integrated Economies," NBER Working Papers 16899, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marta Gómez-Puig & Simón Sosvilla-Rivero, 2011.
"Causality and contagion in peripheral EMU public debt markets: a dynamic approach,"
Working Papers del Instituto Complutense de Estudios Internacionales
1108, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Instituto Complutense de Estudios Internacionales.
- Marta Gómez-Puig & Simón Sosvilla-Rivero, 2011. "Causality and contagion in peripheral EMU public debt markets: a dynamic approach," IREA Working Papers 201116, University of Barcelona, Research Institute of Applied Economics, revised Sep 2011.
- Marta Gómez-Puig & Simón Sosvilla-Rivero, 2011. "Causality and contagion in peripheral EMU public debt markets: A dynamic approach," Working Papers 11-06, Asociación Española de Economía y Finanzas Internacionales.
- repec:ucm:wpaper:08-11 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bernoth, Kerstin & Erdogan, Burcu, 2012.
"Sovereign bond yield spreads: A time-varying coefficient approach,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 639-656.
- Kerstin Bernoth & Burcu Erdogan, 2010. "Sovereign Bond Yield Spreads: A Time-Varying Coefficient Approach," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1078, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Bernoth, Kerstin & Erdogan, Burcu, 2010. "Sovereign bond yield spreads: a time-varying coefficient approach," Discussion Papers 289, European University Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder), Department of Business Administration and Economics.
- Ryan R. Brady & Victoria A. Greenfield, 2010.
"COMPETING EXPLANATIONS OF U.S. DEFENSE INDUSTRY CONSOLIDATION IN THE 1990s AND THEIR POLICY IMPLICATIONS,"
Contemporary Economic Policy,
Western Economic Association International, vol. 28(2), pages 288-306, April.
- Ryan R. Brady & Victoria A. Greenfield, 2009. "Competing Explanations of U.S. Defense Industry Consolidation in the 1990s and Their Policy Implications," Departmental Working Papers 22, United States Naval Academy Department of Economics.
- Luigi Marattin & Paolo Paesani & Simone Salotti, 2012. "Assessing the Pre-Crisis Advantages of the EMU for Sovereign Debt Issuers: A Panel VAR Analysis," Rivista di Politica Economica, SIPI Spa, issue 1, pages 7-22, January-M.
- Mink, Mark & de Haan, Jakob, 2013. "Contagion during the Greek sovereign debt crisis," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 102-113.
- Miguel A. Segoviano Basurto & Raphael A Espinoza, 2011. "Probabilities of Default and the Market Price of Risk in a Distressed Economy," IMF Working Papers 11/75, International Monetary Fund.
- Caggiano, Giovanni & Greco, Luciano, 2012.
"Fiscal and financial determinants of Eurozone sovereign spreads,"
Elsevier, vol. 117(3), pages 774-776.
- Giovanni Caggiano & Luciano Greco, 2012. "Fiscal and Financial Determinants of Eurozone Sovereign Spreads," "Marco Fanno" Working Papers 0148, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche "Marco Fanno".
- Richard A. Ashley & Randal J. Verbrugge, 2009. "To difference or not to difference: a Monte Carlo investigation of inference in vector autoregression models," International Journal of Data Analysis Techniques and Strategies, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 1(3), pages 242-274.
- Mansor H. Ibrahim, 2006. "Stock prices and bank loan dynamics in a developing country: The case of Malaysia," Journal of Applied Economics, Universidad del CEMA, vol. 9, pages 71-89, May.
- Arellano, Manuel, 2003. "Panel Data Econometrics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199245291.
- Sims, Christopher A & Stock, James H & Watson, Mark W, 1990. "Inference in Linear Time Series Models with Some Unit Roots," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 58(1), pages 113-144, January.
- Ludvigson, Sydney, 1998.
"The Channel of Monetary Transmission to Demand: Evidence from the Market for Automobile Credit,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 30(3), pages 365-383, August.
- Sydney Ludvigson, 1996. "The channel of monetary transmission to demand: evidence from the market for automobile credit," Research Paper 9625, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Miguel A. Segoviano Basurto & Carlos Caceres & Vincenzo Guzzo, 2010. "Sovereign Spreads; Global Risk Aversion, Contagion or Fundamentals?," IMF Working Papers 10/120, International Monetary Fund.
- Atsuyuki Naka & David Tufte, 1997. "Examining impulse response functions in cointegrated systems," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(12), pages 1593-1603.
- Salvador Barrios & Per Iversen & Magdalena Lewandowska & Ralph Setzer, 2009. "Determinants of intra-euro area government bond spreads during the financial crisis," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 388, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Galariotis, Emilios C. & Makrichoriti, Panagiota & Spyrou, Spyros, 2016.
"Sovereign CDS spread determinants and spill-over effects during financial crisis: A panel VAR approach,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 62-77.
- Emilios C. Galariotis & Panagiota Makrichoriti & Spyros Spyrou, 2016. "Sovereign CDS Spread Determinants and Spill-Over Effects During Financial Crisis: A Panel VAR Approach," Post-Print hal-01358715, HAL.
More about this item
KeywordsPanel VAR; sovereign debt crisis; euro area; contagion;
- A - General Economics and Teaching
- B - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology
- N - Economic History
- P - Economic Systems
- Y80 - Miscellaneous Categories - - Related Disciplines - - - Related Disciplines
- Z00 - Other Special Topics - - General - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jscscx:v:2:y:2013:i:4:p:318-340:d:31485. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (XML Conversion Team). General contact details of provider: http://www.mdpi.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.