James Randall Kahn
Department of Economics Lexington, Virginia (United States)
Washington and Lee University
RePEc:edi:dewluus (more details at EDIRC)
Research outputJump to: Working papers Articles Chapters Books
- Alexandre Rivas & James F. Casey & James R. Kahn, 2005. "A Preservação Ambiental É Um Bem De Luxo? Um Estudo Sobre Valor De Ecossistemas Na Amazônia," Anais do XXXIII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 33rd Brazilian Economics Meeting] 138, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- de Rezende, Carlos Eduardo & Kahn, James R. & Passareli, Layra & Vásquez, William F., 2015. "An economic valuation of mangrove restoration in Brazil," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 120(C), pages 296-302.
- James Randall Kahn & Carlos Edwar Freitas & Miguel Petrere, 2014. "False Shades of Green: The Case of Brazilian Amazonian Hydropower," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(9), pages 1-20, September.
- Corrêa, Maria Angélica de Almeida & Kahn, James R. & Freitas, Carlos Edwar de Carvalho, 2014. "Perverse incentives in fishery management: The case of the defeso in the Brazilian Amazon," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 186-194.
- Alexandre A.F. Rivas & James R. Kahn & Carlos Edwar Freitas & Lawrence E. Hurd & Gregory Cooper, 2013. "The Role of Payments for Ecological Services in the Sustainable Development and Environmental Preservation of the Rainforest: A Case Study of Barcelos, Amazonas, BR," International Journal of Social Ecology and Sustainable Development (IJSESD), IGI Global, vol. 4(3), pages 13-27, July.
- Caviglia-Harris, Jill L. & Chambers, Dustin & Kahn, James R., 2009. "Taking the "U" out of Kuznets: A comprehensive analysis of the EKC and environmental degradation," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(4), pages 1149-1159, February.
- Casey, James F. & Kahn, James R. & Rivas, Alexandre A.F., 2008. "Willingness to accept compensation for the environmental risks of oil transport on the Amazon: A choice modeling experiment," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(4), pages 552-559, November.
- Casey, James F. & Kahn, James R. & Rivas, Alexandre, 2006. "Willingness to pay for improved water service in Manaus, Amazonas, Brazil," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 365-372, June.
- Kahn, James Randall & Franceschi, Dina, 2006. "Beyond Kyoto: A tax-based system for the global reduction of greenhouse gas emissions," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(4), pages 778-787, July.
- Batabyal, Amitrajeet A. & Kahn, James R. & O'Neill, Robert V., 2003. "On the scarcity value of ecosystem services," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 334-352, September.
- Jill L. Caviglia-Harris & James R. Kahn, 2003. "Carbon annuities and their potential to preserve tropical forests and slow global warming: an application for small-scale farmers," International Journal of Sustainable Development, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 6(3), pages 328-344.
- Caviglia-Harris, Jill L. & Kahn, James R. & Green, Trellis, 2003. "Demand-side policies for environmental protection and sustainable usage of renewable resources," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 119-132, April.
- James F. Casey & Jill L. Caviglia-Harris & James R. Kahn & Alexandre Rivas, 2002. "Information and the subsistence farmer's decision to deforest in Latin America," International Journal of Sustainable Development, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 5(4), pages 392-414.
- Caviglia, Jill L & Kahn, James R, 2001. "Diffusion of Sustainable Agriculture in the Brazilian Tropical Rain Forest: A Discrete Choice Analysis," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 49(2), pages 311-333, January.
- Farmer, Amy & Kahn, James R. & McDonald, Judith A. & O'Neill, Robert, 2001. "Rethinking the optimal level of environmental quality: justifications for strict environmental policy," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 461-473, March.
- Kahn, James R. & Farmer, Amy, 1999. "The double dividend, second-best worlds, and real-world environmental policy," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 433-439, September.
- James R. Kahn & Robert V. O’Neill, 1999. "Ecological Interaction as a Source of Economic Irreversibility," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 66(2), pages 391-402, October.
- David L. Greene & James R. Kahn & Robert C. Gibson, 1999. "Fuel Economy Rebound Effect for U.S. Household Vehicles," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 1-31.
- Kahn, James R. & McDonald, Judith A., 1995. "Third-world debt and tropical deforestation," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 107-123, February.
- Clark, David E. & Kahn, James R., 1989. "The two-stage hedonic wage approach: A methodology for the valuation of environmental amenities," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 106-120, March.
- Kahn, James R. & Kemp, W. Michael, 1985. "Economic losses associated with the degradation of an ecosystem: The case of submerged aquatic vegetation in Chesapeake Bay," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 246-263, September.
- James Kahn & Alexandre Rivas, 2009. "The Sustainable Economic Development of Traditional Peoples," Chapters,in: Post Keynesian and Ecological Economics, chapter 13 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Anna Alberini & James R. Kahn, 2006. "Conclusions," Chapters,in: Handbook on Contingent Valuation, chapter 20 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Anna Alberini & James R. Kahn, 2006. "Introduction," Chapters,in: Handbook on Contingent Valuation, chapter 1 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Steven Stewart & James R. Kahn, 2006. "An Introduction to Choice Modeling for Non-market Valuation," Chapters,in: Handbook on Contingent Valuation, chapter 7 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Anna Alberini & James R. Kahn (ed.), 2006. "Handbook on Contingent Valuation," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 1893, December.
- David E. Ervin & James R. Kahn & Marie L. Livingston (ed.), 2003. "Does Environmental Policy Work?," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 1848, December.
- David J. Bjornstad & James R. Kahn (ed.), 1996. "The Contingent Valuation of Environmental Resources," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 731, December.
More informationResearch fields, statistics, top rankings, if available.
Access and download statistics for all items
NEP FieldsNEP is an announcement service for new working papers, with a weekly report in each of many fields. This author has had 1 paper announced in NEP. These are the fields, ordered by number of announcements, along with their dates. If the author is listed in the directory of specialists for this field, a link is also provided.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. For general information on how to correct material on RePEc, see these instructions.
To update listings or check citations waiting for approval, James Randall Kahn should log into the RePEc Author Service.
To make corrections to the bibliographic information of a particular item, find the technical contact on the abstract page of that item. There, details are also given on how to add or correct references and citations.
To link different versions of the same work, where versions have a different title, use this form. Note that if the versions have a very similar title and are in the author's profile, the links will usually be created automatically.
Please note that most corrections can take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.