Demand-side policies for environmental protection and sustainable usage of renewable resources
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- J. Walter Milon, 1993. "U.S. Fisheries Management and Economic Analysis: Implications of the Alaskan Groundfish Controversy," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 75(5), pages 1177-1182.
- Davis, Derrin & Gartside, Donald F., 2001. "Challenges for economic policy in sustainable management of marine natural resources," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 223-236, February.
- Godoy, Ricardo & O'neill, Kathleen & Groff, Stephen & Kostishack, Peter & Cubas, Adoni & Demmer, Josephien & Mcsweeney, Kendra & Overman, Johannes & Wilkie, David & Brokaw, Nicholas & Martinez, Marque, 1997. "Household determinants of deforestation by amerindians in honduras," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 977-987, June.
- Feder, Gershon & Just, Richard E & Zilberman, David, 1985.
"Adoption of Agricultural Innovations in Developing Countries: A Survey,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 33(2), pages 255-298, January.
- Feder, Gershon & Just, Richard & Zilberman, David, 1984. "Adoption of Agricultural Innovations in Developing Countries: A Survey," CUDARE Working Papers 201089, University of California, Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Holden, Stein T., 1993.
"Peasant household modelling: Farming systems evolution and sustainability in northern Zambia,"
Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 9(3), pages 241-267, September.
- Stein T. Holden, 1993. "Peasant household modelling: Farming systems evolution and sustainability in northern Zambia," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 9(3), pages 241-267, September.
- Kebede, Yohannes & Gunjal, Kisan & Coffin, Garth, 1990. "Adoption of new technologies in Ethiopian agriculture: The case of Tegulet-Bulga district Shoa province," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 4(1), pages 27-43, April.
- Adesina, Akinwumi A. & Zinnah, Moses M., 1993. "Technology characteristics, farmers' perceptions and adoption decisions: A Tobit model application in Sierra Leone," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 9(4), pages 297-311, December.
- Thorpe, Andy & Ibarra, Alonso Aguilar & Reid, Chris, 2000. "The New Economic Model and Marine Fisheries Development in Latin America," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(9), pages 1689-1702, September.
- Alston, Lee J & Libecap, Gary D & Schneider, Robert, 1996.
"The Determinants and Impact of Property Rights: Land Titles on the Brazilian Frontier,"
Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 12(1), pages 25-61, April.
- Lee J. Alston & Gary D. Libecap & Robert Schneider, 1996. "The Determinants and Impact of Property Rights: Land Titles on the Brazilian Frontier," NBER Working Papers 5405, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lee G. Anderson, 1976. "The Relationship between Firm and Fishery in Common Property Fisheries," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 52(2), pages 179-191.
- Pearce, David W. & Atkinson, Giles D., 1993. "Capital theory and the measurement of sustainable development: an indicator of "weak" sustainability," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 103-108, October.
- Caviglia, Jill L & Kahn, James R, 2001. "Diffusion of Sustainable Agriculture in the Brazilian Tropical Rain Forest: A Discrete Choice Analysis," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 49(2), pages 311-333, January.
- Kahn, James R. & McDonald, Judith A., 1995. "Third-world debt and tropical deforestation," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 107-123, February.
- Smith, Nigel J. H. & Falesi, Italo C. & Alvim, Paulo de T. & Serrao, Emmanuel Adilson S., 1996. "Agroforestry trajectories among smallholders in the Brazilian Amazon: innovation and resiliency in pioneer and older settled areas," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 15-27, July.
- Angelsen, Arild, 1999. "Agricultural expansion and deforestation: modelling the impact of population, market forces and property rights," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 185-218, February.
- Weinhold, Diana, 1999. "Estimating the loss of agricultural productivity in the Amazon," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 63-76, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Francesco Rizzi, 2009. "The need of standardization and the potential role of voluntary approaches: Issues and trends in Italian GCHP market," Working Papers 200908, Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna of Pisa, Istituto di Management.
- Michael Howes & Liana Wortley & Ruth Potts & Aysin Dedekorkut-Howes & Silvia Serrao-Neumann & Julie Davidson & Timothy Smith & Patrick Nunn, 2017. "Environmental Sustainability: A Case of Policy Implementation Failure?," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(2), pages 1-17, January.
- Solaymani, Saeed, 2019. "CO2 emissions patterns in 7 top carbon emitter economies: The case of transport sector," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 168(C), pages 989-1001.
- Faße, Anja & Grote, Ulrike, 2013. "The economic relevance of sustainable agroforestry practices — An empirical analysis from Tanzania," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 86-96.
- Lippert, Christian, 2009. "Fraud and free riding in tropical forests – on the potential for certification to enforce sustainable resource use indirectly," German Journal of Agricultural Economics, Humboldt-Universitaet zu Berlin, Department for Agricultural Economics, vol. 58(03), pages 1-11, April.
- Polimeni, John M., 2004. "Graduate education in ecological economics," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(3-4), pages 287-293, December.
- Yilmaz, Pelin & Hakan Hocaoglu, M. & Konukman, Alp Er S., 2008. "A pre-feasibility case study on integrated resource planning including renewables," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 1223-1232, March.
- Waldman, Kurt B. & Ortega, David L. & Richardson, Robert B. & Snapp, Sieglinde S., 2017. "Estimating demand for perennial pigeon pea in Malawi using choice experiments," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 131(C), pages 222-230.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Casey, James F. & Caviglia-Harris, Jill L., 2000. "Deforestation And Agroforestry Adoption In Tropical Forests: Can We Generalize? Some Results From Campeche, Mexico And Rondonia, Brazil," 2000 Annual Meeting, June 29-July 1, 2000, Vancouver, British Columbia 36466, Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Barbier,Edward B., 2007. "Natural Resources and Economic Development," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521706513.
- Wubeneh, Nega Gebreselassie & Sanders, J.H., 2006. "Farm-level adoption of sorghum technologies in Tigray, Ethiopia," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 91(1-2), pages 122-134, November.
- Negatu, W. & Parikh, A., 1999. "The impact of perception and other factors on the adoption of agricultural technology in the Moret and Jiru Woreda (district) of Ethiopia," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 21(2), pages 205-216, October.
- Adesina, Akinwumi A. & Baidu-Forson, Jojo, 1995. "Farmers' perceptions and adoption of new agricultural technology: evidence from analysis in Burkina Faso and Guinea, West Africa," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 13(1), pages 1-9, October.
- Bekelc Shiferaw & Stein T. Holden, 1998.
"Resource degradation and adoption of land conservation technologies in the Ethiopian Highlands: A case study in Andit Tid, North Shewa,"
Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 18(3), pages 233-247, May.
- Shiferaw, Bekele & Holden, Stein T., 1998. "Resource degradation and adoption of land conservation technologies in the Ethiopian Highlands: A case study in Andit Tid, North Shewa," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 18(3), pages 233-247, May.
- Wobst, Peter & Tchale, Hardwick & Frohberg, Klaus, 2004. "Soil Fertility Management Choice in the Maize-Based Smallholder Farming System in Malawi," 2004 Inaugural Symposium, December 6-8, 2004, Nairobi, Kenya 9524, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Langyintuo, Augustine S. & Mungoma, Catherine, 2008. "The effect of household wealth on the adoption of improved maize varieties in Zambia," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 550-559, December.
- Cuong Le Van & Nguyen To The, 2019. "Farmers’ adoption of organic production," Asia-Pacific Journal of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 3(1), pages 33-59, February.
- Boris Bravo & Horacio Cocchi & Daniel Solís, 2006.
"Adoption of Soil Conservation Technologies in El Salvador: A cross-Section and Over-Time Analysis,"
OVE Working Papers
1806, Inter-American Development Bank, Office of Evaluation and Oversight (OVE).
- Bravo-Ureta, Boris E. & Cocchi, Horacio & Solís, Daniel, 2011. "Adoption of Soil Conservation Technologies in El Salvador: A Cross-Section and Over-Time Analysis," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 2894, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Bulte, Erwin H. & van Soest, Daan P., 2001. "Environmental degradation in developing countries: households and the (reverse) Environmental Kuznets Curve," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 225-235, June.
- Caroline Roussy & Aude Ridier & Karim Chaïb, 2014.
"Adoption d’innovations par les agriculteurs : rôle des perceptions et des préférences,"
- Caroline Roussy & Aude Ridier & Karim Chaib, 2015. "Adoption d’innovations par les agriculteurs : rôle des perceptions et des préférences," Working Papers SMART - LERECO 15-03, INRAE UMR SMART-LERECO.
- Roussy, Caroline & Ridier, Aude & Chaib, Karim, 2015. "Adoption d’innovations par les agriculteurs : rôle des perceptions et des préférences," Working Papers 206036, Institut National de la recherche Agronomique (INRA), Departement Sciences Sociales, Agriculture et Alimentation, Espace et Environnement (SAE2).
- Hong, Yu & Heerink, Nico & van der Werf, Wopke, 2020. "Farm size and smallholders’ use of intercropping in Northwest China," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 99(C).
- Weslem Rodrigues Faria & Admir Antônio Betarelli Júnior & Rosa Lívia Gonçalves Montenegro, 2019. "Multidimensional characteristics and deforestation: an analysis for the Brazilian Legal Amazon," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 53(4), pages 1959-1979, July.
- Kenneth, Akankwasa & Gerald, Ortmann & Edilegnaw, Wale & Wilberforce, Tushemereirwe, 2012. "Ex-Ante Adoption of New Cooking Banana (Matooke) Hybrids in Uganda Based on Farmers' Perceptions," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 123302, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Sidibe, Amadou, 2005. "Farm-level adoption of soil and water conservation techniques in northern Burkina Faso," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 71(3), pages 211-224, February.
- Mazuze, Feliciano M., 2007. "Analysis of Adoption of Orange-Fleshed Sweet Potatoes: The Case Study of Gaza Province in Mozambique," Food Security Collaborative Working Papers 55868, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Francis D. K. Anim, 1999. "A Note on the Adoption of Soil Conservation Measures in the Northern Province of South Africa," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(2), pages 336-345, May.
- Akinola, Adebayo A. & Arega, D.A. & Adeyemo, Remi & Sanogo, Diakalia & Olanrewaju, Adetunji S. & Nwoke, C. & Nzigaheba, G. & Diels, J., 2008. "Determinants of adoption and intensity of use of balanced nutrient management systems technologies in the northern Guinea savanna of Nigeria," 2007 Second International Conference, August 20-22, 2007, Accra, Ghana 52007, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Bernard, Munyua & Hellin, Jonathan & Nyikal, Rose Adhiambo & Mburu, John G., 2010. "Determinants for Use of Certified Maize Seed and the Relative Importance of Transaction Costs," 2010 AAAE Third Conference/AEASA 48th Conference, September 19-23, 2010, Cape Town, South Africa 96423, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:45:y:2003:i:1:p:119-132. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nithya Sathishkumar). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.