Rethinking the optimal level of environmental quality: justifications for strict environmental policy
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Benford, Frank A., 1998. "On the Dynamics of the Regulation of Pollution: Incentive Compatible Regulation of a Persistent Pollutant," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 1-25, July.
- Arrow, Kenneth J & Fisher, Anthony C, 1974. "Environmental Preservation, Uncertainty, and Irreversibility," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 88(2), pages 312-19, May.
- Ko, Il Dong & Lapan, Harvey E. & Sandler, Todd, 1992.
"Controlling Stock Externalities: Flexible Versus Inflexible Pigovian Corrections,"
Staff General Research Papers
10809, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Ko, Il-Dong & Lapan, Harvey E. & Sandler, Todd, 1992. "Controlling stock externalities : Flexible versus inflexible Pigovian corrections," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 1263-1276, August.
- John Hartwick, 1976.
"Intergenerational Equity and the Investing of Rents from Exhaustible Resources,"
220, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Hartwick, John M, 1977. "Intergenerational Equity and the Investing of Rents from Exhaustible Resources," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(5), pages 972-74, December.
- Simpson, R. David & Bradford, Robert III, 1996. "Taxing Variable Cost: Environmental Regulation as Industrial Policy," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 282-300, May.
- Brito, Dagobert L. & Intriligator, Michael D., 1987. "Stock externalities, Pigovian taxation and dynamic stability," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 59-72, June.
- James R. Kahn & Robert V. O’Neill, 1999. "Ecological Interaction as a Source of Economic Irreversibility," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 66(2), pages 391-402, October.
- Kahn, James R. & Farmer, Amy, 1999. "The double dividend, second-best worlds, and real-world environmental policy," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 433-439, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:36:y:2001:i:3:p:461-473. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.