Water as an economic good: a solution, or a problem ?
- Perry, C. J.
- Rock, M.
- Seckler, D.
(International Water Management Institute)
No abstract is available for this item.
|Date of creation:||1997|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 127, Sunil Mawatha, Pelawatte, Battaramulla|
Phone: +94-11 2880000
Fax: +94-11 2786854
Web page: http://www.iwmi.cgiar.org/
More information through EDIRC
- Kumar, M. Dinesh & van Dam, J. C., 2008. "Improving water productivity in agriculture in developing economies: in search of new avenues," IWMI Conference Proceedings 245276, International Water Management Institute.
- Wichelns, Dennis, 2002. "An economic perspective on the potential gains from improvements in irrigation water management," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 233-248, January.
- Mason, Simon A. & Muller, Adrian, 2007.
"Analyzing economic market interactions as conflicts: New concepts to assess market-based policy instruments,"
Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 81-90, February.
- Mason, Simon A. & Muller, Adrian, 2006. "Analyzing Economic Market Interactions as Conflicts: New Concepts to Assess Market-Based Policy Instruments," Working Papers in Economics 212, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Kadigi, Reuben M.J. & Mdoe, Ntengua S.Y. & Ashimogo, Gasper C. & Morardet, Sylvie, 2008. "Water for irrigation or hydropower generation?--Complex questions regarding water allocation in Tanzania," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 95(8), pages 984-992, August.
- Kumar, M. Dinesh & van Dam, J. C., 2009. "Improving water productivity in agriculture in India: beyond \u2018more crop per drop\u2019," IWMI Books, Reports H042639, International Water Management Institute.
- Barker, R. & Molle, Francois, 2005. "Perspectives on Asian irrigation," IWMI Books, Reports H044963, International Water Management Institute.
- World Bank, 2008. "Investment in Agricultural Water for Poverty Reduction and Economic Growth in Sub-Saharan Africa : Synthesis Report," World Bank Other Operational Studies 8012, The World Bank.
- Hellegers, P. J. G. J., 2005. "The relevance of insight into the value of water for integrated river basin management," Conference Papers h037533, International Water Management Institute.
- Wichelns, Dennis, 1999. "An economic model of waterlogging and salinization in arid regions," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 475-491, September.
- Salman, Amer Zahi & Al-Karablieh, Emad, 2004. "Measuring the willingness of farmers to pay for groundwater in the highland areas of Jordan," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 61-76, July.
- Pereira, Luis S. & Cordery, Ian & Iacovides, Iacovos, 2012. "Improved indicators of water use performance and productivity for sustainable water conservation and saving," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 39-51.
- Jian Xie, 2009. "Addressing China's Water Scarcity : Recommendations for Selected Water Resource Management Issues," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2585, August.
- Anonymous, 2005. "Irrigation and river basin management: options for governance and institutions," IWMI Books, International Water Management Institute, number 138050.
- Kadigi, R. M. J. & Mdoe, N. S. & Lankford, B. A. & Morardet, Sylvie, 2005. "The value of water for irrigated rice and hydropower generation in the Great Ruaha, Tanzania," Conference Papers h037531, International Water Management Institute.
- Barker, R. & Scott, C. A. & de Fraiture, C. & Amarasinghe, U., 2000. "La escasez mundial de agua y el reto que afronta Mexico. In Spanish," IWMI Books, Reports H026618, International Water Management Institute.
- repec:spo:wpecon:info:hdl:2441/5l6uh8ogmqildh09h2qa1ccc1 is not listed on IDEAS
- McCauley, David & Anderson, Robert & Bowen, Richard & Elassiouty, Ibrahim & Mahdy, Elsayed & Soliman, Ibrahim, 2002. "Economic Instruments For Improved Water Resources Management In Egypt," MPRA Paper 40581, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 15 Feb 2002.
- Alexandre Le Vernoy & Patrick Messerlin, 2010. "Water and the WTO: Don’t kill the messenger," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/5l6uh8ogmqi, Sciences Po.
- Atapattu, N. K., 2002. "Economic valuing of water," IWMI Books, Reports H031121, International Water Management Institute.
- Daniel A. Brent, "undated". "Estimating Water Demand Elasticity at the Intensive and Extensive Margin," Departmental Working Papers 2016-06, Department of Economics, Louisiana State University.
- Mesa, Pascual & Martin-Ortega, Julia & Berbel, Julio, 2008. "AnÃ¡lisis multicriterio de preferencias sociales en gestiÃ³n hÃdrica bajo la Directiva Marco del Agua," Economia Agraria y Recursos Naturales, Spanish Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 8(2).
- Molle, Francois & Berkoff, J., 2007. "Water pricing in irrigation: the lifetime of an idea," IWMI Books, Reports H040600, International Water Management Institute.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iwt:rerpts:h021492. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chandima Gunadasa)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed