Water as an economic good: a solution, or a problem ?
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kadigi, Reuben M.J. & Mdoe, Ntengua S.Y. & Ashimogo, Gasper C. & Morardet, Sylvie, 2008. "Water for irrigation or hydropower generation?--Complex questions regarding water allocation in Tanzania," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 95(8), pages 984-992, August.
- Wichelns, Dennis, 1999. "An economic model of waterlogging and salinization in arid regions," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 475-491, September.
- Jian Xie, 2009. "Addressing China's Water Scarcity : Recommendations for Selected Water Resource Management Issues," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2585.
- Atapattu, N. K., 2002. "Economic valuing of water," IWMI Books, Reports H031121, International Water Management Institute.
- Mesa, Pascual & Martin-Ortega, Julia & Berbel, Julio, 2008. "AnÃ¡lisis multicriterio de preferencias sociales en gestiÃ³n hÃdrica bajo la Directiva Marco del Agua," Economia Agraria y Recursos Naturales, Spanish Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 8(2).
- Molle, Francois & Berkoff, J., 2007. "Water pricing in irrigation: the lifetime of an idea," IWMI Books, Reports H040600, International Water Management Institute.
- Kumar, M. Dinesh & van Dam, J. C., 2008. "Improving water productivity in agriculture in developing economies: in search of new avenues," IWMI Conference Proceedings 245276, International Water Management Institute.
- Mason, Simon A. & Muller, Adrian, 2007.
"Analyzing economic market interactions as conflicts: New concepts to assess market-based policy instruments,"
Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 81-90, February.
- Mason, Simon A. & Muller, Adrian, 2006. "Analyzing Economic Market Interactions as Conflicts: New Concepts to Assess Market-Based Policy Instruments," Working Papers in Economics 212, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- World Bank, 2008. "Investment in Agricultural Water for Poverty Reduction and Economic Growth in Sub-Saharan Africa : Synthesis Report," World Bank Other Operational Studies 8012, The World Bank.
- Hellegers, P. J. G. J., 2005. "The relevance of insight into the value of water for integrated river basin management," Conference Papers h037533, International Water Management Institute.
- Salman, Amer Zahi & Al-Karablieh, Emad, 2004. "Measuring the willingness of farmers to pay for groundwater in the highland areas of Jordan," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 61-76, July.
- Pereira, Luis S. & Cordery, Ian & Iacovides, Iacovos, 2012. "Improved indicators of water use performance and productivity for sustainable water conservation and saving," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 39-51.
- repec:spo:wpecon:info:hdl:2441/5l6uh8ogmqildh09h2qa1ccc1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alexandre Le Vernoy & Patrick Messerlin, 2010. "Water and the WTO: Don’t kill the messenger," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/5l6uh8ogmqi, Sciences Po.
- Barker, R. & Molle, Francois, 2005. "Perspectives on Asian irrigation," IWMI Books, Reports H044963, International Water Management Institute.
- Barker, R. & Scott, C. A. & de Fraiture, C. & Amarasinghe, U., 2000. "La escasez mundial de agua y el reto que afronta Mexico. In Spanish," IWMI Books, Reports H026618, International Water Management Institute.
- Daniel A. Brent, 2016. "Estimating Water Demand Elasticity at the Intensive and Extensive Margin," Departmental Working Papers 2016-06, Department of Economics, Louisiana State University.
- Wichelns, Dennis, 2002. "An economic perspective on the potential gains from improvements in irrigation water management," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 233-248, January.
- Kumar, M. Dinesh & van Dam, J. C., 2009. "Improving water productivity in agriculture in India: beyond \u2018more crop per drop\u2019," IWMI Books, Reports H042639, International Water Management Institute.
- Anonymous, 2005. "Irrigation and river basin management: options for governance and institutions," IWMI Books, International Water Management Institute, number 138050.
- Kadigi, R. M. J. & Mdoe, N. S. & Lankford, B. A. & Morardet, Sylvie, 2005. "The value of water for irrigated rice and hydropower generation in the Great Ruaha, Tanzania," Conference Papers h037531, International Water Management Institute.
- McCauley, David & Anderson, Robert & Bowen, Richard & Elassiouty, Ibrahim & Mahdy, Elsayed & Soliman, Ibrahim, 2002. "Economic Instruments For Improved Water Resources Management In Egypt," MPRA Paper 40581, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 15 Feb 2002.
More about this item
KeywordsWater resource management / Economic aspects / Economic analysis / Irrigated farming / Water rights / Pricing / Privatization / Marginal analysis / Water market / Water policy;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iwt:rerpts:h021492. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chandima Gunadasa). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iwmiclk.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .