Effects of portfolio planning methods on decision making: experimental results
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- JS Armstrong & Roderick J. Brodie, 2004. "Effects of Portfolio Planning Methods on Decision Making: Experimental Results," General Economics and Teaching 0412016, University Library of Munich, Germany.
References listed on IDEAS
- Arkes, Hal R. & Dawes, Robyn M. & Christensen, Caryn, 1986. "Factors influencing the use of a decision rule in a probabilistic task," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 93-110, February.
- Ashton, Rh & Kramer, Ss, 1980. "Students As Surrogates In Behavioral Accounting Research - Some Evidence," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(1), pages 1-15.
- Arnoldo C. Hax & Nicolas S. Majluf, 1983. "The Use of the Growth-Share Matrix in Strategic Planning," Interfaces, INFORMS, vol. 13(1), pages 46-60, February.
- Arkes, Hal R. & Blumer, Catherine, 1985. "The psychology of sunk cost," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 124-140, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nudurupati, Sai Sudhakar & Bhattacharya, Arijit & Lascelles, David & Caton, Nicholas, 2015. "Strategic sourcing with multi-stakeholders through value co-creation: An evidence from global health care company," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 166(C), pages 248-257.
- de Villiers, Rouxelle & Woodside, Arch G. & Marshall, Roger, 2016. "Making tough decisions competently: Assessing the value of product portfolio planning methods, devil’s advocacy, group discussion, weighting priorities, and evidenced-based information," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(8), pages 2849-2862.
- Paula Jarzabkowski & Sarah Kaplan, 2015. "Strategy tools-in-use: A framework for understanding “technologies of rationality” in practice," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(4), pages 537-558, April.
- JS Armstrong & Roderick J. Brodie, 2004. "Portfolio Planning Methods: Faulty Approach or Faulty Research? A Rejoinder to 'Making Better Decisions' by Wensley," General Economics and Teaching 0412017, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Armstrong, J. Scott, 2003.
"Discovery and communication of important marketing findings: Evidence and proposals,"
Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 69-84, January.
- JS Armstrong, 2004. "Discovery and Communication of Important Marketing Findings: Evidence and Proposals," General Economics and Teaching 0412011, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kesten C. Green & J. Scott Armstrong, 2005.
"Competitor-oriented Objectives: The Myth of Market Share,"
Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers
17/05, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Armstrong, J. Scott & Green, Kesten C., 2007. "Competitor-oriented Objectives: The Myth of Market Share," MPRA Paper 81674, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chang, Wen-Long & Chen, Shih-Ting, 2015. "The impact of World Café on entrepreneurial strategic planning capability," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(6), pages 1283-1290.
- Woodside, Arch G., 2012. "Incompetency training: Theory, practice, and remedies," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 65(3), pages 279-293.
- JS Armstrong & Fred Collopy, 2004. "Effects of Objectives and Information on Managerial Decisions and Profitability," General Economics and Teaching 0412014, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mohajan, Haradhan, 2015. "Present and Future of Nestlé Bangladesh Limited," MPRA Paper 82850, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 05 Apr 2015.
- Wetzstein, Anton & Hartmann, Evi & Benton jr., W.C. & Hohenstein, Nils-Ole, 2016. "A systematic assessment of supplier selection literature – State-of-the-art and future scope," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 182(C), pages 304-323.
- Hanno Drews, 2008. "Abschied vom Marktwachstums-Marktanteils-Portfolio nach über 35 Jahren Einsatz? Eine kritische Überprüfung der BCG-Matrix," Metrika: International Journal for Theoretical and Applied Statistics, Springer, vol. 19(1), pages 39-57, May.
- Haradhan Kumar Mohajan, 2018. "An Analysis on BCG Growth Sharing Matrix," Noble International Journal of Business and Management Research, Noble Academic Publsiher, vol. 2(1), pages 1-6, January.
- Roger Marshall & David Bibby & Na WoonBong, 2013. "Making Sense of Complex Marketing Decision Systems: Decision System Analysis," International Journal of Business and Economics, School of Management Development, Feng Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan, vol. 12(2), pages 121-130, December.
- Nippa, Michael, 2011. "Zur Notwendigkeit des Corporate Portfolio Management: Eine Würdigung der wissenschaftlichen Forschung der letzten vier Jahrzehnte," Freiberg Working Papers 2011/02, TU Bergakademie Freiberg, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Armstrong, J. Scott & Collopy, Fred, 1996. "Competitor Orientation: Effects of Objectives and Information on Managerial Decisions and Profitability," MPRA Paper 81676, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsBCG matric; portfolio planning; marketing research;
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:81684. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.