An economic model of waterlogging and salinization in arid regions
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Khanna, Madhu & Zilberman, David, 1997. "Incentives, precision technology and environmental protection," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 25-43, October.
- Kelleners, T. J. & Chaudhry, M. R., 1998. "Drainage water salinity of tubewells and pipe drains:: A case study from Pakistan," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 41-53, June.
- Smets, S. M. P. & Kuper, M. & Van Dam, J. C. & Feddes, R. A., 1997. "Salinization and crop transpiration of irrigated fields in Pakistan's Punjab," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 35(1-2), pages 43-60, December.
- Rosegrant, Mark W. & Schleyer, Renato Gazmuri & Yadav, Satya N., 1995. "Water policy for efficient agricultural diversification: market-based approaches," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 203-223, June.
- Rosegrant, Mark W. & Ringler, Claudia, 1997. "World food markets into the 21st century: environmental and resource constraints and policies," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 41(3), September.
- Perry, C. J. & Rock, M. & Seckler, D., 1997. "Water as an economic good: a solution, or a problem ?," IWMI Research Reports H021492, International Water Management Institute.
- M. Jamil Chaudhry, 1990. "The Adoption of Tubewell Technology in Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 29(3 and 4), pages 291-303.
- Marca Weinberg & Catherine L. Kling & James E. Wilen, 1993.
"Water Markets and Water Quality,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 75(2), pages 278-291.
- Tsur, Yacov & Dinar, Ariel, 1997. "The Relative Efficiency and Implementation Costs of Alternative Methods for Pricing Irrigation Water," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 11(2), pages 243-62, May.
- Ruth Meinzen-Dick, 1994. "Private Tubewell Development and Groundwater Markets in Pakistan: A District-level Analysis," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 33(4), pages 857-869.
- Muhammad Afzal, 1996. "Managing Water Resources for Environmentally Sustainable Irrigated Agriculture in Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 35(4), pages 977-988.
- Rosegrant, Mark W. & Binswanger, Hans P., 1994. "Markets in tradable water rights: Potential for efficiency gains in developing country water resource allocation," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 22(11), pages 1613-1625, November.
- John W. Mellor, 1996. "Accelerating Agricultural Growth—Is Irrigation Institutional Reform Necessary?," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 35(4), pages 399-417.
- A.R. Kemal & Faiz Bilquees & Zafar Mahmood, 1995. "National Income Accounting and Environment: A Case Study of Waterlogging and Salinity in Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 34(4), pages 581-590.
- Rashid Faruqee, 1996. "Role of Economic Policies in Protecting the Environment: The Experience of Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 35(4), pages 483-506.
- Sampath, Rajan K., 1992. "Issues in irrigation pricing in developing countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 20(7), pages 967-977, July.
- Dinar, Ariel & Letey, J., 1991. "Agricultural water marketing, allocative efficiency, and drainage reduction," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 210-223, May.
- Singh, Jai & Pal Singh, Jai, 1995. "Land degradation and economic sustainability," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 77-86, October.
- Muhammad Aslam Chaudhry & Robert A. Young, 1990. "Privatizing Public Irrigation Tubewells in Pakistan: An Appraisal of Alternatives," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 29(1), pages 33-58.
- Moore, Mick, 1989. "The fruits and fallacies of neoliberalism: The case of irrigation policy," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 17(11), pages 1733-1750, November.
- Usman Mustafa & P.L. Pingali, 1995. "Intensification-induced Degradation of Irrigated Infrastructure: The Case of Waterlogging and Salinity in Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 34(4), pages 733-750.
- Bromley, Daniel W & Taylor, Donald C & Parker, Donald E, 1980. "Water Reform and Economic Development: Institutional Aspects of Water Management in the Developing Countries," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 28(2), pages 365-87, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:30:y:1999:i:3:p:475-491. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.