Incompetency training: Theory, practice, and remedies
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Armstrong, J. Scott & Brodie, Roderick J., 1994. "Effects of portfolio planning methods on decision making: experimental results," MPRA Paper 81684, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Schwenk, Charles R., 1990. "Effects of devil's advocacy and dialectical inquiry on decision making: A meta-analysis," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, pages 161-176.
- Roland Bénabou, 2013.
"Groupthink: Collective Delusions in Organizations and Markets,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, pages 429-462.
- Bénabou, Roland, 2009. "Groupthink: Collective Delusions in Organizations and Markets," CEPR Discussion Papers 7193, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Benabou, Roland, 2013. "Groupthink: Collective Delusions in Organizations and Markets," IZA Discussion Papers 7322, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Roland Bénabou, 2009. "Groupthink: Collective Delusions in Organizations and Markets," NBER Working Papers 14764, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Green, Kesten C., 2002. "Forecasting decisions in conflict situations: a comparison of game theory, role-playing, and unaided judgement," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, pages 321-344.
- JS Armstrong, 2004.
"Social Irresponsibility in Management,"
General Economics and Teaching
- JS Armstrong, 2005. "The Case of the Detrimental Drug: Implications for the Stakeholder Theory of Directorship," General Economics and Teaching 0502062, EconWPA.
- Kesten C. Green & J. Scott Armstrong, 2005.
"Competitor-oriented Objectives: The Myth of Market Share,"
Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers
17/05, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Armstrong, J. Scott & Green, Kesten C., 2007. "Competitor-oriented Objectives: The Myth of Market Share," MPRA Paper 81674, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Armstrong, J. Scott, 1977. "Social irresponsibility in management," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 185-213, September.
- Abhijit V. Banerjee & Esther Duflo, 2009.
"The Experimental Approach to Development Economics,"
Annual Review of Economics,
Annual Reviews, pages 151-178.
- Banerjee, Abhijit & Duflo, Esther, 2008. "The Experimental Approach to Development Economics," CEPR Discussion Papers 7037, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Abhijit V. Banerjee & Esther Duflo, 2008. "The Experimental Approach to Development Economics," NBER Working Papers 14467, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ray Ball, 1995. "The Theory Of Stock Market Efficiency: Accomplishments And Limitations," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 8(1), pages 4-18.
- Dan Ariely & Uri Gneezy & George Loewenstein & Nina Mazar, 2009. "Large Stakes and Big Mistakes," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 76(2), pages 451-469.
- Duflo, Esther & Saez, Emmanuel, 2002.
"Participation and investment decisions in a retirement plan: the influence of colleagues' choices,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, pages 121-148.
- Esther Duflo & Emmanuel Saez, 2000. "Participation and Investment Decisions in a Retirement Plan: The Influence of Colleagues' Choices," NBER Working Papers 7735, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Armstrong, J. Scott & Collopy, Fred, 1996. "Competitor Orientation: Effects of Objectives and Information on Managerial Decisions and Profitability," MPRA Paper 81676, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Woodside, Arch G. & Hsu, Shih-Yun & Marshall, Roger, 2011. "General theory of cultures' consequences on international tourism behavior," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 64(8), pages 785-799, August.
- Marianne Bertrand & Dolly Chugh & Sendhil Mullainathan, 2005. "Implicit Discrimination," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, pages 94-98.
- Northcraft, Gregory B. & Neale, Margaret A., 1987. "Experts, amateurs, and real estate: An anchoring-and-adjustment perspective on property pricing decisions," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, pages 84-97.
- D. Haughton & Chr. Biernacki & A. Lendasse & E. Masson & E. Severin, 2011. "Editorial," Post-Print hal-00801860, HAL.
- Gergana Y. Nenkov & J. Jeffrey Inman & John Hulland, 2008.
"Considering the Future: The Conceptualization and Measurement of Elaboration on Potential Outcomes,"
Journal of Consumer Research,
Oxford University Press, pages 126-141.
- Selin Atalay & Wayne Desarbo & Simon Blanchard & David Lebaron, 2008. "Estimating Multiple Consumer Segment Ideal Points from Context‐Dependent Survey Data," Post-Print hal-00458380, HAL.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- de Villiers, Rouxelle & Woodside, Arch G. & Marshall, Roger, 2016. "Making tough decisions competently: Assessing the value of product portfolio planning methods, devil’s advocacy, group discussion, weighting priorities, and evidenced-based information," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, pages 2849-2862.
- Huarng, Kun-Huang & Yu, Tiffany Hui-Kuang, 2015. "Healthcare expenditure with causal recipes," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, pages 1570-1573.
- Arch G. Woodside & Arnoldo R. Camacho & Lai, Wen-Hsiang, 2013. "Guest Editorial: Sense Making, Dilemmas, and Solutions in Strategic Management," International Journal of Business and Economics, College of Business and College of Finance, Feng Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan, pages 91-95.
- Albort-Morant, Gema & Oghazi, Pejvak, 2016. "How useful are incubators for new entrepreneurs?," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, pages 2125-2129.
- Lyon, Aidan & Wintle, Bonnie C. & Burgman, Mark, 2015. "Collective wisdom: Methods of confidence interval aggregation," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, pages 1759-1767.
- Loock, Moritz & Hinnen, Gieri, 2015. "Heuristics in organizations: A review and a research agenda," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, pages 2027-2036.
- Hartmann, Nathaniel N. & Rutherford, Brian N. & Park, JungKun, 2017. "Sequencing of multi-faceted job satisfaction across business-to-business and business-to-consumer salespeople: A multi-group analysis," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, pages 153-159.
- Dai, Chien-Yun & Huang, Duen-Huang, 2015. "Causal complexities to evaluate the effectiveness of remedial instruction," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, pages 894-899.
More about this item
KeywordsCompetitor-oriented; Contexts; Deregulation; Experience curve; Evidence; Incompetency; AIDS; HIV; Key success factor; Key success factors; Portfolio planning; Profit-oriented; Heuristics; Training;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbrese:v:65:y:2012:i:3:p:279-293. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.